Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Buses ! pissin me right off

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2003, 03:23 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Im trying to get into town on a tight scheduel and wait for 20 ****in minutes for a bus which should come every 8mins!!!

then i have to wait 25mins to catch the bus back because i missed my appointment.
Old 08 July 2003, 03:28 PM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Angry

I lost all faith in public transport, ever since due to 'staff shortages' (I'm sorry, my problem how???) they cut the bus rout ethat ran past my house down from 4 buses an hour to just 2 - if you were lucky (waited 35 mins for a bus once - in the rain), and that's until up till about 6pm at which point it is one bus an hour.
Old 08 July 2003, 05:18 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Took me three and a half hours to go 12 miles here once,I know how you feel!

Les
Old 08 July 2003, 05:56 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
I'm going to come in from a different angle. In certain parts of London where they used to have bays for buses to pull into to pick up passengers, its been made into pavement so that the bus now holds up traffic whilst stationary. This really does add to congestion and apparently is to give the bus the right of way so that it is not hindered when trying to pull out of the bay. All it does do is **** off other road users, and fuels antagonism towards buses in other parts of London. This attitude is so short sighted its untrue. Not only does it add congestion and pollution in busy periods but if they really think that a bus that can now do a route a few minutes quicker is going to perswade a vast majority of non bus users back on them in droves (in the rush hour when punctuality is of high importance) then they really have got their heads stuck up Kens ****. All this does is slow traffic at key moments of the day.

Old 08 July 2003, 06:15 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

After 6 years of comutting by train between Northampton and London it all comes to an end Thursday of next week when I quit my job to start a new life in Devon with my girl. I've tried so hard to be understanding of the issues the railways have after years of neglect, but as for the rudeness and 'couldn't give a toss' attitude of so many rail staff well, it stinks of crappy management and low moral.
Who knows maybe I'll try trains again in about 10 years....
But I doubt it.
Old 08 July 2003, 07:14 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

About the Bus stops being built out it is a brillant idea and works for TFL on two fronts one it speeds the bus up as the queue/jam is behind the bus not in front of it (Faster traffic can't over take so what is in front pulls away leaving shorter queues at junctions!) and Two the car drivers journey is slower therefore according to TFL theory persuading car drivers to use Public transport! This is the same theory they use as the reason for Bus lanes.

As to if i agree with it NO! But i drive in london as part of my job and my working day gets longer due to these tactic's from TFL with no more money.
Old 08 July 2003, 09:26 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I if I wanted to go to work on a bus I'd have to walk 1/2 a mile to the bus stop (actual distance, no p*ss taking, then go into town, swap buses, go back out of the other side of town, get off the bus and walk another 1/2 mile to the office. It would cost about £9 per day and take at least 2 - 3 hours per day!

Alternatively, I go in the car, take a direct route, spend about 1/2 an hour per day travelling for next to **** all Plus I don't have to walk in the rain or share a bus with disease ridden maniacs AND I can nip into town for my lunch AND I bet my car could run for a year off the fumes from the fooked old buses we have here

It'll be a sad day when I get on a bus again
Old 09 July 2003, 10:09 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Public transport in this country is just an utter disgrace - no wonder no one can be bothered with it and drive.............
Old 09 July 2003, 11:17 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Adrian, I understand the reasons behind it but in reality
all it has done is wasted yet more money that could have been invested elsewhere.

For example using the money to invest in more placement of intellegent traffic lights that adapt to congestion would speed that bus up any how AND other road users too.
Old 10 July 2003, 12:13 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Hope you found a good spot in Devon Andrew. I think you will soon agree that you are well out of it. We have never regretted coming here to live.

Les
Old 10 July 2003, 02:07 PM
WISHING
Scooby Regular

Lifes loosers drive buses ! Well Kent Bus drivers !
I hate bus drivers.