Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

OBD2 tracker and scanner

Old 01 October 2015, 03:53 PM
Sam Witwicky
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2 tracker and scanner

Hello.
We are working on a new OBD II tracker/scanner. Our device is almost finished but we still have time to add new functions or change some of the existing ones. I want your advice to make it better if it is interesting for you to participate in the process of creating a new device for your car.
Main functions of the device:
- reads engine error codes;
- shows the data from dashboard indicators;
- real-time 24/7 vehicle monitoring;
- location tracking;
- notification when vehicle enters or leaves a geo-fence;
- driver's behavior analysis;
- accident notification;
- 3d reconstruction of the accident;
- mobile application;
Which other functions would you find useful? What functions do you think are unnecessary?
I will be thankful for any ideas. Feel free to say what you think.
Old 02 October 2015, 09:09 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

depending on what your building it from, what about a camera input so it works like dash cam as well - if your android based then recording with a data overlay like you can do with torq might be cool too?

Take a look at the psi3 datamonitor, its very popular even though its totally outdated now and most of them are dieing off so something in the lines of a din sized replacement could be a good seller.
Old 02 October 2015, 09:48 AM
Sam Witwicky
Scooby Newbie

Default Thanks

Thank you for your participation.
Old 02 October 2015, 10:04 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

do you have any more info on the project - web link or some idea on what it will look like? Are you thinking something in a DIN size or a box of tricks you can hide in the dash/boot/engine bay with a remote LCD screen somewhere (like a toucan display type?)
Old 03 October 2015, 01:52 PM
Sam Witwicky
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by bludgod
do you have any more info on the project - web link or some idea on what it will look like? Are you thinking something in a DIN size or a box of tricks you can hide in the dash/boot/engine bay with a remote LCD screen somewhere (like a toucan display type?)
It is a device which plugs to OBD2 connector of a car. It is not big. Actually it is not bigger than an ordinary OBD2 scanner. Users can see their car on Livemap wherever in the world it is. It will notify you in case of an accident or if your vehicle is being towed away so you can take action immediately. All information is interfaced in a smartphone app or in web account. And there are many other useful functions.
The device is not ready and our website is on stage of developing. I will inform you when it is possible to see the device.

Last edited by Sam Witwicky; 03 October 2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03 October 2015, 04:40 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

depending on what your building it from, what about a camera input so it works like dash cam as well - if your android based then recording with a data overlay like you can do with torq might be cool too?

Take a look at the psi3 datamonitor, its very popular even though its totally outdated now and most of them are dieing off so something in the lines of a din sized replacement could be a good seller.
Definitely a super 👌👍
Old 05 October 2015, 10:33 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

yeh i'd looked into it a bit using a raspberry PI and a LCD screen added on but just not been motivated to get any more progress on it - if someone was to put the R&D into it i'm sure there'd be some decent sales figures at the right price. What's a PSI3 going for these days anyway, few hundred quid still?
Old 06 October 2015, 10:01 AM
Sam Witwicky
Scooby Newbie

I think our device will have the functional you want. I will give you more information as soon as I can
Old 06 October 2015, 01:12 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

yeh i'd looked into it a bit using a raspberry PI and a LCD screen added on but just not been motivated to get any more progress on it - if someone was to put the R&D into it i'm sure there'd be some decent sales figures at the right price. What's a PSI3 going for these days anyway, few hundred quid still?
Silly money mate 250+ not worth the agro
Old 06 October 2015, 02:36 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZANY
Silly money mate 250+ not worth the agro
yeh - thats why i started playing about with the raspberry pi. Once of those with a 4.99 vag com lead will read most cars with SSM protocol via the OBD port and you can hook up pretty much any display too. Just never got around to bringing it all together!
Old 15 October 2015, 04:15 PM
evo 6 WRX
Scooby Newbie

Default Make it so 2003 WRX Subaru Impress a can be used

Originally Posted by Sam Witwicky
Hello.
We are working on a new OBD II tracker/scanner. Our device is almost finished but we still have time to add new functions or change some of the existing ones. I want your advice to make it better if it is interesting for you to participate in the process of creating a new device for your car.
Main functions of the device:
- reads engine error codes;
- shows the data from dashboard indicators;
- real-time 24/7 vehicle monitoring;
- location tracking;
- notification when vehicle enters or leaves a geo-fence;
- driver's behavior analysis;
- accident notification;
- 3d reconstruction of the accident;
- mobile application;
Which other functions would you find useful? What functions do you think are unnecessary?
I will be thankful for any ideas. Feel free to say what you think.
I brought a OBDII ans can't seem to get it to work on my Wrx Subaru eve 6 club spec 2003, also I can't seem seem to find OBDll info on my car. However on this site. http://www.outilsobdfacile.com/vehicle-list-compatible-obd2/subaru there is info that it can be used or my car But still can't get it to work, I have download Torque app pro, paired it to phone and still no readings....

Last edited by evo 6 WRX; 15 October 2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 30 October 2015, 01:14 PM
Sam Witwicky
Scooby Newbie

I'm sorry I haven't contacted you the last few days but I've been very busy with my project.
We have filmed some more videos for Kickstarter. We are almost ready to start our Kickstarter, so you will be able to see how the device works. And I suppose you will get answers on many questions after you see the video of the device. I believe we will start our campaign next week.
I will keep you updated!
Old 30 October 2015, 05:49 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Sam Witwicky;11755185]I'm sorry I haven't contacted you the last few days but I've been very busy with my project.
We have filmed some more videos for Kickstarter. We are almost ready to start our Kickstarter, so you will be able to see how the device works. And I suppose you will get answers on many questions after you see the video of the device. I believe we will start our campaign next week.
I will keep you updated![/QUOTE
Is the Kickstarter the name of your device for the obdll port ?? Will be awaiting eagerly for this one
Old 30 October 2015, 05:57 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

kickstarter is a way of getting companies off the ground, you setup an add to try and get people to give you money that you can spend.
Old 30 October 2015, 08:10 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

So just a teaser !! I was hoping for sumat to take over the old psi3 ecu data monitor to be honest and looking forward to buying one
Old 31 October 2015, 01:22 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

yeh that's why I was looking into the raspberry PI stuph - needs a good bit of refinement to make it into a DIN sized product though but the theory is it would do all the PSI3 does and more (logging could be added to USB quite easily).
Old 02 November 2015, 01:54 PM
Sam Witwicky
Scooby Newbie

[/QUOTE
Is the Kickstarter the name of your device for the obdll port ?? Will be awaiting eagerly for this one[/QUOTE]

Kickstarter is a global crowdfunding platform that helps bringing creative projects to life.
Old 13 November 2015, 10:49 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

It's more of a black box !!!! Like a tag on your ankle dude!! I thought it was like a psi3