What is wrong with people!?

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2012, 09:48 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is wrong with people!?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-18241529

Whilst trying to provide a safe environment for young children to cross a road, a motorist decides he is far more important and busy and instead proceeds to drive into the lollipop man and breaks his arm.

What is the mentality of people like this? I can understand that it can be an inconvenience to have to wait for a lollipop man, but if you are driving by a school at rush hour then you really should expect it. What this motorist has done is practically attempted murder isn't it?
Old 29 May 2012, 10:02 AM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you should see the daft lollipop men around here, you can be driving along well within the speed limit and they just seem to jump out in front of you. They just don't seem to grasp the concept that they are also there to hold back the pedestrians until there is a slight gap in the traffic. A lot of them seem to feel that they have to stop all traffic as soon as a pedestrian arrives.

I agree that the case highlighted is an obvious hit and run though so completely inexcusable.
Old 29 May 2012, 04:13 PM
stuart69
Scooby Regular

Off topic,why realy realy good meat?

Butcher?
Old 31 May 2012, 12:30 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobeenut
Well you should see the daft lollipop men around here, you can be driving along well within the speed limit and they just seem to jump out in front of you. They just don't seem to grasp the concept that they are also there to hold back the pedestrians until there is a slight gap in the traffic. A lot of them seem to feel that they have to stop all traffic as soon as a pedestrian arrives.

I agree that the case highlighted is an obvious hit and run though so completely inexcusable.
I find it is easier all round to slow down as you approach a lollipop man and be prepared to stop.

It might be an irritation to have to do so, but its a hell of a lot better than running someone over.

Les
Old 31 May 2012, 07:59 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leslie
I find it is easier all round to slow down as you approach a lollipop man and be prepared to stop.

It might be an irritation to have to do so, but its a hell of a lot better than running someone over.

Les
Yes it would be sensible to do that,but it would seem some on the roads nowadays can't be held up for a few seconds,they have such busy lives les with very important things to do.Or it appears some just want to go full steam everywhere regardless,some of the idiotic overtakes i've seen drivers do,because they are held up behind a tractor or traffic light is about to go red and they don't want to stop or slow down..I'd take the licence off some of them and ban them..
Old 31 May 2012, 08:44 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thank god the lollipop man was not riding a bike, otherwise he would have been bang out of order, and prob deserved it by provoking the car driver
Old 31 May 2012, 10:50 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Do what the old doris years ago did... Lead with the lolly. It's the driver's responsibility to stop. Signs are there/flashing and the environment demands care and attention.

That said, all I get when googling lolly pop lady and damage is "no win, no fee" *******!
Old 01 June 2012, 03:54 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
Yes it would be sensible to do that,but it would seem some on the roads nowadays can't be held up for a few seconds,they have such busy lives les with very important things to do.Or it appears some just want to go full steam everywhere regardless,some of the idiotic overtakes i've seen drivers do,because they are held up behind a tractor or traffic light is about to go red and they don't want to stop or slow down..I'd take the licence off some of them and ban them..
I could not agree more with that.

Les