Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Gtech....

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2016, 11:33 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gtech....

Who buys this? First it was the vacuum which my partners Dad has and it's crap compared to my cordless Dyson. I've seen an advert for the Gtech hedge trimmer and branch cutter; it looks utterly crap. I expect the only thing it could cut is the stem of a leaf when "trimming" a hedge and the branch cutter looks like a toy angle grinder. Now I've just seen an advert for a Gtech bike! I suppose they must be doing fairly well to churn out all this stuff. I expect their battery powered hedge trimmer wouldn't last a day put use to real work on a farm
Old 20 August 2016, 01:29 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

The guy in the ad , not exactly charasmatic is he ?

I like the bit on screen , quoting Which Magazine or something. It says "could this be the best cordless vacuum ever ?". . .
For all we know the next line is " no , it's pretty crap"
Old 21 August 2016, 08:50 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

The fact they call their floor sweeper a vacuum says it all:

It has no suction so it's not a vacuum. It just sweeps...like a motorised version of a Leifheit sweeper that your gran probably had (if you can remember them). So it's not going to suck up really small particles like dust mite feaces, dead skin or pollen etc. Something that you'd rather not have in your carpet.

However I could say the same for vacuum cleaners that have no beater brush; The rotating brush-if designed right should "beat" the dust out of the carpet in order for the vacuum to suck it up. Hence why I say most cylinder vacs without a rotating brush head (base model Henry etc) are no good for cleaning carpet either.

Last edited by ALi-B; 21 August 2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 21 August 2016, 09:38 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cordless Dyson is OK for carpets and in the 5 minute boost mode it's pretty good. I've borrowed my parents Kirby on a few occassions when they've been on holiday to do a really proper job of all the carpets, upstairs and down. That literally vibrates the carpets... Luckily most of my ground floor is hard floor.
Old 21 August 2016, 12:38 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tbese gtechs are rubbish. Im a courier driver n deliver hundreds of these and im always recollecting the same ones after a couples weeks as they pack in. Only pro is they come with two yr warranty. Wouldn't recommend these to anyone
Old 22 August 2016, 06:06 PM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you've already got the 5AH battery and appropriate charger, the Makita DCL180Z 18V cordless vacuum at £32.99 from Amazon is surprisingly good. I've got one in my van, and one at home.

Note that most of the poor Amazon reviews are from people who thought their £32.99 got them the £85 battery and £50 charger too, in spite of the very clear statement that it didn't!
Old 24 August 2016, 10:48 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
The fact they call their floor sweeper a vacuum says it all:

It has no suction so it's not a vacuum. It just sweeps...like a motorised version of a Leifheit sweeper that your gran probably had (if you can remember them). So it's not going to suck up really small particles like dust mite feaces, dead skin or pollen etc. Something that you'd rather not have in your carpet.

However I could say the same for vacuum cleaners that have no beater brush; The rotating brush-if designed right should "beat" the dust out of the carpet in order for the vacuum to suck it up. Hence why I say most cylinder vacs without a rotating brush head (base model Henry etc) are no good for cleaning carpet either.
I agree with the 'beater brush'

We had a henry years ago, it broke and I borrowed my mums Kirby for the day. What a difference a beater bar makes on a vacuum
Old 09 September 2016, 05:01 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

We have the original Gtech,while I agree it's not the best Hoover/sweeper it does a good job at removing the visible bits on the carpet and a cracking job on the lino.
We do have a proper Hoover but I always use the Gtech,that way I can give it a quick sweep and nip down to the pub before our lass gets home
Everyone's a winner