dual prox sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2008, 10:33 PM
Legacy GT TT
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual prox sensor

Is there any clifford installers on here that can help me out,
ive got a clifford concept 650 mk 2 installed whenever it rains the warn away siren is sounding every couple of seconds.

I turned the sensor down but i have to turn it down that low that now it doesnt warn away when someone is near the car.
So really its pointless having.

Could this have anything to do with where the sensor has been mounted or does is sound like a faulty dual prox sensor
Old 09 July 2008, 10:37 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

where is it mounted?

do you have tinted film applied to the cars windows?
Old 09 July 2008, 10:44 PM
Legacy GT TT
Scooby Newbie

Im not to sure where it is mounted as i didnt install it, But where is the best place to have it mounted. Id imagine its under roof lining as it seemed like it had been disturbed when i got the car back from the installer.

The car is a legacy estate with twin sunroofs if this makes any difference,
All the back windows are tinted (from factory on gtb's) i beleive.
But my two front windows and windscreen are not.

The sensor seemed to be working fine, I always thought it needed to be less sensative as the outer warning zone was quite large where it would pick up anything.

But now ive lowered that i cant get it to not go off in rain, but still warn away
Old 10 July 2008, 07:43 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

the roof is the best place for it.... thats where i always put them. It's probably just needing adjusted. I would recomend taking it to a dealer and getting them to do it. There is a knack to it even though it seems simple.
Old 10 July 2008, 06:51 PM
Legacy GT TT
Scooby Newbie

I took lining down today and found sensor, It was half stuck to the lining and resting on the metal workings of the sunroof.

Is that right?

Also the sensor looks like someone could of had it open as the sticker is split where the two halves join , the one in my car is in this picture (at the front)
this is a pic of a concept 650

With mine being the concept 650 mk 2 shouldnt mine be this one

JUst wondering if ive been given an old sensor and if it could go faulty (as in too sensative to rain)

I had another go today at adjusting i got it so if you went near the window it would make a noise, just not every time though. so not really working that well.

But as soon as the rain started it was chirping every 5 seconds.

When they say install face down, does that mean the clifford writing face down ( ie if i looked up i could see the clifford sign on the sensor)
Old 10 July 2008, 07:05 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

the sensor in the top image is the one you should have..... and it should be mounted with the writing facing down.

The sensor being stuck to the headlining is also ok.. it's not ideal but as you have a sunroof its probably the only place it could go.

The only way to set it is going to be through trial and error. when it's chirping you will need to knock it down one stage at a time and test it to see if its ok. There is a real knack in setting these. You should set it so that you have to be within 6 inches of the car for it to warn away.
Old 10 July 2008, 07:19 PM
Legacy GT TT
Scooby Newbie

Ive set it so that you have to be practically leaning against the front window and if your lucky it might chirp, might not so its turned down really low.

But as soon as rains starts its all over the place.
Is the one in the second picture compatable with the mk2?
just wondering if to change the sensor or maybe mount in centre console or attached to roof lining on the side i can see.

The installer that did it broke that many things i dont want to go back to him.
So there are no local clifford dealers near me.
Old 10 July 2008, 10:41 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

TBH. theres a good chance that your not setting it or testing it properly. It has a system in it which detects mass movement and add into that a .5second delay for the siren to trigger as well as a 2 second delay between chirps. It all adds up to something which takes a bit of time to set properly and is one on the reasons why clifford dont publish the adjusment settings in the user manual. It's also another reason why Cliffords should only be installed/serviced by trained engineers.

If you tell me where you stay I will find you an installer who can help you out..
Old 15 July 2008, 10:35 AM
MotorG Raf
Scooby Regular

just go to Clifford (United Kingdom) - Car & Motorcycle Security and you can find a local dealer.
Old 12 August 2008, 08:58 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Might be too late but is this any help?

https://www.scoobynet.com/security-1...adjusting.html