When?
what?

any info? worth the wait?

mail me or post
Old 04 April 2002, 01:59 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a lot of speculation regarding a 5th generation of product (G5) and rumours are flying around all the time. If and when Clifford/DEI decide to update the current range it will probably be in the new year of '03. As far as I'm able to find out through Clifford UK, specs will be similar and probably price points too, except things like ECU's and sirens may become smaller and programming may also be adapted so that all the DEI dealers in the States can use their DEI programmers as well as the traditional CliffNet Wizard which runs on Windows.

As I mentioned, this is all speculation as there is not yet any official line on the procedings even at Clifford UK, so please don't quote what I've mentioned above.
Old 04 April 2002, 11:09 PM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

in your opinion will they have worked out some of the reliability issues mentioned on this board?
Old 04 April 2002, 11:22 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

WHAT reliability issues?!
Old 05 April 2002, 06:11 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

That's one person's post, on an alarm that's several years old now (not even G4!) and things do go wrong with any system.

Haven't heard about many problems with Concept 600s recently. IMHO Cliffords are the dog's danglies and most problems are usually caused by the installation (there's a reason most good clifford dealers don't discount and that's because they take so bloody long to fit!)

That said, the Sigmas fitted to most new Scoobs are also pretty reliable - just don't have as many bells and whistles - is BlackJax still considered as such on a scoob, or is it on the 'must have' list yet?!
Old 05 April 2002, 10:28 PM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

have you ever examined how well it is built? i heard that inside they are quite flimsy? Obviously taking your alarm apart is not a usual thing but if it isnt well made then problems are more likely. I heard someone say that certain other systems seem more robust.

We all know that a lot of scoobs take plenty of punishment with shocks and vibration more than most 'normal' cars. If it shakes the internals of the alarm to bits then it is not much good. Personally I would want the toughest possible. I must admit that my next alarm will definately be a clifford, just want to be sure it can handle my driving!
Old 05 April 2002, 10:57 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

If you're unsure about their ability to handle 'knocks' you'll be pleased to know that the blackjax kicked in after the marshalls turned the ignition off/on so that my Concept 600 was quite happily screaming blue murder while being towed back to the pits at Donington after I'd done this to it.
Old 06 April 2002, 07:17 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Question

Kryten, did you ever get round to putting the footage up?
Old 04 May 2002, 12:58 AM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

Perhaps i didn't word it correctly. Firstly posts like http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=80501

and there have been other people complaining about how cliffords have stuffed up. I am not saying it is true, just that I have seen many clifford things on here and in other places.

I have also heard that they are not proper sealed units and there is plenty of room for improvement in the engineering of the units. It is all hearsay from these boards.

[Edited by Eagle7 - 4/5/2002 1:02:48 AM]
Old 04 June 2002, 01:39 AM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

Ouch mate! i guess that is a fairly good acid test!! What you driving now?

What happened as regards insurance in this situation?

[Edited by Eagle7 - 4/6/2002 1:40:03 AM]