Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Covid Saga

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2020, 04:32 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Covid Saga

What a huge mess this Covid malarkey is...

My son started school last Monday and my daughter Monday just gone.
Tuesday night my daughter (3years old) woke up screaming and took forever to settle. Wednesday she woke up with a runny nose but the pre schools own guidelines say she can attend. We took her Wednesday and a call at mid day saying she won't stop crying and although she doesn't have a temp can we collect her to sooth her.

We put it down to 6 months at home and then full time school she may be missing home.

Thursday she has a mild temp (yellow on the thermometer 38.3c) No cough, eating and acting normal all best a little tired.

Call her preschool to say we are keeping her home as a precaution and they bounced back saying as she has a covid symptom she can not come back for 14 days unless she is gets a negative covid test.

Here is the nightmare. The test station in mk is empty. No one queuing. I go through the website to be told there are no home kits and no kits in mk.

Our only option is to drive 85 miles one way to get her tested and we will need to book that tomorrow as it,'s too late now.
In the meantime our son has to stay at home to prevent him possibly having it and infecting his school.

I don't mind having to test to see if she has it but by the time we are able to test we may as well just isolate for 14 days to save the hassle.

Old 17 September 2020, 05:01 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

😢 I hope your little one’s gonna be ok pal 🤲🤞👍

its all a real mess 😢
Old 17 September 2020, 05:05 PM
Danjo
Scooby Regular

Received 226 Likes on 128 Posts

Just had exactly the same scenario. My youngest developed a temp over 38 degrees two days ago so tried to book him a test in Northampton. Oh dint find any, even tried going to the (empty) test centre but got turned away. Eventually managed to get one sent to us, which came yesterday. We have all been self isolating for the last three days, hoping to get the results back tomorrow so we can return to normal. Little man seems much better now so sure it’s not Covid, but can’t be too sure nowadays and had the same thing with school.
The following users liked this post:
Old 18 September 2020, 07:43 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Needs to be merged into Covid thread

Hope all ok
Old 18 September 2020, 10:13 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti1
Needs to be merged into Covid thread

Hope all ok
wasn't sure there was one.
Old 18 September 2020, 10:16 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Two friends kids have been back at school(different schools) one week and they have both had a Pos test . .
214 mile round trip to Bolton for the nearest tests, We are notts/derbyshire boarder lol
Old 18 September 2020, 10:19 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

we managed to get a test for today in Kettering so 32miles one way better than the 85.

Mk drive thru places are empty but there's no point kicking a stink up.

The huge positive is that lastnight her runny nose has gone to thick green mucus which isn't a covid sympton.
I put a post on fb asking and it turns out loads of people I know have colds - kind of wish I knew this sooner as I was assuming the worst.

Old 18 September 2020, 10:24 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

This is what the prime minister meant by a "world beating test and trace system"! You have to wait longer and travel further to get a test and there is no hope of tracing the source of an infection! They are world beating at making the worst test and trace system in the world!
Old 18 September 2020, 11:07 AM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Boris can say anything he like cos the majoirty handed to him by Indignate halfwits who decided they were being denied brexit !!!
Old 18 September 2020, 11:08 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
This is what the prime minister meant by a "world beating test and trace system"! You have to wait longer and travel further to get a test and there is no hope of tracing the source of an infection! They are world beating at making the worst test and trace system in the world!
I think the problem is people are getting test when they have no symptoms and I belive a certain super market wrre testing all staff weekly.
Old 18 September 2020, 11:22 AM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby
Boris can say anything he like cos the majoirty handed to him by Indignate halfwits who decided they were being denied brexit !!!
The current rise in cases is young people getting old people back for denying them their future
Old 18 September 2020, 11:50 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
I think the problem is people are getting test when they have no symptoms and I belive a certain super market wrre testing all staff weekly.
The current problem seems to be a lack of testing kits rather than the ability to process the results. So basically they have failed to prepare for a second wave by stockpiling enough testing kits. But who could have predicted a second wave when they opened the pubs up and don't require people to wear masks in public places?

Germany is testing at airports and borders and anyone can get a test at any time with or without symptoms! How can that be possible in Germany yet in the UK people are having to travel 85 miles to get a test if they are lucky?
Old 18 September 2020, 01:54 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
wasn't sure there was one.
Yeah. 1000 views.
Old 19 September 2020, 10:05 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti1
Yeah. 1000 views.
thats about the virus as a whole though.
I don't care for how the world is controlling it or who said what politics.
I just wanted my own personal thread of my experience.
Old 19 September 2020, 12:54 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

It is borderline criminal negligent how the government make you travel 240km round trip for a soddin test through their lack of preparedness.
Old 22 September 2020, 10:55 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Well the good news is my daughter doesn't have it.
our friend got her family tested on the same day as her husband has had a persistent cough for a few days. They were all negative except their 2yr old son who I can only imagine caught it at his nursery.
His only symptom is a runny nose which isn't a symptom apparently. Still, 14 days isolation for them.
Old 30 September 2020, 10:23 AM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

With nippers is it that the Covid virus can't easily penetrate their molecules or something?

The Facebook conspiracists are leading us straight back to lockdown, nearly every customer I meet believes it's all faked or just the common cold. I dunno.
Old 30 September 2020, 11:25 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
With nippers is it that the Covid virus can't easily penetrate their molecules or something?

The Facebook conspiracists are leading us straight back to lockdown, nearly every customer I meet believes it's all faked or just the common cold. I dunno.
They simply don't know why younger people are less affected than older people. Anyone claiming otherwise is just making **** up!
There are many diseases that affect different ages differently, so its not unprecedented for different age groups to be more or less susceptible.
There is a clear spike in the underlying mortality rates, so the idea that its all faked is also complete bs. You can also see the spike in deaths is smaller for countries that have taken stronger action compared to those who have done less, so it is very clear that lockdown measures work to reduce the number of deaths.
What is not clear is really how many deaths there would be if we did absolutely nothing and if the measures we take along with their social and economic damage is justifiable against the number of deaths directly caused by the disease, although in cases like Italy and Spain where hospitals are overflowing with people dyeing in the corridors are certainly not politically acceptable!