Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Very Scary

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2000, 09:24 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning. Nice weekend, good to see some people at the Clang-n-ball on sunday.

Anyway, onto the meat.

Coming back from Camber on Saturday I, well, we, that is SuzyQ, Maggie and Myself, had a rather scary experience. We're driving along and there are two cars in front of us, The nearest is an Astra, the other a metro, being driven very slowly. There is a nice clear stretch of road so I decide that overtaking might help progress, so I hang back a bit, look in my mirrors, indicate and pull out, I'm just about to put the old foot down when the astra decides to move ever so slightly to the right, I back off, and they move back in, I then decide to go, when I'm alongside them Suzy shouts at me, I look and see the astra pulling out, trying to push me out of the way! I'm forced to slam on the anchors and drive onto the verge on the side of the road.

As one can imaging I'm not best please so I follow this idiot, turns out it's a two women in the front, and they have kids in the back!

We get to hawkhurst and they are turning left, and I'm going straight ahead, so I pull alongside and put the window down. The woman in the passenger seat then starts giving *ME* grief. I casually explain that the driver is a complete prat and has endangered my life,my passengers life, but more importantly the lives of their kids! Woman still giving me grief.

So, for anyone travelling around the kent area look out for a Caribic Blue 5 door Vauxhall Astra, registration number N413 VAU. If you see them steer well clear as they are a menace to everyone on the road.

If anyone happens to know this car/owner then please convey my thanks to them for spoiling a nice day out and nearly killing me, suzy and our puppy.

rant over
Old 29 August 2000, 09:43 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

stoopid beotch!
Old 29 August 2000, 09:58 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

I had a near incident last week where a woman nearly side swiped me. When I eventually went passed her she had 2 kids strapped in the back. She also saw fit to give *me* verbal when it was blatently her fault. People who drive badly are one thing, but when they put children in the back at risk, they should be strung up.

When I drive my nieces about, I make Morgan Freeman in Driving Miss Daisy seem like a boy racer...

Jerome.
Old 29 August 2000, 10:01 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

That's putting it mildly. The air was totally blue in the car, nearly turned it from black to sonic blue I can tell you. and most of that was from SuzyQ, glad she was not driving as she would have hunted the stupid cow down.

God forbid if I ever see the car again.

Why do we allow these idiots on the roads? I know I'm not a good driver, in fact I frequently admit I'm a bad driver, but at least I know I'm bad and don't pretend I'm not.

Might see the incident on Police, Camera, Action, or one of those other '***** on the road' programs.

No doubt that *I* would be the one who got slated as I've got the performance car.

Would have really gone for it if I'd had the kids in the back of the Wagon. Anyone messes with the kids or puts them in danger and they are in for some serious greif.

Old 29 August 2000, 10:58 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Driving safely isn't just about driving slowly - I imagine a good many accidents involving injuries (inc. pedestrians too) and vehicles happen at relatively low speeds.

I have a 20 month old and a very pregnant wife and I must admit I still drive quite fast... BUT... and here's the BUT! I pride myself on good observation and driving defensively and within the conditions of the road too (weather or darkness).

Sounds preachy, but I see so many people who don't follow these basic rules.

I know it's only the minimum standard of driving, but I'd have no qualms about retaking my driving test again.

I also think they should raise motorway speed limits and reduce a great many 30/40 mph limits to 20/30s respectively.
Old 29 August 2000, 01:41 PM
AlexM
Scooby Regular

This person sounds like the worse kind of idiot putting all of the parties involved at risk completely needlessly.

Seeing as you have the Reg. number and a witness, do the rest of us a favour and make a complaint to the Police. If they contact her to get a statement, she would probably be thick enough to admit she did it to 'teach you a lesson'. If not, it might (maybe) make her think.

Worth a try maybe.....

Cheers,

Alex
Old 29 August 2000, 02:26 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I was thinking of reporting her to the police. Might well do this. Though police would possibly give me a talking to about overtaking, inappropriate speed, etc..... then again maybe they would not.

Doubt much would happen if I reported it though.

Leaving it a bit late now though to report it is it not?
Old 29 August 2000, 06:21 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

My turn to rant...nah I don't need to Markus does enough for both of us! But I have to say it was scary and can see why women get a bad name for driving and too right I would have chased her to her font door then given her a good idea of what can happen to a child in an accident!
There is nowt wrong with overtaking or driving fast infact when I have the scoob I do both of these things with children and the dog in the car the difference being that I am a good driver and always check my mirrors before overtaking etc...It's not speed that kills it's carelessness!
That's my rant over with
Old 29 August 2000, 07:55 PM
Don Palmer
Scooby Regular

Cool

The same thing happened to me with an Astra - it pulled into the middle of the road to make the overtake really tight...
So I went by anyway and got me clog down too to get out of the way.
Turned out it was three ****stables!
They pulled me and accused me of overtaking them when they were doing seventy in a sixty limit.
Both self and passenger knew they were lying, passenger reported them to their Chief ****stable.
DNA ...- National Dyslexia Association
Old 29 August 2000, 09:03 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Talking

I go and slap her dish for you if you like.

Out of order behaviour by woman and glad your all o.k

R
Old 30 August 2000, 11:47 AM
blp
Scooby Regular

I would also say its worth a visit to the local nick to report her. This happened to someone I know. They actually got a visit from the old bill. Someone took his reg number and reported him. So maybe it would make the woman think twice next time. And Im afraid Ive not been to shy for reporting stupid people myself. More often or not women in cars with there 5 year old kid jumping up and down on their back seat!