Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is it with this forum and abuse?

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2012, 12:04 PM
RICK...
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question What is it with this forum and abuse?

I've only been here a couple of months, I sit looking through threads looking at peoples cars etc and all I seem to come across is negative bulls**t.

WHY???

I mean what the **** is this all about:

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
i think it looks sh1te, but each too there own.

the car is everything that is wrong with subaru ownership at the moment, spend your money on tat and fit budget tyres.
That's just one example of about 10 out that thread alone. Infact probably one of the nicer posts he put.

Why on earth would you even say that about someones car? It's their pride and joy and although the modifications aren't to your taste why be so ******* horrible and rude about it? Then they wonder why the OP's get p*ssed off and throw abuse back, of course they're going to when you say their car looks sh*t!!!!

It also seems as though if you even try and give them some back you get the whole clique coming after you, hunting you down like a wolf pack.

Yes it's a public forum, yes people are entitled to their own opinions, but surely there should be a line between having an opinion and being abusive/rude.

What happened to the days where everyone enjoys each others cars and company regardless as to whether they are to our individual taste or not.

I'm awaiting the abuse I get for putting this up....

Last edited by RICK...; 18 June 2012 at 12:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 18 June 2012, 12:10 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as i wrote that thread heres my thinking on it.

if you post a pic and ask what people think then expect people post an opinion on it, not everyone will like it.
i personally hate graphics and thats my opinion others are different but i also cant see the logic behind fitting cheap tyres to a performance car and spending money on tat which could of been spent on better tyres etc.

its the internet dont let it upset you fella.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 18 June 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:15 PM
RICK...
Scooby Regular

Yeah obviously people have different opinions as i said above, but is there a need to cross the line to the point where it becomes abusive? I.E your car looks sh*t, you're a chav, you're the reason I want to sell my car etc etc.. there's just no need for it.

I don't like graphics either, but I won't sit there and give them abuse for it.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:15 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Problem is that there are several people on here that behave like teenage children.
You know - that "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" attitude
Old 18 June 2012, 12:16 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Youve got to be thick skinned matey, theres alot of retards out there and if you stick something up on a public forum, you open yourself up to comments from said retards! The trick is reading between these 10 retarded comments for the 1 that answer your question and wants to do you a favour.

"he who shouts loudest usually has the least to say".

Rise above it matey!

You are right though, the number of deeks on this forum does seem to be very rapidly drowning out the others.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:19 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Kwik
There are certain elements of your car which others including me wouldn't like. Have a look at the amount of replies compared to views and you'll have an idea who chose not to slate your car.
Unfortunately as it the internet and not "real" life people feel they can say what they damn well please. I'd imagine that's why some people are a little guarded about where they live .

Constructive criticism is one thing, "Its ****" is another.
but i dont care what others think of my car as i like it and as said before i live in kettering northants as i already proved to you and you got upset being proved a liar and saying you just drove by my house in crawley
Old 18 June 2012, 12:20 PM
RICK...
Scooby Regular

but i dont care what others think of my car as i like it and as said before i live in kettering northants as i already proved to you and you got upset being proved a liar and saying you just drove by my house in crawley
and there you go getting defensive straight away, why?
Old 18 June 2012, 12:23 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by RICK...
and there you go getting defensive straight away, why?
answering a question not being defensive, as said before i hate graphics but thats my opinion if yours is different post or dont post who cares, if it bothers you that much dont log on the internet.
its not as if i give my opinion on others cars in posts and dont post pics of mine up now is it??

Last edited by tubbytommy; 18 June 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:23 PM
RICK...
Scooby Regular

answering a question not being defensive, as said before i hate graphics but thats my opinion if yours is different post or dont post who cares, if it bothers you that much dont log on the internet.
the problem is you're probably sound as **** in person, but on here you feel the need to make other people feel like sh*t, all the time and money they've spent on the car just for people like you to put them straight down and make them feel like utter tw*ts.

Last edited by RICK...; 18 June 2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: missing a word
Old 18 June 2012, 12:26 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

the problem is you're probably sound as **** in person, but on here you feel the need to make other people feel like sh*t, all the time and money they've spent on the car just for people like you to put them straight down and make them feel like utter tw*ts.
i dont like graphics and lexus lights shoot me, its my opinion if you dont like my opinion then dont read it or ignore it,dont get all upset about it its not worth it its the internet.
its not like i dont get people making stories up and aiming them back at me like kwiks crawley story but hes not the only one but in reality who really cares???

Last edited by tubbytommy; 18 June 2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:29 PM
RICK...
Scooby Regular

i dont like graphics and lexus lights shoot me, its my opinion if you dont like my opinion then dont read it or ignore it,dont get all upset about it its not worth it its the internet.
i dont like them either. will i go and tell them their car looks sh*t or that they're a chav? No, because I have respect for people and respect the fact that it's their car and their choice to mod however they see fit. If they like it then that's all that matters.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:32 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Sticking a pic up or asking an opinion is part of this forum. Criticism is fine as long as its constructive and thought provoking. The comments made are often to cause offence, not to just not care if someone's offended, but literally to spark an arguement.

The only way to get at Troll's is to troll them yourself. Or in reality they should have been banned a long time ago.
so you think you should be banned as your a troll proven by your "i drove past your house in crawley" story??

i hate graphics is not a criticism as its my opinion, who cares what i think?? not many people i imagine, but do i care

no

and why

because its the internet.

im a subaru enthusiast, i like the cars, i go to meets, im a member of a local club we got to shows and have a great time.

just get on with enjoying your subaru and if you like graphics stick em on it

Last edited by tubbytommy; 18 June 2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:36 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Its a self-confidence issue. My mrs is a trained councillor, and you can't help but be analysed from time to time. Anyone who isn't happy enough to just get on with their life and understand others have a different taste, anyone who feels the need to act superior, especially when their car isn't actually that great and 2-a-penny has a major issue in their life.
Unloving parents, ignored or bored in their relationship, still living at home with Mummy and Daddy who knows.
Its obvious things just don't add up, that over the last day or so some cracks have started to show.
yawn, only cracks are in your crawley story as said before who cares its the internet.

amazing how most peoples come backs are,you live with your parents, never had a woman, to scared to go to shows or meets, dont really own a subaru, it never gets driven.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:37 PM
RICK...
Scooby Regular

i hate graphics is not a criticism as its my opinion, who cares what i think?? not many people i imagine, but do i care

no

and why

because its the internet.

im a subaru enthusiast, i like the cars, i go to meets, im a member of a local club we got to shows and have a great time.

just get on with enjoying your subaru and if you like graphics stick em on it
You keep saying 'i just give my opinion' but you DON'T just give your opinion, you start an all out war against it until the OP blows their top and ends up giving you abuse back!

Is it not possible to say you dislike something without giving them a bowl full of abuse?

You go to meets, shows etc and go up to someone and tell them their a chav and that their car looks sh*t ????

and dude why do you keep going on about that crawley thing, i have no idea what it's about but it sounds like you can't let it go !
Old 18 June 2012, 12:38 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

i dont like them either. will i go and tell them their car looks sh*t or that they're a chav? No, because I have respect for people and respect the fact that it's their car and their choice to mod however they see fit. If they like it then that's all that matters.
agreed but if you post a pic and ask what peoples opinions are,then you are expecting a response with peoples opinions.

my opinion being i think graphics look crap.

others like.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:39 PM
RICK...
Scooby Regular

agreed but if you post a pic and ask what peoples opinions are,then you are expecting a response with peoples opinions.

my opinion being i think graphics look crap.

others like.
you are expecting constructive responses, not abuse.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:40 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

You keep saying 'i just give my opinion' but you DON'T just give your opinion, you start an all out war against it until the OP blows their top and ends up giving you abuse back!

Is it not possible to say you dislike something without giving them a bowl full of abuse?

You go to meets, shows etc and go up to someone and tell them their a chav and that their car looks sh*t ????

and dude why do you keep going on about that crawley thing, i have no idea what it's about but it sounds like you can't let it go !
im not even going to bother with kwik and his crawley lies as people on this forum know me and have met me and i got to meets regularly with them so know i dont live in crawley and im sure at some point another member will tell you this.

man up its the internet, i like getting a rise out of people its funny
Old 18 June 2012, 12:40 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

I think what the OP is saying is that there is a certain way to word things not to cause offence or to be taken as aggressive so to speak.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:41 PM
RICK...
Scooby Regular

Upsetting people and making them feel like sh*t is funny?
Old 18 June 2012, 12:42 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by wrx287
I think what the OP is saying is that there is a certain way to word things not to cause offence or to be taken as aggressive so to speak.
possibly but we are not all the same, i have been here a long time and wont change so ignore me or block me i dont care, i wont get upset believe me
Old 18 June 2012, 12:43 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Upsetting people and making them feel like sh*t is funny?
read post above save me writing it again
Old 18 June 2012, 12:44 PM
RICK...
Scooby Regular

Instead of making friends you prefer to make enemies then. Fair enough
Old 18 June 2012, 12:45 PM
Will
BANNED

You have to excuse tommy as he is retarded!

Old 18 June 2012, 12:47 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your all ***** with chav mobiles stickers or not!!

And tommy is one of the biggest.

I wouldn't let it worry you mate, it's only the internet and it's full of ar$eholes with opinions that mean **** all, and TBH i think most of what folks like tommy say is just to get a bite and have some banter because it's a giggle and just a bit of entertainment when someones back is up, i'm sure even he gets bored of w4nking.
The following users liked this post:
Old 18 June 2012, 12:47 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

im not even going to bother with kwik and his crawley lies as people on this forum know me and have met me and i got to meets regularly with them so know i dont live in crawley and im sure at some point another member will tell you this.

I had a thread deleted on saturday due to your shrouded threats and comments. YOU are not adding anything constructive to this forum.

you are nothing but a bully.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:48 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Instead of making friends you prefer to make enemies then. Fair enough
friends/enemies

its an internet forum i have met lots of great people through forums,
namely the babs subaru lot who i got to meets and shows with (great day at pod yesterday) but others like the guys from peterborough who we had a meet with a few weeks ago.

dont get upset by peoples opinions who cares.

if its to much for you join another forum but they are all the same so maybe turn off your computer and never use the internet for fear of getting offended.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:51 PM
craigybaby
Scooby Regular

just take no notice mate unfortunatly most forums have keyboard warriors there is escaping it but i agree when u post a pic of your car you are bound to get criticism as everybody has different views about what looks good and what doesnt but i know what you mean there is a line that most people seem to cross cmon we're all adults and we are all into our cars seems a shame that there are a few people on here that choose to to be a bit abusive but it is a minority i'd say probs around 20% of people on here are like that but sometimes thats the way people are they speak they're mind i know a few friends like it but like i said just ignore it dont let it affect your opinion of your car cuz you can almost guarantee for every 1 or 2 negative posts there will be 8 or 9 positive
Old 18 June 2012, 12:51 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Nobody would walk round with the attitude of "I'll tell people exactly what i think" otherwise they'd be permanantly in hospital. Its purely because they can hide behind their keyboards.
or they could make up "i know where you live stories" these are a shrouded threat my friend
Old 18 June 2012, 12:52 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by craigybaby
just take no notice mate unfortunatly most forums have keyboard warriors there is escaping it but i agree when u post a pic of your car you are bound to get criticism as everybody has different views about what looks good and what doesnt but i know what you mean there is a line that most people seem to cross cmon we're all adults and we are all into our cars seems a shame that there are a few people on here that choose to to be a bit abusive but it is a minority i'd say probs around 20% of people on here are like that but sometimes thats the way people are they speak they're mind i know a few friends like it but like i said just ignore it dont let it affect your opinion of your car cuz you can almost guarantee for every 1 or 2 negative posts there will be 8 or 9 positive
a very sensible approach to internet forums
Old 18 June 2012, 12:52 PM
Will
BANNED

Quick Reply: What is it with this forum and abuse?