Hague and Europe

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2011, 08:59 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Hague and Europe

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6866043.ece

Europe,European Union,Euros....got on my pap since 1973 .Wasn't it Benelux to start?? Belgium,netherlands,luxembourg?)

Anyway....lets cut free from the MEP gravy train!!!!

Are those Wine lakes and butter mountains still around

Last edited by lozgti1; 10 September 2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10 September 2011, 09:17 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Haig is spot on - William Hague risked re-opening the bitter dispute over Europe today by attacking the EU and demanding a referendum on the Lisbon treaty.

After a week in which the Tory high command has tried to keep Europe out of the headlines, the Shadow Foreign Secretary said that there should be no president of the EU and that Britain must have its own distinctive foreign policy.

In a broadly nationalist speech to the party conference in Manchester, Mr Hague told delegates: “We should never be ashamed of saying we will promote our own national interest.”
Old 10 September 2011, 09:31 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Give Britain what it wants, a referendum. Then get us the **** out of Europe.
Old 10 September 2011, 09:33 AM
Iain250
Scooby Regular

to right a big thing up here is the common fisheries policy - they can stick that to ****
Old 10 September 2011, 10:42 AM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

He can say whatever tasty soundbites he likes the cvnts in westminster have sold us well and truely down the river and realistically there's no coming back
Old 10 September 2011, 11:29 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bonehead
He can say whatever tasty soundbites he likes the cvnts in westminster have sold us well and truely down the river and realistically there's no coming back
That is quite wrong.

It is a relief to hear someone in government at last who is prepared to speak up for this country and our own independence and the right to rule ourselves without interference from the corrupt Eu authotities.

Our "valiant" so called leader remains subservient to the Eu and to avoid a referendum on the treaty which goes a very long way to federation and which he promised us as a way to get elected is a let down of the most severe kind.

He is a carbon copy of Billy Liar whom we know he admires, and will act only to try to improve his personal relations with other world leaders and is prepared as Bliar was to sell us and our independence as a country down the river.

I only hope that the real Tories can achieve enough influence to ditch him eventually before he delivers us totally under the yoke of the Eu.

I find it difficult to see anything so far that he has actually done for the sake of this country rather than to promote himself.

Les
Old 10 September 2011, 11:31 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Sigh.............I've said it hundreds of times, but I'll say it again just for you anti-Europe lot

EUROPE ISN'T THE PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS OUR GOVERNMENTS.

Other European states look at rules, laws etc and ask two questions:
"Does it benefit this country?"
"Does it benefit the citizens of this country?"

If they can't answer "Yes" to at least one of the two, they ignore the rule/law.

OUR governments enforce EVERY little rule or law to the hilt, then, when the public moans, they stand back and say, "Not us guv, WE didn't bring it in! Blame those nasty Europe people."

With the predictable result that people DO blame Europe, which the politicians like......

If WE had HONEST politicians with a set of b@lls, WE wouldn't be in the mess we are with Europe, trust me.
Old 10 September 2011, 12:08 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
So I would trust any of them on any subject whatsoever as NONE of them have the UK's interests at heart, merely their own!
Seconded!
Old 10 September 2011, 01:01 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

No, the EU (NOT Europe) is a big part of the UK's problems. However, the bigger part, as you allude to, is our "political class" who have sold us down the river. Starting with ol' Ted in the 70's, the Tories have signed most of the EU treaties since. Though it was Flash that signed us up to Lisbon. So I would trust any of them on any subject whatsoever as NONE of them have the UK's interests at heart, merely their own!

Dave

Aye, no argument there, but you have missed my point: ALL the other EC states have signed the same treaties and are subject to the same rules and laws.

Just come back from 3 months working in France, they DO NOT enforce those rules, or laws, unless it benefits them.

Germany and Italy are the same, and I believe the others are too. ONLY the UK, AFAIK enforces every stupid litle thing, no matter what harm it does to our standard of living, economy, jobs etc etc. EVERY LITTLE THING........and then blames the EC
Old 10 September 2011, 01:09 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Lightbulbs. Don't start me off about light-feckin'-bulbs!
Old 10 September 2011, 02:23 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by oldsplice
Lightbulbs. Don't start me off about light-feckin'-bulbs!
Nooooooo - you are getting my blood pressure up now as well!!!! I fecking hate mercury death tubes

mb
Old 10 September 2011, 02:24 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I'll still buy Opinel from my French friends,BMW from my German ones and Maracas when I need them from Espana

Just don't want all the other rubbish that comes out of our non benefical involvement

I'm sure most Europeans would agree (not that UK has much to offer! err....can't actually think of anything good we make ourselves)
Old 10 September 2011, 02:34 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boomer
Nooooooo - you are getting my blood pressure up now as well!!!! I fecking hate mercury death tubes

mb

Not just me then? I want my Philips 60 watt Softones back!
Old 10 September 2011, 04:22 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

agree with other countries just abiding if it benefits them

but here we have governmant departments that are set up to ensure the e.u laws are enforced, no matter how ridiculous, and big companies ectare fined if they dont comply

other countries say, yes ofcourse we will introduce that law - then just ignore it, until next time

we must be the laughing stock.
Old 10 September 2011, 05:00 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Not just me then? I want my Philips 60 watt Softones back!

I want a bulb that works properly with a dimmer switch

Dimmable CFLs are rubbish; need to warm them up before they'll dim, and they're the wrong colour tone.
Old 10 September 2011, 05:23 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
I want a bulb that works properly with a dimmer switch

Dimmable CFLs are rubbish; need to warm them up before they'll dim, and they're the wrong colour tone.

Yeah, and it's ok for this.........

But I'm not allowed to have my two 60 watt-ers burning from 4 hours a night! I've lived in this house for 18 years, and we've only replaced two bulbs in the landing light in that time. I really, really hate being told what I can and can't use when it comes to something as fundamental as light. Grrrrrrrrrr............!
Old 10 September 2011, 06:51 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have just come back from a two week family holiday in Italy

it was a fairly common sight for the petrol attendant to be smoking when he filled your tank
Old 10 September 2011, 06:55 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I have LOADS of brand new ordinary bulbs in France, and I mean dozens.........I did stock up via Screwfiz when the sold 'em as French ones are dear, and hard to find BC ones.

Once they are impossible to buy, mine are off on e-bay
Old 10 September 2011, 08:43 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Calm down dear You should have stocked up when you had the chance. I've a load in a box in the loft but, as you say, they don't actually burn out that often.

It's not illegal to use them, or even sell them if the seller had them in stock before 1st September. It's just illegal to import or manufacture them, AFAIK.

Dave

Aha! Well, I DID stock up! I've got a box full in the loft!

Don't know how long they'll last though. Sod's law, they'll all start going now I can't buy them.
Old 10 September 2011, 09:03 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Aha! Well, I DID stock up! I've got a box full in the loft!

Don't know how long they'll last though. Sod's law, they'll all start going now I can't buy them.
You will now be arrested for stockpiling non-EU compliant materials that cause global warming.

Don't worry,hundreds of thousands of pounds will be spent by lawyers to protect your EU human rights.

Sorry,forgot to mention;you will only get help from the lawyers if you are a non-EU citizen & have no right to be in the country.

Last edited by legb4rsk; 10 September 2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10 September 2011, 09:10 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
You will now be arrested for stockpiling non-EU compliant materials that cause global warming.

Don't worry,hundreds of thousands of pounds will be spent by lawyers to protect your EU human rights.

That'll be the day!

And as for my few lightbulbs causing global warming.........that's all bollox anyway!