Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Well thats me banned!

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2009, 01:27 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well thats me banned!

A few month ago i took my R1 out on a lovely nite me and a few mates were messing about abit on a industrial estate when i decided it would be a good idea to see if me and my mate could do the whole strip on back wheel. Off we come off roundabout and down a gear front whell comes up 2 secs later........ blue lights. And a charge off driving dangourosly.

Yesterday went to court letter said 2 oclock so i was there for 1.30 surrounded by smack rats. all sat with solictors and in the 3 hours i was waiting all but 1 walking out with a smile.

So my turn comes off i walk into court explained it was a moment off stupidity and wouldnt do it again and how id sold the R1 (didnt mention id bought a R6) Cps was in slapping distance and really layed it on thick.

So magistrates comes out with we are going to give you 9 points for the offence plus a fine (£1000) as you already have 6 points this will ban you. You are banned for 9 month!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bloody smack head got done for no license no mot no tax no insurance etc and got a 3 month ban and no fine how the bloody hell does that work?

Should explain that when i first got a impreza i got pulled and found out my traders didnt cover it hence no insurance = 6 points!

Not happy bunny
Old 15 December 2009, 01:29 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Unlucky mate
Old 15 December 2009, 01:30 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Consequences of your actions, I'm afraid ...

...... will you be driving whilst banned?
Old 15 December 2009, 01:33 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Even tho the prospect off a turkey leg in prison is a good one. No mate not that silly car is locked in my unit and wife has key pickup is on drive she has key too that too. R6 is in garage and i have key. And its too cold for that lol
Old 15 December 2009, 01:36 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Surely it is 6 month ban under totting up?
Old 15 December 2009, 01:43 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pikeywrx

A bloody smack head got done for no license no mot no tax no insurance etc and got a 3 month ban and no fine how the bloody hell does that work?
That's the British Justice system for you. Soft on real crime, hard on mister meaners by normally law abiding citizens.

As you say, smack head had no intention of paying for the car to be legal, or himself to be legally entitled to drive on the road. Court give soft sentence.

You. Legal to drive/ride, all vehicles legally taxed and insured. Has a bit of stupidity moment while riding. Court come down hard.

Old man got caught drink driving years ago. Stupid yes, but it happened. Was JUST over the limit. Got 18 month ban & (if I remember correctly) a £500 fine.

Same day someone else, who was almost 3 times over the limit got 12 month ban and (if I remember correctly) £100 fine.

The Justice system has no consistency.
Old 15 December 2009, 01:47 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

I think i was punished enough having to sit in waiting room i was litterally gritting my teeth and sitting on my hands. Final straw was needing a wee and going into the toilets where it was nearly dark except for a faint blue light think its summat to do with bag heads.

After that i sat in the closed cafe area by my self lol
Old 15 December 2009, 01:54 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

FPMSL back to your old ways now that infractions are gone I see

TX.

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Consequences of your actions, I'm afraid ...

...... will you be driving whilst banned?
Old 15 December 2009, 02:00 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Don't forget - the 'King' of Scoobynet is not bound by the same rules as every other member.

Old 15 December 2009, 02:03 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Gutted for ya mate, we live and learn. Hope the time passes quick for you.
Old 15 December 2009, 02:27 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
mister meaners
Old 15 December 2009, 03:30 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Final straw was needing a wee and going into the toilets where it was nearly dark except for a faint blue light think its summat to do with bag heads.
Apparantly you cant see veins under that type of light, so the junkies cant shoot up in the toilets.
Old 15 December 2009, 03:44 PM
blue scooby
Scooby Regular

lol..
Old 15 December 2009, 06:06 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I think it's about time magistrates had a bit of a shake up! There was a case here not so long back. A woman of about 85 - 90 pulled out onto a bypass, straight into the path of a biker and killed him outright. It was proven that he wasn't speeding, bike was legit, he was experienced etc. She was fined about £100 and made to resit her test. The judge was lenient on her as 'she needs to be able to get around to visit her friends'.
Old 15 December 2009, 06:19 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Surely it is 6 month ban under totting up?
thought this was the case also?
Old 15 December 2009, 07:33 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Is 6 month the minumum or average and are they restricted to that?
Old 15 December 2009, 08:29 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

Did you get legal advice first?
Mind you don't know whether a brief would have helped.
Tough break.
Old 15 December 2009, 08:50 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

6 months is the minimum for a tooting disqualification and they will take a lot of other things into consideration.

However, not wanting to pi$$ on your story, but you obviously didn't get done for dangerous driving as that's a mandatory 12 month disqualification and an extended text. You probably got done for due care and 9 months is the top end of the points range.

I would advise you to seek legal advice and see whether you have a ground of appeal - either in the points or the totting disqualification- you MAY be able to argue exceptional hardshiip re disqualification, but you'd need to seek legal advice about that.
Old 15 December 2009, 10:19 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

You'd have got less for slapping a burglar in your very own bedroom mate. Still, welcome to the UK - tough on REALLY easy to prosecute 'crimes'

D
Old 15 December 2009, 11:40 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

The lesson was dont have a licence or tax or insurance and you would of got off with a shorter ban!
Old 16 December 2009, 12:01 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Excellent smiley. Misdemeanor, for the benefit of the previous poster.
Old 16 December 2009, 12:11 AM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

thats bad luck..ive never realy undrstood why they dont like a good wheely
my mate could ride quicker on one wheel than i could on two
Old 16 December 2009, 12:19 AM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

What's the point in banning a smack head that hasn't got a licence anyway, he'll just continue to drive anyway. This really does pi$$ me off!
Old 16 December 2009, 12:38 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

One reason why the police try and discourage this kind of behaviour - although my view is that motorcycles are a form of accelerated Darwinian selection.

Dying to do a wheelie
Old 16 December 2009, 12:43 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

man that's harsh

hearing more and more things like this everyday now. The fines and bans wouldn't be so bad if they were at least consistent or failing that, if they'd at least just bl00dy shoot the smack heads.
Old 16 December 2009, 02:17 AM
madscanman2
BANNED

A few month ago i took my R1 out on a lovely nite me and a few mates were messing about abit on a industrial estate when i decided it would be a good idea to see if me and my mate could do the whole strip on back wheel. Off we come off roundabout and down a gear front whell comes up 2 secs later........ blue lights. And a charge off driving dangourosly.

Yesterday went to court letter said 2 oclock so i was there for 1.30 surrounded by smack rats. all sat with solictors and in the 3 hours i was waiting all but 1 walking out with a smile.

So my turn comes off i walk into court explained it was a moment off stupidity and wouldnt do it again and how id sold the R1 (didnt mention id bought a R6) Cps was in slapping distance and really layed it on thick.

So magistrates comes out with we are going to give you 9 points for the offence plus a fine (£1000) as you already have 6 points this will ban you. You are banned for 9 month!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should explain that when i first got a impreza i got pulled and found out my traders didnt cover it hence no insurance = 6 points!

Not happy bunny
if your trying to do wheelies , you should of tryed not stopping for the blue light , seems 2 me u treet ya licence like a samck head. 9 month is a result , it should of been 12 at least on ur second ban , ur lucky , i am dislexic and filled one question out of about 30 wrong in my insurance and was done for fruad, 18 month ban , and they took the1250 pound i payed for it ,mad , good look , u ll have point s on your licence for yrs now even after your ban , u should check if road was private as they can do nowt, , might see you on police cam action as u got nicked , use the smack route next time , ull have drug driving on it 2 , they get away with it not right ,u payed for it as u work . justice not . easy money . yes
Old 16 December 2009, 08:29 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Interesting video here of a motorcycle accident ..... watch out for the second accident, not the first!

worst Motorcycle accident ever seen.
Old 16 December 2009, 10:07 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Pikey, its because you were on a motorbike, all sentances seem to be more severe for bikers.
Old 16 December 2009, 10:35 AM
rabbos
Scooby Regular

This thread should be fined and imprisoned as a crime against english to be completely honest.
Old 16 December 2009, 11:11 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about that Pikey. The problem is that the coppers will do you for a wheelie as soon as look at you. We both know its not that dangerous, easy enough to control as long as you have not gone too far with it, but its a gift for them if they catch you at it.

I often used to lift a wheel when leant well over cornering with the old ZZR 1100 I had, it was very torquey and no danger involved. I did not raise the wheel very far though and was very careful not to if I saw a copper about. I knew a bloke to get done for the front wheel about 6" off the floor coming out of a roundabout where there was a slightly raised surface as he straightened the bike up!
Looks like you are stuck with it and the fine is well over the top.

Les

Quick Reply: Well thats me banned!