Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

what does everyone really think of them boyracers?

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2003, 08:29 PM
the chosen one
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your thoughts or comments welcome
Old 28 April 2003, 08:46 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

Do you mean Scooby drivers?
Old 28 April 2003, 08:53 PM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Wink

what? Young lads, who usually have low i`q`s and low paid menial jobs (as a result of poor school attendance), spending all their hard earned money to modify the cosmetics of their cars, who follow fickle car fashion, easily influenced my film and magazine, who claim to be car enthusiasts but who don’t acutely seem to be concerned with improving their driving on track, or under tuition? An have words in their vocab like CRUZE, JAPED and MAXED UP, who wear burry baseball caps INSIDE CARS

They are great
Old 28 April 2003, 09:02 PM
the chosen one
Scooby Regular

what a great explaination catflap, exactly what i was thinking lol
Old 28 April 2003, 09:08 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

My uncle drives an Audi A6 TDI Quattro, is 40 with a family, doesn't wear caps, runs his own company and there is no doubt he's a boyracer
Old 28 April 2003, 09:13 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

When I grow up I will trade by baseball cap for a flat cap and buy a Lexus, or make so much money I could have a fleet of Lexi .
Old 28 April 2003, 09:29 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

LEXUS = L.uxury EX.port, U.nited S.tates.

'You should try to hide your stupidity, not type something and broadcast it to the World!'

Only the very stupidest people (Alan Partridge types) think it to be 'LATIN' as in LOTUS...

hahaha...

Some people eh!
Old 28 April 2003, 09:31 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stand up and be counted I say, MK2 Golf with Magnex exhaust so cant be anything else really. Am sensible daddy when driving the Diesel Sharan though.

Apart from the fact I am 32 so cant really be called 'Boy' racer, Petrol head is a better term for those of us who have experience.

Theres a proper boy racer at work, not a bad lad, kitted Fiesta which is quite tidy but he wont even change a wheel, he will grow out of it by the age of twenty five and get a Megane Scenic or similar, the difference with me (and most of Scoobynet) is that we havent grown out of it, I am just biding my time until my toys befit my age a little better.
Old 28 April 2003, 09:32 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

with the greatist of respect i think we were all one partly once, i had a d reg rs turbo 10 years ago, burgandy, yellow stickers and bonnet vents limo black windows, 15" alloys(cool in them days) 2 15" subs, lowered so much i couldnt drive anyware lol, underside neon blue lights, but i loved it to death and thought i was the bollox, but then i was only 17.
Old 28 April 2003, 11:38 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

LEXUS = L.uxury EX.port, U.nited S.tates.

AKA Toyota then
Old 28 April 2003, 11:47 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Do you mean Scooby drivers?
'You should try to hide your stupidity, not type something and broadcast it to the World!'

Only the very stupidest people think all scooby drivers are boy racers

hahaha...

Some people eh!

Old 29 April 2003, 01:10 AM
catflap
Scooby Regular

being a boy racer aint about the car you drive, lets face it a car is simply a collection of components.........its the mentality of a person that makes them a boy racer.

I never have been and never will be one, yet i agree im a petrol head, or track day driving enthusiast.

Cars are meant to drive, whether as a mode of transportation of pleasure, not parked up and looked at.

Give me the keys to any exotica (or any fast car for that matter0 and first thing id do was go for a drive, not LOOK at it with my mates all night

I think the reason so many boy racers drive scoods, is as I indicated they are easily influenced, and as we all know how the scoob has had its share of good press, It has become the THING to have, ask yourself why? When few of them drive them.

Another indication is the saxos and corsas with evo and scoob vents on, why? Engine cooling? Is it THAT TUNED?…..oh it is…fair enough. Wait a sec, there aint even a hole in the bonnet for that scoop!!!!!!

Its all about image, it’s a fashion industry, fickle and ever changing, yet a good car is a good car, no mater its age, id love to have a go in a classic AC cobra, or some old sexy porker/Ferrari, even if it aint as fast as modern cars, must be such a cool driving experience…..or I could park it up and look at it all night with my mates.

Don’t get me wrong, I like chatting about cars, but given the choice id drive one instead, just seems daft to DRIVE somewhere and talk about driving cars one day, YOUR IN ONE…. DRIVE IT, go for a blast over some mountain roads

Just my light hearted thoughts on boy racers

[Edited by catflap - 4/29/2003 1:13:11 AM]
Old 29 April 2003, 04:52 AM
si325i
Scooby Regular

lets face it JK is the ultimate boy races. you must off seen his new car? he ******* loves it. jealous..
Old 29 April 2003, 08:19 AM
Many Humbug Returns
Scooby Regular

I always hated JK long before I knew about his cars, those stupid hats and dickish attitude did it...............
Old 29 April 2003, 08:44 AM
Regacy
Scooby Regular

I must be one of the stupid people you're referring to.
It would seem to me that every third thread is about 'how I burned off a...' or 'how I drove at twice the speed limit, but it's ok cos it wasn't passed a school'
Scoobynet is jam packed full of boy racers, some of them are even mature enough to admit it ;-)
r
Old 29 April 2003, 12:47 PM
steve G MAN
Scooby Regular

Well ive got nothin against em at all
Old 29 April 2003, 12:52 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

by the time the nobbers have bought a Nova....riced it up they could have bought a proper car that was worth something

never forget my last place this **** turns up to p/x his modded up, max'd powered Corsa and the salesmanager told him he'd give him scrap value for it.......the piece of **** wasn't worth jack

gave me and lads something to look at while it was on the ramp...talk about a bodge job

silly ******
Old 29 April 2003, 01:32 PM
luckie
Scooby Newbie

i dont have a problem with boy racers except with the traffic they cause at their cruises.(living on the main road to southend seafron gets abit annoying), you all seem to be mocking them for spending money on making their car look better/or worse and for going cruising, but you all spend money on ure clear indicators, twin headlights etc, so does that make u lot boy racers then? not a dig just a question. plus u also go to cruises in ure subaru conveys to southend so whats the difference?
Old 29 April 2003, 03:23 PM
si325i
Scooby Regular

....and do any impreza drive have a "standard scooby" cos if any car in the whole world races a scooby and wins it must of been standard scooby. So who are the losers?
Old 29 April 2003, 11:22 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LEXUS = L.udicrous EX.pensive, U.seless S.hite.

I dont mind them really, just couldnt pass up the opportunity.
Old 30 April 2003, 11:31 AM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Hear is the car I drive and im 24, am I a boy racer??? I don’t do "burnouts", "handbrake turns" or brake the speed limit (well not to much anyway). But I’d like to think myself as a boy racer or am I to old.
Old 01 May 2003, 01:58 AM
kenny.c
Scooby Regular

LEXUS= Luxurious EXcelent Usable Speed

I just love them, my x boss used to drive a gs300 se, the toys were just cool, very torquey, smooth, quiet, electric everything, sat nav, sound system was good , it even had a sub in a small enclosure in the boot as standard. Very nice....and you can save the position of the steering wheel, so everytime you insert the key the steering wheel just moves into place........you have to see
it to apreciate it.

Old 01 May 2003, 04:52 AM
si325i
Scooby Regular

nice picture.