Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You lot are making me paranoid...............

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2001, 11:47 PM
Steve Williams
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to enjoy the posts here when I just visited, then I started posting and still enjoyed it.

Lately you all seem paranoid about scoob's being stolen.

Now I am as worried as the next man (even if the next man is mattski )but I do not get worried every time someone drives past my scooby.
It was said by someone else that before they had a scooby they used to 'case' others they saw, I did the same, that does not make us dodgy or 'scum', that just makes us interested.......

I would say if you are worried then get some good security, if you live in a 'bad area' then get it garaged and get more security, if they want it they get it.... nothing you can do. (anyone see 'Gone in 60 seconds'?? not real life but...).
If you are worried all the time how can you live??

On a lighter note: On driving home last week I noticed I was being followed by a transit, I pulled up outside my house and noticed the transit pull in a couple of houses down, I got out walked round the car and watched the van. Then it pulled alongside my car (2 young blokes inside, crew-cuts etc...) they pull up beside my car, look at me, I hold their stare....... Looking as hard as possible, then I smile, they smile and drive off....

Was I worried, not at all, I saw the blue light on the roof, and the word 'Police' on the side from when they first started following me.
<B>This is a true story</B>

If they were on the way to/from work and the same thing happened (unmarked car/van) then my perception of the situation would have been very different, just shows how we percieve certain occurences.
Old 16 March 2001, 08:03 AM
Adan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Talking of being followed. I was driving home the other day when I notice an old looking white van so close behind me I couldn't see the number plate. My concerns were raised from reading posts like this one so I thought I would take a little detour.

After a combination of three highly improbable turns it was still right behind me very close. Right I thought, I'll get out and have a word. The van stops right behind me. I get out and walk round the back. How silly I felt. I had forgotten that I was returning from holiday and the vehicle behind me was my caravan.

Adan
AKA Terry F***wit
Old 16 March 2001, 08:08 AM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

LOL - one for the VIZ letters page
Old 16 March 2001, 09:03 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Lol ! Great story for an early and slightly hungover (3 pints - I am a light weight!) morning!

Cheers,

Mossman
Old 16 March 2001, 09:11 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I do tend to agree with you Steve...

Last night there was a bang outside shortly after a car pulled up...

there was me fired up after reading all the posts about thefts and stuff, down the stairs peering out the window...

nothing to be seen except the neighbours cat and dustbin lid!

I would have ignored it up until lately...

Also all this about getting your address from the net from your posts etc..
surely it is far easier for them to just drive round until they see one... ?
If you have a 22B then yes okay I can see the worry......
Old 16 March 2001, 09:28 AM
Andy Hall
Scooby Regular

Yep I know what you mean Steve, I think the problem with the BBS is that you feel like you have 4000 mates and if one of them gets his car nicked everyone goes on the defensive. In the real world I personally don't actually know anyone who has had a car stolen in the last 10 years. The thing about the tracing your car through Scoobynet and 192 etc, surely there are enough Scoobs around that if they want to nick one they just need to sit by any road for 5 mins and one will be past - follow it, wait for you to park and bobs your uncle (if you are unlucky.)

Cheers
Andy
Old 16 March 2001, 09:32 AM
PT
Scooby Regular

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

Pete

Trending Topics

Old 16 March 2001, 11:00 AM
Yee
Scooby Regular

Wink

Pete's right their all out to get me!!!!!

Who said that.........who was it.

Stop it........stop shouting....the voices there too loud....they tell me to do things you know....wibble

And they let me drive? I think I shall go for a lie down.

Yee