Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

This seems really harsh - what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2010, 08:10 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face This seems really harsh - what would you do?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...icles-way.html
Old 16 November 2010, 08:13 PM
alan.g.01
Scooby Regular

i,d probably do same good luck to him
Old 16 November 2010, 08:15 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

I dont think I would have shunted the car out of the way. Thats just dangerous, especially near a school!

A polite notice would be where I would have begun.

If that was to fail then it would be a not so polite notice informing them that all of their tyres have are now flat due to no air being in them.

Will more than likely guarantee that they wont park there again, lol.

All be it, my garage would still be blocked until the car was moved.
Old 16 November 2010, 08:18 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

"you can’t go taking the law into your own hands"

End of. As much as it's a pain and an inconvenience having people park in front of his garage, that ain't the way to deal with it (especially under cctv etc!)

I used to find people parked in front of my garage all the time, they don't really do it anymore and I never had to shunt any cars out of the way!
Old 16 November 2010, 08:18 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

I've done the very same thing recently .... But towed instead of pushed

Arrived home to find some clown had dumped/parked his peugeot 106 in front of my garage. Towed him out the way but didn't damage his car (too badly )

Forester v 106 hmmmmmm?

Does seem a little harsh on the pensioner though
Old 16 November 2010, 08:42 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Shame this generation does not have the same *****.
Old 16 November 2010, 09:46 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Been there , and almost done that...

I took it the calm way and spoke to the female owner, and asked if they wouldnt park there again...

My ex took it her way and went off one one, and threatened to move the car forcibly.... I had to drag her away lol..

About 5 minutes later we were going to the shops, and saw the owner

going over to the garages, with her other half , he looked well p*ssed

off, and up for trouble.

I made my ex stay well away for a few days!!

MArt
Old 16 November 2010, 09:52 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

Fair play to him.
Old 16 November 2010, 10:23 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Fair play indeed to the old git. Some ignorant tossers have blocked him, a ban seems harsh. Bet he wouldn't have done it though if he was an impreza owner who had spent four hours polishing it the day before. Would you risk your bumper?
Old 17 November 2010, 12:15 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I'd remove the cores from all four schrader valves (leaving them on the roof so no theft/damage has ocurred).

If they disadvantage me, its only fair I disadvantage them?

Not sure on legalities, but if a car was parked was on my land, I could assume it was abandoned and take possession of it, or at the very least impose parking charges/penalties

Last edited by ALi-B; 17 November 2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 17 November 2010, 12:26 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Good on him. I sometimes want to drive the 4x4 into cars that are parked blocking our driveway, one day maybe I will I know what will come off worse.
Old 17 November 2010, 12:32 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Feel for him. It must be really frustrating. If I had been in a similar situation I would have left a note on the screen the first time and either got a lift or cabbed it to wherever I was going and then installed one of those metal posts with a padlock that drop down when unlocked.
Old 17 November 2010, 12:42 AM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

I completely agree with what he did. Trouble with leaving a polite note is it doesn't help if its different drivers/cars doing it on a regular basis.

I appreciate the courts can't encourage this sort of behavior, this is where I would have liked to see the poxy sentences you hear on Road Wars etc of 20 hours community service or something like that. Justice served and no serious harm done to the old boy.

The punishment seems way over the top in this case.
Old 17 November 2010, 01:01 AM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

:/ See TWOCers and joyriders on likes of road wars etc get off lighter than he did.
Old 17 November 2010, 01:05 AM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

So you completely agree with what he did even though there is a school with young kids just over the road!?!?!?

Doubt you would think the same if a child, or even your child got stuck under the car that was being forced out of the way.

I understand his frustrations but that was not a well thought out plan of attack and he deserved what he got. Simple.
Old 17 November 2010, 01:21 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Would he have said

.....I DON'T BELIEVE IT..!!!!
Old 17 November 2010, 01:26 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoZZa
So you completely agree with what he did even though there is a school with young kids just over the road!?!?!?

Doubt you would think the same if a child, or even your child got stuck under the car that was being forced out of the way.

I understand his frustrations but that was not a well thought out plan of attack and he deserved what he got. Simple.
For what it's worth, I agree. I totally understand how annoyed he may have felt, but you can't put others at risk because you are annoyed with an ignorant ******.
Old 17 November 2010, 02:04 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I'd love to have put a jack under it, moved it to get the car out of the garage, put the Ka in the garage, then put it back outside at a later date

I did nudge my old neighbour's Cinquecento a few times! She would parked it in the middle of a gap big enough for two cars so I used to move it up a bit...in fairness it was an old ******* and the handbrakes on them didn't work when they left the factory so no damage was done...and she was a cow!
Old 17 November 2010, 08:47 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

With a school nearby it probably happens to him on a daily basis. I used to have to take my Dad to the post office to collect his pension and when I was unfortunate enough to take him when the schools were kicking out , I would regularly be blocked in by some ignorant ******* who was too lazy to park a few hundred yards up the road so she could pick her kids up.
Old 17 November 2010, 08:51 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

standard practice that in France.
Old 17 November 2010, 08:55 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i think he perhaps went a bit too far. can the council tow the car for being an obstruction?
Old 17 November 2010, 08:55 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet

If i was him i would of set fire to it after moving said car
Old 17 November 2010, 09:02 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Good on the old fella. It was just selfish for someone to keep parking in front of his garage like that.
The sentence was ludicrous though. Far to harsh. He should have been offered a job removing other stupid folks cars out of the way
Old 17 November 2010, 09:09 AM
Lady Luck
Scooby Regular

Had it been a young 17yr old in a ****box who had done it, there would have been much more of a furore over it.

I used to have the same problem with a garage not adjoined to my flat, when they shut the truckstop on the A1 (Washington) the truckers used to find places to park up, and they used to love the huge gap inbetween all the garages.

I used to have an air horn. I would stand repeatedly blasting it outside their cab until they woke their lazy ***** up and moved out of the way. See juggernauts kinda block 5/6 garages in one go!!!

I'm on the fence with this one.... hats off to him for taking action, but that is totally out of order in the manner in which he did it. It's not even technically his own private property so the area in front of the garage is surely free for all?

Saying that, what dip**** parks up in front of someones garage and blocks it in, unless its your own / neighbours on agreement.

Old 17 November 2010, 09:28 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

id have had a clamp in the garage if this had happenedso much, clamp the muppets. after all, its private property. but i have shunted persons in the past, when i had my 4x4 and persons completly blocked me in or parked in my space

no one reads letters left in windows, nose up in the air to them. done that it and thats what i've got. all you get told is, you dont own the road!!!

tell the counsil, no joy either.

fair play to the guy.
its irelivent there being a school there.
what if he had to get some where in a hurry?
Old 17 November 2010, 10:47 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I think it is relevent, because more often than not its mumsies on teh school run who block drives and entrances or cause obstructions. They are so ignorant and when confronted just hurl abuse back at you even when they are clearly in the wrong. They just don't give a s**t to anyone as long as it doesn't affect themselves and their "precious" kids.

Its just bone idle ignorance that they don't park further away and walk their kids the to/from the scchool gates.

Its often the same ignorant hyporcrits that complain about speeding boyracers, but its often the mums doing the speeding when they are late on the school run; and they don't adapt to poor road condition if its wet, or even icy!
Old 17 November 2010, 11:12 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by dabow
id have had a clamp in the garage if this had happenedso much, clamp the muppets. after all, its private property. but i have shunted persons in the past, when i had my 4x4 and persons completly blocked me in or parked in my space

no one reads letters left in windows, nose up in the air to them. done that it and thats what i've got. all you get told is, you dont own the road!!!

tell the counsil, no joy either.

fair play to the guy.
what if he had to get some where in a hurry?
And what about the people he inconvenienced by blocking the road? What about where they may have been going? By his actions, whilst somewhat understandable, he has made himself just as selfish as the **** that blocked him in.

And a school being there does have some relevance. Parents with children are passing by (not all of them will be selfish and blocking people in), would we all be in such full support if the car had hit a child passing, a child he most likely would not/could not have seen?

I have no sympathy for the person whose car was damaged, however one selfish act doesn't always justify another. Perhaps the punishment may not have been quite so harsh had this happened in a more secluded area, but agree or not, his actions have caused an obstruction and put others in danger, all because he was pissed off.

Perhaps what also factors in, is two weeks later he did the same thing to another car, and apparently in the trial this was noted:

Giving evidence in the trial, Pemberton said he was unaware of the presence of pedestrians when he carried out the manoeuvres.
Old 17 November 2010, 11:19 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Reading the comments just about sums it up.
Old 17 November 2010, 12:20 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Used to have this all the time with the school opposite my mum and dads when I lived there, going out in the morning and there was a car across the drive, parents stood gabbing whilst I tried to locate the owner, trying to turn, cars either side a guy coming the other way wouldnt reverse ten feet so I could turn, got out, locked my car and went inside leaving it in the middle of the road.

Used to drive us mad, when it was a private school the parenta were the worst, the sense of entitlement, the ignorance and the I will do what I please mentality.
Old 17 November 2010, 12:26 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Frustrating im sure but a bit daft to put it actually into the road

id have been tempted to trolly jack it sidweawys tho