Notices

newbie from swansea

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2007, 12:59 PM
slaturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie from swansea

hello everyone. I recently sold my mr2 turbo, and i am off hunting for a scooby saloon turbo next week, i know the basics but was wondering what else i should be looking out for, my budget is £3K and ive found quite afew under and upto that price. im not to keen on buying through ebay unless i view first but autotrader is looking promising. any advice etc would be appreciated, thanks in advance, also are there regular meets etc ?
Old 09 November 2007, 01:12 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Hey there. I bought my scoob from a place called emerald car sales.. well actualy their garage in skewen, but tis the same bloke. Usually has a stock of 3 or so scoobies. He is on Llansamlet road by the petrol station.

Loads about. Happy hunting
Old 09 November 2007, 05:22 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

If your buying an import (Which have more power and better specs but cost more to insure) then check whether it's been mapped to Uk Fuels (Apexi or piggyback ECU) or run on super unleaded and octane booster, these cars need the good stuff, Shell v Power or Tescos 99,

If it's a Uk car then fuel is not an issue, it will run all day long on 95 ron fuel but your still better off running a better grade fuel.

I guess your looking at an early car, check the cambelt has been done, 45K and 90K, before buying check which service is next as some are quite expensive, ie: no change from £500!!!!!

rust normally isn't a problem but you can get some on the roof near the front and rear screens.

Try and buy as young model as possible as the later classics came with better brakes (4 Pot), gear box's, plus the seats are nicer.
Old 09 November 2007, 08:28 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also buget for some work to be done, service etc cos at 3k its not going to be perfect and scoobs can cost a wee bit to put right.
Dont forget to get an insurance quote first otherwise you could have a nasty suprise if your a youngster or have a points history. Mind you if you have had a MR2 torbo then you should be ok.

Good luck finding the right one and dont forget to tell us all about it when you do

BTW welcome to the forum

Last edited by KJD Mk1; 09 November 2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09 November 2007, 09:04 PM
WRX RCY
Scooby Regular

Regarding the meets you asked about, there is the main 'South Wales scoobys' meet which is held monthly on a thursday mid month (there's a thread for one up this month) This is held in Cardiff at the Toby Carvery, very good meet and you'll get plenty of tips and advice on your car.

Also there is a swansea meet which is just a couple of lads who meet on the last sunday of the month at the Liberty Stadium. ( thread will be post in the next couple of weeks)

Hope that helps and we'll look forward to seeing you.

Gem
Old 11 November 2007, 04:30 PM
drive
Scooby Regular

hi m8 join team osaka there a company in there 16,17,18's they have one for sale hang on a sec

Japanese Performance in Wales :: View topic - Subaru impreza WRX

try that m8

you may have to join the site dont worry its FREE

CERI
Old 11 November 2007, 05:38 PM
drive
Scooby Regular

Japanese Performance in Wales :: View topic - 16s17s18s Contact details
Old 11 November 2007, 11:17 PM
Deano_P1
Scooby Regular

There is a Terzo for sale ive seen around cimla in neath.

Not sure the price though