Clifford G4

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2008, 10:22 AM
Steviem
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford G4

Hi,

Is anyone running a Clifford G4 alarm/imob or has anyone expirience of it?

The problem im having is that mine seems to have a mind of its own. The strange thing is it only goes of when its raining.

There is a black sensor that is about 5 inches long that runs down the front windscreen directly behind the rear view mirror [ it touches the glass ] - im wondering would this be the problem - if its sitting on the glass would the rain on the window cause it to go of? [ i can take a pic and show this if need be ]

Also, is there an adjusment on the alarm to turn the sensitivity down [ if it has one ] ?

I know its not large vehicles passing the house with vibration as i live close to a busy road. Also it cant be a cat/dog walking past on the wall because people in the house walk past all the time and it doesnt go of.

Like i said it only seems to go off when its raining [ but not when its always raining lol ]

Im confused - could it perhaps just be a faulty wire somewere.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Stevie
Old 13 September 2008, 06:40 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may have warn away sensor Microwave this plays up when raining generally there is a setting to adjust but i dont do Clifford so cant help you on that one

Ian
Old 14 September 2008, 10:27 AM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

Hi, the unit you may be talking about is the Reciever for the remote, if the alarm is going of fully then its more than likely not the microwave or proxy sensor, take a look at the bonnet switch may be shorting when water gets on it, try disconnecting it when its raining to confirm.
Old 14 September 2008, 10:32 AM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Smile bell box

I have the same alarm and my siren has stopped can i get this sorted ???

Sorry to jump on your post hope ou dont mind i have the same wire going up my front screen ....
Old 14 September 2008, 11:09 AM
Steviem
Scooby Regular

@ Mark - jump in anytime mate

@ deangtiuk - thanks for that mate. Ive had a look at the bonnet sensor and i think it may be the problem. When i push the sensor down [ just like it would when the bonnet is closed ] it touches the metal. With the wire being attached by a screw, i have now bent this away a bit - just to see if this helps. I will however try what you sudjested

Thanks again. Hope someone can answer your question Mark
Old 14 September 2008, 02:54 PM
scoobymoz
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The part you see stuck to your screen is an aerial for the alarm, if it is going off when it is raining it is probably the external prox sensor if it has one fitted?
Old 14 September 2008, 06:36 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Try this:
https://www.scoobynet.com/security-1...ox-sensor.html
or this:
https://www.scoobynet.com/security-1...adjusting.html
Old 17 September 2008, 12:31 PM
Steviem
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that BBE, sorry i havent replied earlier as i kept getting that 404 code. Thankfully the site has been fixed.

Ok, i few problems regarding your links >

Im not sure what model my G4 is as it was installed before a purchased the car. It says nothing on the siren and i cant locate the mother board (?).

In your links it talks about the 5 botton key fob - mine is the 4 button - open/close, boot, lights and *.

Im also not sure if it has a Dual Sensor lol.

More importantly - today was the first day i hadnt rained in like a fortnight and guess what, it still went of. Now, when it does go of there are 2 things, 1] it always seems to go of around 9am and 2] its the main alarm that goes of - not a warn away siren [ as mentioned like 2 bleeps? ] this is full on " get the **** away from my car " sound lol ya know the sound it makes when you open the door etc

As ive said above - i have the 5/6inch ariel type sensor running down the windscreen - behind the rear view mirror.

I hope this helps you some. I dont really know what else to say lol

Were is the Mother Board likely to be? And, with the description ive given above, what model do you think i have?

In the meantime is this any good > CLIFFORD CAR ALARM CLIFFNET WIZARD KIT

Thanks alot, much appreciated
Old 18 September 2008, 07:46 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

I'm thinking a concept 600 or a 500, it sounds like you have a proxy sensor if so they are usually located under the centre console around the hand brake area, you can use the wire to trace back to the main control unit.

The Cliffnet Wizard is a good tool but you can't adjust any of the sensors through it you can adjust virtually anything else like siren tones, timers on Aux channels and locking options to name a few you may want to make sure the computer that you use it on has a serial port as the usb to serial is very Iffy and gives a lot of grief ( I had to use a old Windows 98 pc to get mine to work).

Hope this helps Dean.
Old 21 September 2008, 11:16 AM
Steviem
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deangtiuk
I'm thinking a concept 600 or a 500, it sounds like you have a proxy sensor if so they are usually located under the centre console around the hand brake area, you can use the wire to trace back to the main control unit.

The Cliffnet Wizard is a good tool but you can't adjust any of the sensors through it you can adjust virtually anything else like siren tones, timers on Aux channels and locking options to name a few you may want to make sure the computer that you use it on has a serial port as the usb to serial is very Iffy and gives a lot of grief ( I had to use a old Windows 98 pc to get mine to work).

Hope this helps Dean.

Thanks man but still no luck. Im gonna take the motor down to a Clifford Dealer in Blackpool. Was talking to them on the phone and they suggested that it needed reset? The reason being is because the car had been stored up for 3 years with the battery removed, the believe that to be the problem!

Thanks again for the help
Old 22 September 2008, 09:35 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

even if it's not just needing reset.. it would be worth getting it checked out anyway... gives you a bit of confidence in knowing that its been tested and is working fine.
Old 24 September 2008, 09:52 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

I know the serial port Wizard connection is a problem. I'm looking for an old working laptop with Windows 98 on just for setting up my alarm. If anyone has one they are throwing out, please throw it my way !!!
Old 25 September 2008, 12:24 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

if you have a new laptop with an expresscard slot you can get adaptors that work with cliffnet.