Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

P Zero Nero's or F1's

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2004, 05:36 PM
Pastor
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P Zero Nero's or F1's

Practically the same price, which will be the best all round tyre?

Have been using the Goodyears and found the sidewalls flex a bit when pushing on, nothing major, just not as sharp as some others I've tried. Awesome in the wet though. What are the P Zero's like?
Old 06 October 2004, 08:26 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

What about Toyo Proxes? Not tried them on my Scoob. They transformed the traction in a T5 Volvo I had and are highly regaded . I preferred them to the F1's particularly in the wet.
Old 07 October 2004, 10:48 AM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

From what I've read and experienced, P Zero's are superb in the dry, but naff in the wet. Go with the GSD3 F1's, that's what others seem to say.
Old 07 October 2004, 11:43 AM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Smile

P Zero's and P Z Nero's are Totally different Tyres, Nero;s were launched back in early 2003 so cannot be compared to P Z's of years ago.

Regards

John

Last edited by DBY; 10 October 2004 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07 October 2004, 11:49 AM
Pastor
BANNED

so what are the zero neros like then?
Old 07 October 2004, 12:12 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Smile

Pastor I have had two sets now, 225/40 18's on Prodrive Bright Flitter wheels, My car is not standard as I have God Speed big brake kit front and rear, White line Antie lift kit, solid rear drop links, up rated rear anti roll bar and mounts along with Prodrive lowered spring kit. So as you can see I like my car to handle reasonably well, the Nero's cling on very well in the wet and I have total confidence in them with little or no understeer,.In the dry they give very good feedback through the steering and do not squirm about under hard cornering, I get about 12000 miles out of the tyres before they need changing so hope this helps you.

Regards

John

WRX 03 PPP
Old 07 October 2004, 12:26 PM
Pastor
BANNED

Thanks John,
The P Zero Nero's are coming in at the same cost as the F1's, now I've read your comments I'll give them a go, although 12K miles is a bit down on my last set of F1's which lasted 18K miles!

Trending Topics

Old 07 October 2004, 01:11 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Smile

Pastor no problems, as regards wear they could probobly go another 2000 miles before changing, if needs must.

Regards

John
Old 08 October 2004, 06:37 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pastor
Thanks John,
The P Zero Nero's are coming in at the same cost as the F1's, now I've read your comments I'll give them a go, although 12K miles is a bit down on my last set of F1's which lasted 18K miles!
sorry to hijack your thread mate, but i'm looking at these two tyre types aswell and wear rates is a bit of an issue.
heard F1's wear out at an alarming rate, the 18k you got from yours, were they on a scooby? and if so how may miles were in anger approx?

18k sounds excellent, it sounded like i'd be looking at 8k from the F1's according to other threads

ta
Old 08 October 2004, 08:12 PM
Pastor
BANNED

On my MY96 Impreza Turbo:18K all round for the F1's though the fronts were probably illegal at 16K and the rear are now down at the limit (19K miles).

According to my girlfriend the reason they wore out "so quickly" is my hard driving. In reality I'd say I get tyre squeal about 5% of the time. The rest were hard driven A road miles with a few Mway inbetween. Was well impressed with the life of the F1's though I imagine if you do 7K of qualifying style driving on them they'd be worn out as they are not the hardest compound I've ever used.
Old 08 October 2004, 08:59 PM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pastor
Practically the same price, which will be the best all round tyre?

Have been using the Goodyears and found the sidewalls flex a bit when pushing on, nothing major, just not as sharp as some others I've tried. Awesome in the wet though. What are the P Zero's like?
Tried all tyres mentioned on this thread over the last 2 years and my thoughts are below:

1. Bridge RE040- very good and last a decent amount of time - not the grippiest though

2. Toyo - used these on both my TVR and the sti and i like them, would have got them again this time but could not find any Quick enough. Managed to only get 6k miles out of a set of these on the scoob, but this did include a very fast and heavy track day..:-)

3. F1's - current tyre - good quite impressed. Wasnt expecting them to be as good as the pirellis or toyos but they exceeded my expectations - so far have done 4k miles on them and will consider them again.

4. P Zeros - my pers. fav IMHO these are the best tyre - i like these but they dont last very long, so are expensive if you do lots of miles.. Pirellis never last long but IMHO are always the grippiest.

others to consider.. Avons - not a top brand but good value and offer a decent level of performance.

J
Old 08 October 2004, 10:00 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

I'd go with the F1s, or maybe try the new Toyo T1-R. Not a massive fan of the T1-s but I've heard the R is much better.

I haven't driven on the P Zero Neros, as I've had most of my major moments on Pirelli's and Michelins That's just personal preference though...
Old 10 October 2004, 04:50 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

F1's are fantastic, great grip in the wet. They may be a tad noisy but the firestorm dims that . However, I have covered 22k in mine since new, changing back to front on services helps longevity and will be looking to replace with........aother set of F1's in the near future (2-4k).

I have to admit though that 22k is drivin like a granny (Rally Wales excepted......ahhhh the Brecon Becons)

Rup
Old 10 October 2004, 06:17 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Have T1-Rs on my car now ......v impressive in the wet at over 100mph +
Old 10 October 2004, 10:20 PM
terryb
Scooby Regular

My p-zero assimetricos (225 35 18) on the P1 have lasted well. The rears have done over 20k miles and have just been put on the front - with plenty of tread left. The fronts have probably only done 10k miles and were recently moved to the back due to wear on outer edges (too many fast corners). All in all I would highly trecommend them, but I believe it will have to be P zero Nero's next time as P Zero Assimetrico's have finished production.

I did a track day in them recently too and they behaved very well.
Old 12 October 2004, 04:29 PM
killa
Scooby Regular

Smile P Zero's

HI there sorry to but in but i need some new tyres and have seen some p zero nero's for around the 200 mark also i was considering the bridgestones f1's any ideas on where to go for some at a decent price or any other good tyres that are available.Thanks