ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What is wrong with people!? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/937610-what-is-wrong-with-people.html)

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 29 May 2012 09:48 AM

What is wrong with people!?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-18241529

Whilst trying to provide a safe environment for young children to cross a road, a motorist decides he is far more important and busy and instead proceeds to drive into the lollipop man and breaks his arm.

What is the mentality of people like this? I can understand that it can be an inconvenience to have to wait for a lollipop man, but if you are driving by a school at rush hour then you really should expect it. What this motorist has done is practically attempted murder isn't it?

scoobeenut 29 May 2012 10:02 AM

Well you should see the daft lollipop men around here, you can be driving along well within the speed limit and they just seem to jump out in front of you. They just don't seem to grasp the concept that they are also there to hold back the pedestrians until there is a slight gap in the traffic. A lot of them seem to feel that they have to stop all traffic as soon as a pedestrian arrives.

I agree that the case highlighted is an obvious hit and run though so completely inexcusable.

stuart69 29 May 2012 04:13 PM

Off topic,why realy realy good meat?

Butcher?

Leslie 31 May 2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by scoobeenut (Post 10642287)
Well you should see the daft lollipop men around here, you can be driving along well within the speed limit and they just seem to jump out in front of you. They just don't seem to grasp the concept that they are also there to hold back the pedestrians until there is a slight gap in the traffic. A lot of them seem to feel that they have to stop all traffic as soon as a pedestrian arrives.

I agree that the case highlighted is an obvious hit and run though so completely inexcusable.

I find it is easier all round to slow down as you approach a lollipop man and be prepared to stop.

It might be an irritation to have to do so, but its a hell of a lot better than running someone over.

Les

DYK 31 May 2012 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10645117)
I find it is easier all round to slow down as you approach a lollipop man and be prepared to stop.

It might be an irritation to have to do so, but its a hell of a lot better than running someone over.

Les

Yes it would be sensible to do that,but it would seem some on the roads nowadays can't be held up for a few seconds,they have such busy lives les with very important things to do:rolleyes:.Or it appears some just want to go full steam everywhere regardless,some of the idiotic overtakes i've seen drivers do,because they are held up behind a tractor or traffic light is about to go red and they don't want to stop or slow down..I'd take the licence off some of them and ban them..:mad:

hodgy0_2 31 May 2012 08:44 PM

Thank god the lollipop man was not riding a bike, otherwise he would have been bang out of order, and prob deserved it by provoking the car driver

vindaloo 31 May 2012 10:50 PM

Do what the old doris years ago did... Lead with the lolly. It's the driver's responsibility to stop. Signs are there/flashing and the environment demands care and attention.

That said, all I get when googling lolly pop lady and damage is "no win, no fee" wankers!

Leslie 01 June 2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 10645691)
Yes it would be sensible to do that,but it would seem some on the roads nowadays can't be held up for a few seconds,they have such busy lives les with very important things to do:rolleyes:.Or it appears some just want to go full steam everywhere regardless,some of the idiotic overtakes i've seen drivers do,because they are held up behind a tractor or traffic light is about to go red and they don't want to stop or slow down..I'd take the licence off some of them and ban them..:mad:

I could not agree more with that.

Les