how to get cheap petrol

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2007, 11:45 PM
Team Cowie
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get cheap petrol

PLEASE READ ALL

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading! and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take?
If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!!

Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso
Old 05 November 2007, 11:53 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

I dont buy from most of them anyway

Seen this before, and classed it as spam email
Old 05 November 2007, 11:55 PM
34srm
Scooby Regular

your living in a dream world, its not the oil companys thats making fuel expensive its the tax your paying on it, your paying more in tax per litre than you are for the fuel something like 60-70% is tax
Old 05 November 2007, 11:58 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

SIAL

TX.
Old 06 November 2007, 12:02 AM
finchyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 34srm
your living in a dream world, its not the oil companys thats making fuel expensive its the tax your paying on it, your paying more in tax per litre than you are for the fuel something like 60-70% is tax
Spot on we have the most expensive fuel in world now. I for one would love to see the fuel blockade's return and force the goverment into dropping the duty on fuel. 85p a litre is more then enough and is a fair level more inline with what the rest of Europe pay.
Old 06 November 2007, 12:06 AM
Tart Man
Scooby Regular

Location: Custard, Strawberry, Apple, Blonde, Brunette...its all good!

Whoah, I've just woke up back in 1997
Old 06 November 2007, 09:14 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Team Cowie
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso
Fuel duty is 63.7p. Vat at 17.5% is applied to that cost. Work is out and see whether 69p is realistic.
Old 06 November 2007, 09:36 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by finchyboy
Spot on we have the most expensive fuel in world now. I for one would love to see the fuel blockade's return and force the goverment into dropping the duty on fuel. 85p a litre is more then enough and is a fair level more inline with what the rest of Europe pay.
Hmmmm, where are you getting your European fuel cost figures from??
I pay €1,51.9 a litre for Shell V-Power which works out to be 105.76p a litre ! and it is the same for Aral/BP Ultimate 100 aswell.
Old 06 November 2007, 09:43 AM
Ghetto Dude3
Scooby Regular

lmfao @ this thread, welcome to the timewarp
Old 06 November 2007, 09:48 AM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

Having worked for an oil company in the past, I know that they only make a few pence profit per litre of fuel (the majority of the cost is tax and duties). Most of the money they make as companies is through the lubricants, chemicals and trading sections of their business. So put pressure on the government, not the oil companies if you want the price to come down.
Old 06 November 2007, 09:49 AM
Ray T
Scooby Regular

To put it in perspective,

I was in San Francisco last week, look up how much shell v power was under $3 I.E. £1.50 and a couple of American fellows at the bar were gobsmacked when I told them what we paid, I also let them know how much it cost to drive into London.

ray t
Old 06 November 2007, 09:51 AM
Ghetto Dude3
Scooby Regular

its just a jump to the left
Old 06 November 2007, 09:52 AM
Ghetto Dude3
Scooby Regular

and a step to the riiiiiggggghhhhtttt
Old 06 November 2007, 09:53 AM