ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Please read and respond.

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2001, 03:28 PM
Scruff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This is getting out of hand. Paul Mc Loughlin who frequents this board under the name of Macs Power ( he tells me he doesn't read it) has been having these problems as you will read below. We want to approach the Gardai (Irish Police force) with as many replies to this ever increasing problem. Please reply and air your greviences and we will forward this petition? to them to try and increase awareness of the problem of high performance car ownership.BTW this could also be used to approach the British Police.

I guess things can only get better...............

I'll start in reverse order. I've just returned from the dentist's after
getting a root canal filling!!!!!! Numb as hell right now......

About 3.30 am I was awoken by my dog barking. I checked all the windows and
looked around and told the "stupid dog to be quiet.

He continued barking and at 3.45 I went downstairs and met with 3 scumbags
trying to get through my back door.
I'm fed up of this at this stage. I frightened them off calling them all
sorts of names.Told them I'd kill them if they came back.

It got quite nasty and they said they would be back for my car and my life.
Thats 3 times in 3 weeks now!!!!!

What do you do. ????

The only thing is that I have them quite clearly on video camera and I'm
still waiting on the Guards to come!!!!!
Do they really want to catch them I wonder??????

Paul.

Next story.....

I'm at my wits end with this. 5 am again last night. 3 Towrags trying to get
into my house !!!!!!!!

Again I'm told by the gardai "well it's your car they are after" "If I was
you I'd get rid of it".

I sold my honda blackbird yesterday :-( because of the trouble but I'm
reluctant to give in this time with my scooby...

Only for being so security consious they would have got in. I lock
everything down each night and have barred my back door glass and bought a
new monitered alarm system and now have a new scooby alarm that also sets
off my house alarm if my car alarm goes off. I think I'm going to get a
proximity alarm for my front and back of my house set just high enough to
avoid cats etc......

Opinions?

Paul.
BTW Yes I am moving but cirsumstances say it will be 6 months.

As if Paul didn't have enough problems he had his last scooby stolen at gunpoint last year and he has seen it around Dublin and it has also been used in numerous armed robberies.

Old 14 February 2001, 03:40 PM
Richard F
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

**** man, that's bad.

Nothing to say really - it seems the police aren't gonna be much help. To be honest I'd get rid of the car if I was getting that much grief. It really p1sses me off that you have to think like that because some lazy tw@t can't be bothered to get off their @rse and sort their own life out but I'm afraid that's how it seems to be.

All the best to your mate...
Old 14 February 2001, 03:46 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I'm loathe to say it, but whats more important? His life (and any others he lives with) or the Scooby?
If it was me, I would say bye bye to Scooby, at least until he moves.

It isn't a fair society we live in, sometimes we just have to accept defeat and move on.

Sorry if this sounds pessimistic, but I believe its the only sensible option.
Cem
Old 14 February 2001, 03:51 PM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

Talking

Is there nothing legally you can do to scare them off??

Like showering a load of dog ****e over their heads or buying a pistol with starting caps rather than bullets??

On the other hand, sad though it may seem can you sell and once you have moved re-purchase? Or simply put the car in a lock up somewhere and purchase an old banger for a wee while??

It sounds bloody shocking, I just hope everything works out ok for you.

Jamie
Old 14 February 2001, 03:56 PM
robski
Scooby Regular

Angry

Has he got a window over the back door?

maybe a whoops, didnt mean to drop that dumbell out of the window may help , think of homealone!

in all seriousness I would sell the car.

scum thats what they are. You would think that they would want to catch this type of crim!

maybe, and heres a cunning plan, he should have a mate in a car ready to get chased for speeding, straight round to your mates so that they can catch the crims

oh bugger, flaw in plan, mate will probably go down for life for speeding, crims will get 100 hours community service working at a lock smiths who can teach them how to break locks.

robski
Old 14 February 2001, 04:06 PM
bobn3
Scooby Regular

I live in the Dublin, I don't have a scooby anymore... that might change in a few weeks :-)

Anyway, I just moved into a new apartment and I was only there a week when my car got broken into.. they can't get it start so they thrashed instead.

I went to the Gardai, to report and they were helpful etc.. here's the funny bit, they asked me my address....

I live right behind the Gardai station :-)

Old 14 February 2001, 04:06 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

I agree with Cem and Richard, selling the car is the only sensible course of action. It all comes down to grief vs reward, and this situation seems very heavily tilted towards (lots of) grief. If a move is on the cards anyway, then at least there's the possibility of another scoob to look forward too in the very near future?

If your mate is more of the fighting type, then getting a few mates/relatives to stay round his place for a week or two, and take some more direct action next time they come round MAY sort it out, depending on the type of scumbag you're dealing with. But it may just mean he gets an even bigger beating, complete with house and car torched a week later, or (more probably) being banged up for assault. It's not an option I'd seriously consider.

Another idea may be to escalate the problem to senior ranking officers within the police force. If they continue to do nothing, then try naming and shaming the police officers, by getting your MPs and maybe some local newspapers involved?

Anyway, all the best to your friend,

Gary.
Old 14 February 2001, 04:28 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

What a nightmare....wish there was something I could do to help. The Gardai's attitude sucks and I know I'd be pulling my hair out but I have to say....Let them take the car.

I know about insurance and pride and everything else but when it comes down to it, it's just a car ( never thought I'd say that about a Scooby)

Sorry mate.

Mike
Old 14 February 2001, 04:36 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Red face

You've made every attempt to get the Garda to help.

You're in fear of your life.

Shotgun the f*ckers.

- Edited to add my father's comment (A Police constable).

"Let them get into the house, a nice confined hallway would be good, then use the shotgun"

[This message has been edited by Squizz (edited 14 February 2001).]
Old 14 February 2001, 07:29 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

I have been doing a bit of thinking, since the recent "surge" in posts about scum breaking into houses for Scooby keys!

Can you (legally) buy exploding dye capsules? Something that would spray potential burglars or attackers with a very persistant, flourescent and possibly luminous ink? Non-toxic (despite the temptation) so no physical harm, but an absolute give-away to the authorities - especially if they were caught the same evening/night!

Even if it did not count as conclusive proof in a court if law, it would certainly make the crims think twice. Indeed if something like "smartwater" could be incorporated into the dye, then you WOULD have proof!!!

Whatcha think?

mb
Old 14 February 2001, 08:09 PM
SiCotty
Scooby Regular

IMHO if you want to keep the scooby store it at a friends house and buy a old runnable motor and leave it outside. They could easily do something much worse and a scooby can be fixed a lot easier than you can.

Reading this makes me think how people can do this
Old 14 February 2001, 09:11 PM
Kal
Scooby Newbie

Shoot the barstewards.
Old 14 February 2001, 09:17 PM
dougie+dee-dee
Scooby Regular

Angry

I would definetly shoot the fu***** bas*****.

But in all honesty youdont need this hassle. I would either put my car away in a lock up for a while or else sell it. It's your only option.

Sorry
Old 14 February 2001, 09:21 PM
Scruff
Scooby Regular

Stuart H, can you give any advice. I know it is in Ireland but surley you have come across the lack of response from the police before or not. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 14 February 2001, 11:25 PM
Stuart Page
Scooby Regular

You could always claim self defense if it got nasty, "oh dear we struggled and the gun went off"... That seems to work in 'LA Law'

Seriously, lose the car for a while, you can always get another one when you move on...
Old 15 February 2001, 08:38 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

It is child like fantasy to say get a gun and shoot them. These are not tuppenny ha' penny p155ed up teenagers. You will die.

I assume we are talking Impreza here? Isn't there more than one in Ireland?

If they keep coming to the same house, and the previously stolen one is so obviously "used" around Dublin, then I think you know who you are dealing with. As confirmed by the Gardai being unwilling to get too involved. You are in the grip of gangsters. Look what's happened to people where they have tried to stand up for the rule of law.

These people don't give a damn who they kill and you cannot stand against them alone. If they can control the actions of governments, you don't have a prayer.

Bite your lip, sell it and move on.

But remember "what goes around comes around".

Old 15 February 2001, 08:53 AM
andy oakes
Scooby Regular

Angry

Scruff... having read yor post i must add this is getting very naughty.. ive read a few horror stories but ultimately your family & yourself should be put first.. this makes shocking reading mate,i hope things get better for you.. take good care.. andy.
Old 15 February 2001, 10:45 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Angry

Scruff,

Next time they are trying to break-in, ring the police and tell them you are a habitual speeder. At least this will get them round your house in three minutes flat, (if nothing else).

blubs
Old 15 February 2001, 02:01 PM
Andy-D
Scooby Regular

Red face

Bloody hell!

NO CAR is worth that must stress and worry. I'd sell it or store it until you move. As said previously you have to compare the pros and cons and in this case it seems to be a no brainer.

What a fukcing shame that you have to consider selling something you've worked for because of some selfish moronic scum who aren't prepared to do the same. The sad thing is that this problem isn't isolated, it seems affect the whole of the UK.

Good luck and I hope you sort it out. You could try a couple of BIG dogs that you keep hungry!!
Old 15 February 2001, 07:38 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ireland sounds a bit dodgy from recent posts. Will have to remember not to go there

Let them take the car and fill it with Cyanide gas or some other similar odourless poison. Make sure it cant be traced and they will be killed with no proof as to why. At least we will be rid of them then.

It is a grim world we live in - why can folk not just get on, work, and earn their keep!!!!!!! I have been after a Scooby now for about a year and I am finally buying one next month - I would hate for this to happen after my 12 months of patience!!