Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bloody Cyclists

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2009, 10:16 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bloody Cyclists

Before all of you cyclists get on your high horses, I was cycling and then running when I spotted these cyclists.

Twice I spotted a cyclist run a red light, deliberately, they stopped, quick look and then made a dash through the oncoming traffic.

Another one cycling on the pavement where it ws just wide enough for one pedestrian, ie me running home and ending up on the road so the bloody cyclist didn't knock me down.

And finally, the moron who had more bike lights fitted than a WRC on a night stage, and they were all off depsite it being dark.

What's more ironic, these moron who take chances with their lives clearly think it is not a drama because they have cycle helmets on, shame they are not purple ones

No wonder cars aren't considerate to us cyclists when there is morons like this around.
Old 19 March 2009, 10:18 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I think keiran burns is the worst of them...stone him !!!
Old 19 March 2009, 10:20 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SwissTony
Throw the bike at them,,,,,,,,,,,,i mean book
Old 19 March 2009, 10:21 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now if you say: "bloody idiots on bikes" then I'd agree

A cyclist wouldn't do those bloody stupid things. A complete **** who happened to be on a bike would.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen stupid maneouvers on two wheels and stood there dumbstruck.

The worst of it is: everyone else on the bike gets to suffer. One poor sod over on BikeRadar got spat at today....
Old 19 March 2009, 10:22 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by SwissTony

Who's that then? Someone else on this forum with a similar but not quite the same name on this forum?
Old 19 March 2009, 10:23 PM
darts_aint_sport
Scooby Regular

I was walking down a cycle lane today (no pavement access due to buildingworks, so it's either walk on the road or on the cycleway) and some absolute nobber cycles nearly right into me from behind, no bell, no warning, didn't even look back to acknowledge me as he went on his way. The road the cycle lane runs alongside is one-way in the direction he was going in, and there was no traffic. Happens nearly every day while the construction has been going on. Don't think cyclists know the meaning of the word 'dismount'.
Old 19 March 2009, 10:31 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Bloody Cyclists
Funny, that's how most end up in London, either under a bendy bus or over a car bonnet !

Worst one was a set of handle bars through the stomach on old brompton road..
Old 19 March 2009, 10:35 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by darts_aint_sport
I was walking down a cycle lane today (no pavement access due to buildingworks, so it's either walk on the road or on the cycleway) and some absolute nobber cycles nearly right into me from behind, no bell, no warning, didn't even look back to acknowledge me as he went on his way. The road the cycle lane runs alongside is one-way in the direction he was going in, and there was no traffic. Happens nearly every day while the construction has been going on. Don't think cyclists know the meaning of the word 'dismount'.
Well if these people knew the rules of the road (or cycle path) they would know that a pedestrian has right of way.

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
Yes okay, heat of the moment, but you know what I mean
Old 19 March 2009, 10:40 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
Funny, that's how most end up in London, either under a bendy bus or over a car bonnet !

Worst one was a set of handle bars through the stomach on old brompton road..
And from what I see on my London trips they generally deserve it. I watched a copper stand behind a tree on embankment, wait for the nobbers on bikes to jump the red light and then he pulled them all over and promptly ranted at them for half an hour. I hope they where all late
Old 19 March 2009, 10:55 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Who's that then? Someone else on this forum with a similar but not quite the same name on this forum?
I couldn't write the right name due to the 'name and shame' policy on SN
Old 19 March 2009, 11:35 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Central London is shocking for "***** on bikes" and their behaviour.
They come at you from all angles, then throw dirty looks when you dare use the road yourself.

Im not gonna get started on the whole rant thing, its been a bad day lol.

The worst I have seen yet ! http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/e...oandpic002.jpg

Last edited by Snazy; 19 March 2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 20 March 2009, 02:08 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
And from what I see on my London trips they generally deserve it. I watched a copper stand behind a tree on embankment, wait for the nobbers on bikes to jump the red light and then he pulled them all over and promptly ranted at them for half an hour. I hope they where all late
And therein lies the problem. Do that in a car and it's points on your licence and a fine. Do it on a bike and you get ... ranted at. Take the ***** to court and fine them properly and maybe then most of them will stop riding like *****.
Old 20 March 2009, 07:42 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Or at least make them dismount and (legally) walk through the red light.
Old 20 March 2009, 09:48 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Given up ranting at other cyclists.

I assume Darwins little idea will eventually remove them from the gene pool.

My current rating for 2009 is around 60% are complete *****. This is an improvement on last year which saw around 70% doing ultra stupid things but then again Edinburgh sees a slightly less moronic brand of cyclist in comparison to London. I've given up making comments at other cyclists when they go through the red lights etc as they are that stupid it ain't going to sink in.

Has to be said I'm seeing more and more behaing themselves and wearing high vis stuff

Si
Who sports High vis and Lights on all year round, stops at red lights and follows that highway code thingy that most cyclists haven't heard of. And has total contempt for the ****** (normally students dressed in high vis black )
Old 20 March 2009, 09:52 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

I ran into work this morning and nearly got taken out by one of these nobbers as he came flying around the corner, on the pavement. He got a piece of my mind and then happily cycled off on the pavement in the same direction as the traffic.
Old 20 March 2009, 09:56 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

A stick through his front spokes will ensure he doesn't cycle off so happily the next time, or a nicely placed shove as he cycles by

Sorry mate, didn't see you, didn't expect to see a cyclist on the pavement

Then run off happily
Old 20 March 2009, 10:06 AM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

A cyclist wouldn't do those bloody stupid things. A complete **** who happened to be on a bike would.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen stupid maneouvers on two wheels and stood there dumbstruck.

The worst of it is: everyone else on the bike gets to suffer. One poor sod over on BikeRadar got spat at today....
quite agree, it's idiots who happen to be using bikes.
I see loads of old women jumping light in York, but of course you're only allowed to blame those who are young and male
Old 20 March 2009, 01:49 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Being on a bike doesnt make you a "cyclist", it makes you a POB "Pedestrian On a Bike", the word Cyclist conveys some kind of enthusiasm or capability to ride a Bike with some skill and consideration.

There is no test to ride a bike an the road, there is one for driving a car but it seems that isnt overely effective anyway judging by some of the tricks people pull. So cyclists can be grannies on shoppers, kids on BMX's, drunk old men at closing time, paperboys, people to thick to pass the driving test, London image types on fixies, Roadies, MTB'ers etc etc etc, there is a great deal of variability in skill and intelligence, some are just *****.

I drive as well as cycle, generally its other drivers that annoy me, rarely cyclists as there are comparatively few but I have been really peeved at gangs of roadies riding two abreast gabing, swigging from water bottles and ignoring the three mile tailback behind them.

I personally wont run a red light, I try to keep out of the way, I thank considerate drivers with a little wave to acknowledge their patience.

Like it or not we are here, we arent going to stop as it may inconvenience someone, we may as well all get on, behave and chill, unlike the 3 series that went past me this morning using most of the road coming towards me doing probably 80 in 40, a **** is a ****, regardless of what vehicle it is aiming at the time.

Try it, you may like it, sure beats sitting in a queue of cars.

I drive a car as we
Old 20 March 2009, 02:27 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I reckon the idiot behaviour of many cyclists is matched only by that of pedestrians who treat main roads as though they are pedestrian precincts and regularly walk across the road with their back to the traffic without bothering to even look first! Thats if they are not walking along the middle of the road anyway!

Les
Old 20 March 2009, 02:51 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Dragging the Google Streetview and Cyclists threads together i bring you:

Map - Google Sightseeing

Old 20 March 2009, 06:24 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

I always stop at red lights when cycling, gives me time to catch my breath a bit
Old 20 March 2009, 06:53 PM
spireite
BANNED

A bloody bikeist nearly knocked my 8 year old over on the pavement last week . They're not all bad though just 99% that Kieran Burns is the worst Swiss told me