Sponsored by:

Scooby Ownership - Will I get BORED?

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2001, 05:18 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

I fully intend to own a scooby by Feb next year Having scanned this site for a while now can't quite make me mind up as to which one - STi import, WRX, Rb5 or new style - 4 door or wagon decisions decisions!!!!

I suppose there will be a few ideas posted here

Anyway to my post -

I currently drive a veccy Sri (no too bad an introduction to performance driving) but I now want to progress to probably one of the best (if not the best ) 4 door saloons on the planet! will I get bored? The reason I ask this is at the moment i can hav some good fun having the odd battle with XR3/2's, 1.8/2lt beemers and the like, this type of car (performance wise) are quite common, but when the scooby comes fair opposition will be few and far between .

Come on guys & gals, I need some reassurance

Here's a laugh, today the missus asked me why I wanted to get a scooby...My reply - Have you got an hour to spare!!! (silly woman )
Old 16 June 2001, 06:28 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve,

Any Scooby you get will make you smile from ear to ear. A standard turbo does 0-60 in 5.5secs, and has plenty of torque. As soon as you go up models or spend money it gets better and better.

As for competiition, just think of the fun times when you see cars like,

Audi TT
BMW M3
Ford Cosworths (some ???)
Honda Accord Type R
Lotus Elise
Mitsubushi EVO (if u got the right Scooby)
Porsche (Bring them on)
TVR's

and best of all
Other Scoobys

J

Old 16 June 2001, 06:54 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Cool

Steve, I don't think that dear wife of yours batters you round the ear enough, Beleive me mate you WILL never get bored with a Scoob cos their is always some nutter who wants to take you on, mainly little boys in their XR3's or 2's....It's a great larf to see them spin their front wheels and get nowhere whilst your merrily wetting your self has you pull away from them, anyhow why wait till next year????......GO GET ONE NOW
Cheers
Colin
Old 16 June 2001, 07:19 PM
Rogerscoo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Steve,
No worries, I have covered 23k in MY00 turbo and still enjoy just going out for a drive. Most definitely the best drivers car I have had so far, and I still enjoy going out for a drive just for the fun..

The biggest problem I have is having the car at the weekends, as my wife has also got a taste for it.. and she also started by making a very similar comment to your misses… so beware!
Old 17 June 2001, 08:17 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

If competition is your worry - don't, there are plenty of other cars that will give a standard UK turbo a run for its money - don't beleive the hype that from standstill you will beat everything else, and mid range you lose the AWD advantage even an STi isn't invincible (though closer to it ).

As with all performance cars, you will get used to the performance, hitting 60 in just over 4 secs will become nothing special. BUT you won't get bored, especailly with so much to be done to the car. In 16 months of ownership, not a month went by without me doing something to it

The biggest problem is the quest for 'More'
Old 17 June 2001, 09:19 AM
bren simpson
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ScoobySnack:
<B>Steve,

As for competiition, just think of the fun times when you see cars like,

Ford Cosworths (some ???)

J

[/quote]

Aye, its only the standard Cossy that you stand a chance against. Stay clear of anything with a stage 1 chip onwards. Especially from 70mph upwards!!!

Bren

Old 17 June 2001, 02:56 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Cheers guys for the comments just checked in as i can only go on-line if i call into work

Scoob99 - GET ONE NOW (i wish)!!! the scoob will be a direct company car replacement and the contract hire on my current car does not run out til Feb next year

til then i will just have to arrange some test drives. already been out in an uprated Evo 5 (just for comparison you understand ) did'nt stop grining for a week!! a mate of mine has promised a run out in his Skyline, that should be fun, but when it comes down to it the scoobys the only choice for me

until then i will just have to keep a good look out in the rear view mirror for any scoobs coming and get out of the way QUICK!