Notices

Clifford Dual zone sensor adjusting

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2008, 08:49 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Clifford Dual zone sensor adjusting

Hi guys, been having a nightmare with my alarm phantom warning away in the night when windy. Its the Clifford 650x with Dual Zone sensors, after a lot of net searching I have found a guide for adjusting the sensor, I have rewritten this in proper English and it was a pain to find and what I found was written in American text speak (or maybe I'm getting old).

Hope this helps somebody.

Adjusting the dual zone sensor on a Clifford 650
(May work for other models)

1 Adjust the primary zone
a.Closeall the windows except the drivers make sure all the doors are closed and have the alarm deactivated.
b. Using the 5 button remote, press the Clifford button 3 times.
c. Press the * button the alarm should sound one chirp and the led light will come on. You are now ready to adjust the primary zone (Inside the car).
d. To increase the sensitivity press the trunk button on your remote transmitter (the alarm will emit a higher pitched chirp).
e. To decrease press the * button (the alarm chirp will decrease in pitch the alarm will sound two chirps if you reach the minimum setting).
f. To check your settings lean into the car, it should chirp when your head and both arms are inside the car, you can make it more sensitive but be ready for lots of false alarms.
g. Press the Lock/unlock button the alarm should chirp three times indicating you have exited programming mode.
2. Adjust the Warn away zone
a. Close all the windows, make sure all the doors are closed and have the alarm deactivated.
b. Using the 5 button remote, press the Clifford button 3 times.
c. Press the * button the alarm should sound one chirp and the led light will come on.
d. Press the** button.
e. Adjust the sensitivity as for the primary zone.
f. Keep walking away from the car and then standing close, looking in as a thief might. The alarm will chirp when it detects you, adjust the sensitivity as above until you are happy with the setting. (Again if you make it too sensitive be ready for lots of false alarms).
g. Press the Lock/unlock button the alarm should chirp twice indicating you have returned to the primary zone but do not adjust it.
h. Press the Lock/unlock button again the alarm should chirp three times indicating you have fully exited programming, open the door and then close it again and activate the alarm.
Old 03 October 2008, 10:59 PM
Matt578
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been wondering how to do this. Top post
Old 22 October 2008, 09:01 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post, my 650 has been a pain in windy conditions with the false alarms. So will adjust this on the weekend.

Great Post.