Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Upstaris flat/apartment must have a leak.

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2010, 10:59 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upstaris flat/apartment must have a leak.

Noticed the kitchen light hanging a little loose the other day and thought nothing of it, the missus has just spotted brown water stains up above the cupboards with a fresh smattering of mould growing on it.

Upstairs layout is exactly the same as ours, so it is probably a kitchen leak?

Am i right in thinking this is going to be a total ball ache?

I rent, so i should speak with the landlady, she must then contact the management company? who then contact the owner of the upstairs leak?

Nobody has lived upstairs since before christmas, although the past 2 days we have had a white van parked outside, with an old bloke constantly going upstairs with various bits and bobs, not sure if he is moving in, or tarting the place up for the owners.
Old 26 May 2010, 11:18 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Might as well have a chat with the old bloke, see what's what and fill him in (not literally of course).
Old 02 June 2010, 07:29 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

This is proving to be a right nightmare

Upstairs was recently sold, the new owners have had the painters in cleaning it up, they have been in contact with the management company saying they dont think it is from their property, anyway, ours is getting worse.

So the upstairs owners dad ?!? was sent around today to look for a leak, i brought him into ours to look at the wrecked ceiling, its also now spreading to another room

"ohh right its from this area"

Anyway he is off upstairs and i hear all manner of banging and clattering for a while, when he returns he says that his roof is also starting to go, and behind all his cupboards his walls are damp, so it looks like we have to go up another level and pester the people above him
Old 02 June 2010, 08:07 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I had this a few years ago. Guy moved out and a day or so later I heard a dripping noise. Sounded like it was coming from upstairs, so I poked my kitchen ceiling, and it was soft.

Knowing the guy had moved, and not knowing how to contact him I first phoned the management company but they didn't have his number, so I called the police to kicj his door in. The couldn't help but suggested I call 999 and ask for the Fire brigade.

Did so, and 5 mins later they were smashing his door down. Kitchen floor was flooded, as was most of trhe carpets. He'd took his washing machine with him, and not turned off the Stop tap properly.

Luckily now damage to my flat other that a little bit in the Kitchen. All taken care of by the insurance company.

That's the 2 problems with living in flats. You'll either get flooded by the flat upstairs (unless you live upstairs) or it gets burned down by some stupid ****** setting fire to his/her flat.