Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

any solictors on here?

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2012, 08:51 PM
busby330
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any solictors on here?

just wondering if we have any solictors for some advise?

Basically step dad's dad passed away over 8 months ago, as part of his will his house was split between 4 kids plus obvious savings and isa's, Its taken about 3 months from the date of the house sale til now and he was told today that the file is now with the accounts department,
All i want to know would this then in turn mean that it was with them to arrange the payouts etc as getting information from this solictor is like getting blood from a stone.

Also if he wants to make a complaint about the service received who would be best to complain to as he was the exector (sp?) of the will but has had to chase the case up to get any information
Old 22 June 2012, 05:52 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Not a Solicitor, sorry, but it sounds to me like closure is about there. The Law is mega slow on everything
Old 22 June 2012, 09:11 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3 months is pretty quick for probate. It took a lot longer than that when my mum died and that was just between the two of us.

They have to be very careful with everything so that it's all settled and nothing comes back to bite you.......especially over the property.

Shaun
Old 22 June 2012, 09:18 PM
Sti Addict
Scooby Regular

My sister is a solicitor, im seeing her on sunday and will show her this thread
Old 22 June 2012, 10:35 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes again 3 months is very quick so everything going ok
Would not recomend you complain about the service as any addional stress for the solicitor would get added to your bill
Old 22 June 2012, 11:22 PM
busby330
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys for the comments

Originally Posted by BugSti Malone
My sister is a solicitor, im seeing her on sunday and will show her this thread
that be great, as far as I am aware the only time it would be sent to the ACCOUNTS dept is when they are arranging the payouts, but we talking about solictors so always best to get a more accurate opinion.

As for making a complaint about the service this will be done AFTER its all done with. TBH its more to do with the fact at the beginning of the process (i.e when they were trying to get the business) they were saying how they would keep my step father informed throughout, where in reality he has had to phone them, He did the running about for the house sale to, even having the vendor talking to him.

The main reason its only taken 3 months so far is the fact they had the instructions etc 8 months ago when he passed so had a 5 month head start on getting his bills finialised (not that there were many anyway) house was sold to a cash buyer, gas, electric and water would be standing charges only as he werent in the house for almost year before he passed.
Old 22 June 2012, 11:40 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still having to deal with Santander 3 years down the line after my Mum died......

Why complain after the event? what are you after?.....

compensation?, having the solicitor done for negligence?. You have to litigate against your solicitor for negligence and have suffered loss.

Not sure what monies you are trying get?

Shaun
Old 22 June 2012, 11:50 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by busby330
Thanks guys for the comments

that be great, as far as I am aware the only time it would be sent to the ACCOUNTS dept is when they are arranging the payouts, but we talking about solictors so always best to get a more accurate opinion.

As for making a complaint about the service this will be done AFTER its all done with. TBH its more to do with the fact at the beginning of the process (i.e when they were trying to get the business) they were saying how they would keep my step father informed throughout, where in reality he has had to phone them, He did the running about for the house sale to, even having the vendor talking to him.

The main reason its only taken 3 months so far is the fact they had the instructions etc 8 months ago when he passed so had a 5 month head start on getting his bills finialised (not that there were many anyway) house was sold to a cash buyer, gas, electric and water would be standing charges only as he werent in the house for almost year before he passed.

Don't bother complaining. It's just the way things are I am in the process of Divorce and you have no idea how long this is taking. It's a pain in the butt, but best done properly. Just be patient, they are doing their jobs
Old 23 June 2012, 07:56 PM
busby330
Scooby Regular

Thing is it aint about money, I think he just wants to make them aware that there service was not what they had promised before getting his business (i.e not keeping him informed as they said they would do).
In fairness had a long chat with him today whilst working on the wifes *cough* SCENIC *cough* he just want the whole thing finished with which apprently as its with the accounts department will be done in the next week or so