Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clifford - Cliffnet Wizard

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2001, 11:02 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone got the Cliffnet Wizard Data link option on there Clifford Alarm.

I'm having a Clifford fitted next week as was wondering if it's worth paying the extra 50.00 for Cliffnet.

Although all you really get is a data cable (probably RS232 with a strange connector at the alarm end))
Old 02 May 2001, 11:13 PM
tarmacterrorist
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I paid for the option. It does make fault finding easier & also allows you to play around with the order the tones are played when the alarm is sounding (which amkes your alarm sound different from everyone else).

Never used the diagnostic options as the alarm has been fault free since the installation.

It also helps with setting parameters of the alarm as you point & click opposed to fumbling with the valet code switch to set options. If you have the turbo timer option using the clifford you can also set the duration before the engine stops.

Basically it gives a lot of point-&-click functionality which makes things easier but having said all this I have yet to use it a second time.

Andy.
Old 03 May 2001, 08:53 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say it's worth it for one BIG reason...

You can disable/enable BlackJax using the valet switch with the appropriate code and PIN, but if you push a button one time to many, it's the code to clear all remotes from the alarm's memory...

I disable blackjax before taking the car in for a service, along with autolock. It saves hassle.

The Clifnet wizard is worth it for the simplicity. My dealer threw it in for free.

Nick.