Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Florida

Old 12 September 2015, 02:49 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida

Currently on my hols, absolutely love the place. This is the 3rd time I've been now. The first time was the usual parks / Disney etc, which was mega, but I like to get out and go to other destinations, which is what I've been doing.

I highly recommend Gatorland, Kennedy space centre (EXTREMELY recommended), Bok Tower, an airboat ride, Daytona beach, Clearwater beach, fantasy of flight and a prob a few more that I haven't been to yet.

How many more of you guys have been and what places do you recommend?
Old 12 September 2015, 03:59 PM
4u2nv2
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

new town kissame, have a hot rod muscle car show on a friday/sat night. great night out, was there xmas just gone, loved florida but mexico was a lot nicer...
Old 12 September 2015, 04:58 PM
b3nmw
Scooby Regular

Love it out there m8, been twice hopefully big family holiday next time. Done Disney and universal, water parks and Busch gardens. Had an extended holiday the 2nd time I was out there, volcano ash cloud. Stayed with Mrs relatives for abit. Done clear water on 1st visit. Highlight was swimming with the Dolphins. The food is really gd to
Old 14 September 2015, 12:06 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

If you don't mind a bit of a drive and perhaps an overnight hotel bill. Get yourself down to Naples. Well nice.

We own a rental out there in Kissimmee and have done the parks to death so like to venture out a bit more nowadays. Naples was lovely.

Mark
Old 14 September 2015, 03:48 AM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
If you don't mind a bit of a drive and perhaps an overnight hotel bill. Get yourself down to Naples. Well nice.

We own a rental out there in Kissimmee and have done the parks to death so like to venture out a bit more nowadays. Naples was lovely.

Mark
I've been to old town and down town kissimee today, both lovely (but different) places. Loved old town kissimee tonight, went to a 'show and shine' event. Although not that many cars, the atmosphere was buzzing, and everyone is so pleasant and courteous. No chavs causing trouble or gobbing off, no one trying to fight the world, nobody throwing up or pi$$ing in the street, it was great. Everyone of all ages just chilling out and having a good time.
Old 14 September 2015, 06:52 AM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

In going on Thursday actually. Staying on Disney with all the park tickets but also have a day trip to Kennedy and a sunrise hot air balloon booked. Really looking forward to it.