Newbie to be with introduction

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2010, 01:12 PM
Johnny Deviant
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie to be with introduction

Greetings all!

I own an 03 Impreza Wrx Wagon, my pride and joy, nicknamed 'Blooreguard Q. Kazoo' a.k.a 'Bloo', subtly "borrowed" from 'Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends' and yes, the car is Blue!

Car was purchased privately in Cyprus in 2007, with my MGF Roadster given in as a PX. EU spec with full dealership history, with genuine low mileage, it was mint and a no brainer decision.

In March 2009, the missus and I pretty much grew sick of the upward spiralling cost of living, the coffee shop lifestyle and cultural backwardness of what can only be described as a concrete jungle of a country. We've since headed to the country side and now live in a small village literally just outside York. No regrets to report a year later.

Bloo unfortunately stayed behind. As it was purchased through a bank on a finance agreement, and still owing some money, they refused to allow me to export. So the plan was to sell, having advertised the car everywhere and anywhere. Lots of interest in it mostly from tyre kickers and acne-ridden test pilots, plus the market in Cyprus has gone ****-up, people asking ridiculous prices for used cars and talk about a dodgy import culture, but that’s a story best left for another day!

And here we are, it's May 2010, and Bloo has not sold. Have to admit, I never wanted to sell as I've never driven a car like a Subaru before and never will. All being well, our debt to the bank will be covered in full by August at the earliest, worst case scenario by the end of the year. Finances can be unpredictable!

Here are some pictures. She's totally stock (for now) but not for long... No doubt I'll be bugging you a little over the coming months, just to make sure I tick all the right boxes. Loads of information on here so already sussed out a reliable garage in the vicinity. Need to sort tracker and alarm out too, but there's time for that!

Also included a picture of my other pride and joy, call it a sample of what's to come for my Scooby...

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...t/DSCN0084.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...t/DSCN0082.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...t/P3200749.jpg

JD

Last edited by Johnny Deviant; 18 May 2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 18 May 2010, 01:28 PM
scooby546
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome nice clean looking scoob you've got there, I wouldn't be unhappy about having to keep that either - nice bike too

Plenty of advice on here about mods etc.