Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Many Questions...Am I paranoid???

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2002, 07:49 PM
Chris Barn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, does anybody find it strange that EVO magazine say of the Jap spec STI that its not at home on our roads.. Then last month they say that the UK STI is the dogs bollox.. Then this month Subaru UK spend what must be a huge amount of money on a multipage colour pull out advertisement??

Are there any ex-journo's out there who know exactly what goes on behind the scenes with road tests / advertisers?? Or am I paranoid?

Secondly does anybody know how many Type UK Stis there will be, my dealer says Subaru UK have ordered 750 Prodrive versions and 250 normal versions to "Test the Water". But the advertising for the STI seems excessive for so few cars (Telly + almost every car mag).

Is the UK market going to get flooded with STI's and hence effect residuals in three years time.

With all the hype I am beginning to wonder whether to cancel my order (Will I get me grand back??)and buy a second hand Passet and a Caterham (been to see them today and they are great!!)

Any answers or opinions would be gartefully received.

Cheers
Old 26 February 2002, 10:10 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blimey Mate - so many worries. Just go sit in a darkened room....

Seriously, though - mags like Evo etc pride themselves on editorial independence - but there again, I have known some of the less 'financially independent' publishers compromise their unbiased attitudes when an cash rich advertiser comes along.

Who wrote the pieces in the mag? Might be worth having a word with them. Let us know who they were.