ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2015, 03:25 PM
IAN WR1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire

Hi guys anyone had this one i think i found my miscellaneous misfire after changing loads for new parts , 02 sensor,maf,plugs,coils,iacv,cam+crank sensor.i then thought i would change the fuel filter that had been on there a couple of years just over 1000 miles but it was a copy ( ebay job ) changed for a sytec fuel filter and yes misfire went for 3 months until i let the fuel go down very close to empty guess what misfire came on so i filled tank up pulled fuel filter off emptied it and put it back on and yes misfire gone so i have ordered a new in tank fuel pump sock new fuel filter and a cheap small fluid pump to drain the fuel tank of left over fuel when its close to empty has anyone ever had this????? and should i pull the modded 850cc pinks off at the same time and get them flow tested ?????
Old 27 September 2015, 07:36 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Was there water in the filter check fuel filler etc maybe the pumps on its last legs.
Old 27 September 2015, 09:56 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

If the misfire is only there intermittently, and depends on fuel level, I'd suspect the pump, and or filter.

Also, I know this is a nag, but your post was VERY difficult to read...which means lots on here won't bother.
Try to write in sentences, use paragraphs, correct spacing, avoid text speak, use punctuation etc...all will get you more and better replies
Old 27 September 2015, 11:24 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't believe it! alcazar really is victor meldrew

Check the fuel filler neck for rust,could be letting water in.
I would also be tempted to get a new pump anyway as they don't last for ever and failure could be very costly.
Old 28 September 2015, 01:14 AM
IAN WR1
Scooby Regular

Default thx

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
I don't believe it! alcazar really is victor meldrew

Check the fuel filler neck for rust,could be letting water in.
I would also be tempted to get a new pump anyway as they don't last for ever and failure could be very costly.
Thanks the pump is about 4 years old but is about 4 thousand miles old, o and it is a hrc 340 lph ?????? im thinking it might be the pump sock as i didn't use the one that came with the hrc pump wrong size (smaller) so i put my 40 thousand mile original sock back on, the car drove great and didnt feel like it was misfiring, just code flashed up, i have a very nice motorsport pump sock and a new sytec filter coming, i will suck out all i can from the tank but you can only get to half of the tank

alcazar sorry for my writing skills you tend not to use them much on building sites I work with my hands not my mouth

Last edited by IAN WR1; 28 September 2015 at 01:29 AM.
Old 28 September 2015, 01:47 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Are you going to drain from inside the boot? On the drivers side is the fuel pump and meter,on the passenger side there is another meter so you would be able to get to both sides to fully drain.
Old 28 September 2015, 09:34 AM
IAN WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Are you going to drain from inside the boot? On the drivers side is the fuel pump and meter,on the passenger side there is another meter so you would be able to get to both sides to fully drain.
Thx that's great news and yes I will empty and clean the tank ,when I fitted the pump I never even looked at passenger side
Old 28 September 2015, 02:05 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

alcazar sorry for my writing skills you tend not to use them much on building sites I work with my hands not my mouth
In the end, you write how you like, but, as I said, the older, and therefore more knowledgeable members on here will tend to ignore posts that are difficult to read.

So, it comes down to, do you want to make an effort and get all the help you can, or not?
Old 28 September 2015, 08:14 PM
IAN WR1
Scooby Regular

Thankyou for the advice alcazar