Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any good current Virgin Media deals/offers/prices?

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2010, 07:18 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good current Virgin Media deals/offers/prices?

I'm a current (and happy enough) Virgin Media customer. Had broadband for a couple of years after ******* Sky and BT off

I'm looking to getting my landline and TV through them too now but can only seem to see offers for new customers

Me and the Mrs would like to keep out current internet as it's fast enough for what we want (upto 10mb for £20 a month). We're looking at getting the XL TV package as it covers music and documentary channels for her and I'd like the Sky Sports channels for football etc. Seems for the SS or Movie channels you pay around £20 seperately or £27 for the pair - figures, so thinking about both

Phoneline is hardly used but would prefer to have it all through VM and at £11.99 a month it's about the same as I pay now via Southern Electric on a BT landline (notice above how I don't like BT ).

Any advice appreciated - gonna ring them this week as I have a couple of weeks holidays starting next week.

Ta

Andy

P.S. Sky is out of the question.
Old 27 July 2010, 07:51 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 27 July 2010, 07:56 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

I'd love to have the option of a different provider, bloody Kingston Comms for both phone and internet
Old 27 July 2010, 08:13 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

You could try the old favorite.
Call them & say you are leaving because you can get what you want from another supplier(do some homework & provide names) at lower price,wait for their comments .Say you will stay if they offer you the deal on the web.
This has worked for me before.
Old 27 July 2010, 08:13 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

my brother just got his phone tv hd box and internet off them £55 all in after telling them he got offered it for £60 off sky
Old 27 July 2010, 08:23 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Hmm, so I can work out what I want and what it would cost to just do it online (but get a deal so to speak). Then price it up for Sky.

Do I give some bull5hit excuse then and say Sky are offering it less. Just want a good deal thats all, as others on here have done it. Happy with the internet but would like the Sports channels on top of the freeview ones I have at the min (which isn't many as freeview is pants really).
Old 27 July 2010, 08:32 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

My brother only had basic tv and phone line after telling them about skys offer for everything and he was just goin to go with sky he ended up with the full package sports movies and the recordable hd box phone line and basic 10meg broadband for£55 just because he said he was leaving to go with sky
Old 27 July 2010, 08:45 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by peter zippy reid
My brother only had basic tv and phone line after telling them about skys offer for everything and he was just goin to go with sky he ended up with the full package sports movies and the recordable hd box phone line and basic 10meg broadband for£55 just because he said he was leaving to go with sky
Just done a breakdown for what I'd like and on the net it comes at £75 for Virgin (TV, broadband and phone) and £65.50 for the Sky equivalent.
Old 27 July 2010, 08:52 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

That what he did now you have the info you need so they know your not just making it up they will do you a deal they dont want to lose customers after the money they have just spent upgrading there tv security making dodgy boxes useless not that i had one cough
Old 27 July 2010, 08:56 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

That what he did now you have the info you need so they know your not just making it up they will do you a deal they dont want to lose customers after the money they have just spent upgrading there tv security making dodgy boxes useless not that i had one cough
I don't mind paying for a decent service as I've found Virgin Media better than Sky and BT in the past. But if I can drive a better deal then why not try, especially if they almost expect a haggle.

Will call them tomorrow, hopefully have a terrible birthday and be miserable ready for bartering
Old 27 July 2010, 08:59 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Good luck
Old 27 July 2010, 09:50 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM me your VM email address and I'll get someone to call you !
Old 27 July 2010, 10:04 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I got the M Broadband, up to 10mb I think. but I regularily get speeds of 8.5mbs and above, so no complaints. Also got the basic phoneline, free weekends to landlines, and the XL Tv packages with a V+ HD box. This was after I called them and they said they want 75 quid for it, so ordered Sky, when I went to cancel VM, they offered me the above for 40.27.
so I had to call Sky to cancel them.
I asked the woman, why didn't you offer this in the first place, it was an Indian call centre, that told me to go with Sky if its better! She sais alway go through to cancellations to get a deal. told them I wanted a wireless router too, they done it.
Old 27 July 2010, 10:28 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
PM me your VM email address and I'll get someone to call you !
Erm nor sure what it is mate. I tried logging into my virgin media today several times and the page wouldn't load. I have my account number etc as I get ebilling on my hotmail addy.
Old 27 July 2010, 10:46 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

the e-mail system was down today mate automated message when my bro was getting his deal
Old 28 July 2010, 06:38 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Erm nor sure what it is mate. I tried logging into my virgin media today several times and the page wouldn't load. I have my account number etc as I get ebilling on my hotmail addy.
ok hotmail address then ..

the e-mail system was down today mate automated message when my bro was getting his deal

Email wasn't down, the SSL connection was, so anyone using the new VM pop and smtp settings couldn't connect.
Old 29 July 2010, 03:58 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately I've not really got anywhere with this. Me and Mark (Pimmo) have pm'ed and he had a lady phone me just now. Best I could get was free installation but £75 a month - I'm not paying all that for TV, internet and phone, it's not worth it IMHO. So unless it comes down I'll prolly just keep my internet or see what Sky would offer.
Old 29 July 2010, 04:08 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Go through the cancellations dept like I suggested. The only way the package you want differs to mine is becuase you want the sports channels, which are something like £16 each or something stupid.
Old 29 July 2010, 04:13 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
Go through the cancellations dept like I suggested. The only way the package you want differs to mine is becuase you want the sports channels, which are something like £16 each or something stupid.
Yeah, pretty much. The sports and movie packages are £20 each or both for £27 so a no brainer really - may as well have both. Pimmo and the lady on the phone have both said the system is problematic today so will call tomorrow or the weekend to look at cancelling. Retentions will hopefully me more welcoming with a deal as she was adament her hands were tied.
Old 03 August 2010, 11:58 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I'm just on the phone to them at the minute and it seems I've got them down to £65 all in. Thats for every channel XL including Sky Sports and Sky Movies, L broadband, L phone landline, and I've swindled a free V+HD box and everything installed free. Just trying to get a slot for installation as I'm quite happy with the lower price and other goodies. Maybe could have pushed for more (say another 5er) but it means fannying around all day (again) calling Sky and Virgin Media.