Penalty Charge Notcie 99J from mugs at Ealing Council

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2008, 04:29 PM
mwinter7
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Penalty Charge Notcie 99J from mugs at Ealing Council

delete

Last edited by mwinter7; 03 May 2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: ....
Old 29 August 2008, 04:34 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Well I think you've just about covered it, crack on.
Old 29 August 2008, 04:46 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

You aren't allowed to stop on the white zig-zag lines at a crossing.

You aren't the guy fined for not parking properly in this thread are you?

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ml#post8097399
Old 29 August 2008, 04:50 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Mate of mine got 3 points for doing that. Seeing as you know you commited an offence you have to do the right thing and cough up...
Trying to dodge your responsibilities would make you part of what is intrinsically wrong with this country today...
Old 29 August 2008, 04:54 PM
mwinter7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
You aren't allowed to stop on the white zig-zag lines at a crossing.

You aren't the guy fined for not parking properly in this thread are you?

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ml#post8097399
nah thats not me
Old 29 August 2008, 04:56 PM
mwinter7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Mate of mine got 3 points for doing that. Seeing as you know you commited an offence you have to do the right thing and cough up...
Trying to dodge your responsibilities would make you part of what is intrinsically wrong with this country today...
Whats wrong with this country is the government in charge, if they used the money for something usefull than i wouldnt have a probem paying it, as if i dont pay enough tax as it is
Old 29 August 2008, 05:21 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Any more obscure reasons for not wanting to pay the fine for knowingly commiting a driving offence?
Old 29 August 2008, 07:20 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

do the crime pay the fine, if you know that parking on the zigzags is an offence, or if speeding over the limit is too, if you get caught bad luck if you get away with it then you have had good luck either way the only way to be sure of not getting fined is don't do it simple as.
If you feel so strongly that they are in the wrong go to the court and plead your case, either way its again another luck or not situation.
Old 29 August 2008, 11:31 PM
mwinter7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magepaster
Any more obscure reasons for not wanting to pay the fine for knowingly commiting a driving offence?
yeh
Old 29 August 2008, 11:46 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

You cant expect sympathy for doing something as stupid/selfish/idle/dangerous as stopping on zigzgs, surely?
Old 30 August 2008, 12:13 AM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mwinter7
yeh
Ye(a)h what? More obscure reasons? Like what?

At least no kids got killed this time? At least you have proof they are pickin' on you? At least you had some company while being issued the fine as all your friends stopped talking to you for being an **** an parking in front of schools and crossings just becasue you can?
Old 30 August 2008, 10:09 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did they catch you?
Old 30 August 2008, 10:33 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Anybody know of any loopholes to get me out of paying £50 to the con merchants that are ealing council. Its for being temporarily stopped on zig zag lines to allow my mate to jump out quite some distance before the lights/crossing, where i was putting no ones life at risk. I was thinking going along the lines of that the markings do not meet the government regulations therefore voiding the charge. Ive read about this somewhere online that if the lines are not measured precisely it will void the charge. Even if im wrong it will have been worth a go as i have got out of a parking ticket using similar grounds.
cheers
Of course its really annoying, but the point is, you put yourself deliberately in the position of breaking the law, it is as simple as that. It is necessary to have laws to run a civilised society and if you break them you can expect the penalty. The zig zags are there for a perfectly reasonable purpose and not to deliberately make money out of the motorist like so many of the speedcams.

Of course you can try to wriggle out of it but I don't give much for your chances. You had better hope that you don't get points on your licence for dangerous parking!

Les
Old 30 August 2008, 10:58 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

Anybody know of any loopholes to get me out of paying £50 to the con merchants that are ealing council. Its for being temporarily stopped on zig zag lines to allow my mate to jump out quite some distance before the lights/crossing, where i was putting no ones life at risk. I was thinking going along the lines of that the markings do not meet the government regulations therefore voiding the charge. Ive read about this somewhere online that if the lines are not measured precisely it will void the charge. Even if im wrong it will have been worth a go as i have got out of a parking ticket using similar grounds.
cheers
Didn't your car "Stall" for the time you were on the zig zags?
Old 30 August 2008, 01:49 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Just count yourself lucky you're not getting 3 points for it and pay up.
Old 30 August 2008, 06:45 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Yes, like parking slightly out of kilt doesnt warrent taking 25 quid off someone.

Fining people for the most trivial of things has to stop, even more so when you find out the person who actioned these petty fines and so eagerly enforces them earns 224k a year! (he does in our council anyway!).

These tw@s lining their own pockets has to stop!
Old 30 August 2008, 08:43 PM
yoza
BANNED

The zig zags are a visual warning for drivers to let them know they are approaching a pedestrian crossing.
Your not supossed to stop on them, or the original idea gets slightly flawed...but you already know this.
Your plea for help is so you can evade the fine.
So its simple....it a visual warning so tell the magistrates when you were driving you where temporarily struck down by blindness, so obviously you slammed on. Tell them that your friend who jumped out of the car was infact Jesus Christ, who healed you as vehicle came to rest.
Tell them your mate Jesus ran off as he couldnt be doing with the publicity.
That should cover it really.
Old 30 August 2008, 09:00 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
Yes, like parking slightly out of kilt doesnt warrent taking 25 quid off someone.

Fining people for the most trivial of things has to stop, even more so when you find out the person who actioned these petty fines and so eagerly enforces them earns 224k a year! (he does in our council anyway!).

These tw@s lining their own pockets has to stop!

They didn't park "slightly out of kilt" they parked on "ZIG ZAG" lines. Even in the world of the "they're out to get us brigade" that is illegal.
Zig Zag lines aren't just painted ***** nilly, they are there as a visible warning that stopping there will put lives in danger by preventing full visibility for driver and pedestrian of the the surrounding dangers. There is NO reason good enough for parking on them.
Old 30 August 2008, 09:19 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Pay the fine.

This is one of those offences that I would like to see cracked down on as they genuinely put people at danger.

Live and learn!

Steve
Old 31 August 2008, 10:57 AM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

While I have sympathy for the guy who's been stung for poor parking (but as said there, justifiably) I have little sympathy for someone who parks on the zig-zag lines of a pedestrian crossing.

As Steve says above, it's putting people in danger and is an incredibly selfish thing to do.

Coming on here and asking for a way to avoid the consequences of your (his / whoever) actions just shows you've lost that link between being responsible and BEING responsible.
Old 31 August 2008, 08:08 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

cheers
238-252: Waiting and parking : Directgov - Travel and transport

Seems pretty black and white. You can't stop or park. Be aware that for some road markings, though they don't meet the regulations, the local authorities can apply to the Dept Transport for an exemption certificate.

There are other ways of fighting it potentially but really, you did it, you should pay for it. If a copper had spotted you it could have been worse.

J.
Old 01 September 2008, 09:12 AM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

They didn't park "slightly out of kilt" they parked on "ZIG ZAG" lines. Even in the world of the "they're out to get us brigade" that is illegal.
Zig Zag lines aren't just painted ***** nilly, they are there as a visible warning that stopping there will put lives in danger by preventing full visibility for driver and pedestrian of the the surrounding dangers. There is NO reason good enough for parking on them.
Please tell me that you are just trying to wind him up and this isn't your true personality.
Old 01 September 2008, 11:01 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Can't say fairer than that.

Les
Old 01 September 2008, 11:03 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by farmer1
Please tell me that you are just trying to wind him up and this isn't your true personality.

Explain??
Old 01 September 2008, 11:04 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol I think its all been said, but you "stopped" there, live with it. If you get off with it great, but would be interested to see the outcome if an appeal went to court..... 3 points possible I wonder ?