ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Penalty Charge Notcie 99J from mugs at Ealing Council (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/708996-penalty-charge-notcie-99j-from-mugs-at-ealing-council.html)

mwinter7 29 August 2008 04:29 PM

Penalty Charge Notcie 99J from mugs at Ealing Council

delete

FlightMan 29 August 2008 04:34 PM

Well I think you've just about covered it, crack on.

Iwan 29 August 2008 04:46 PM

You aren't allowed to stop on the white zig-zag lines at a crossing.

You aren't the guy fined for not parking properly in this thread are you?

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ml#post8097399

Abdabz 29 August 2008 04:50 PM

Mate of mine got 3 points for doing that. Seeing as you know you commited an offence you have to do the right thing and cough up...
Trying to dodge your responsibilities would make you part of what is intrinsically wrong with this country today...

mwinter7 29 August 2008 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Iwan (Post 8097824)
You aren't allowed to stop on the white zig-zag lines at a crossing.

You aren't the guy fined for not parking properly in this thread are you?

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ml#post8097399

nah thats not me

mwinter7 29 August 2008 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 8097831)
Mate of mine got 3 points for doing that. Seeing as you know you commited an offence you have to do the right thing and cough up...
Trying to dodge your responsibilities would make you part of what is intrinsically wrong with this country today...

Whats wrong with this country is the government in charge, if they used the money for something usefull than i wouldnt have a probem paying it, as if i dont pay enough tax as it is

magepaster 29 August 2008 05:21 PM

Any more obscure reasons for not wanting to pay the fine for knowingly commiting a driving offence?

PaulC72 29 August 2008 07:20 PM

do the crime pay the fine, if you know that parking on the zigzags is an offence, or if speeding over the limit is too, if you get caught bad luck if you get away with it then you have had good luck either way the only way to be sure of not getting fined is don't do it simple as.
If you feel so strongly that they are in the wrong go to the court and plead your case, either way its again another luck or not situation.

mwinter7 29 August 2008 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by magepaster (Post 8097890)
Any more obscure reasons for not wanting to pay the fine for knowingly commiting a driving offence?

yeh

GC8 29 August 2008 11:46 PM

You cant expect sympathy for doing something as stupid/selfish/idle/dangerous as stopping on zigzgs, surely?

magepaster 30 August 2008 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by mwinter7 (Post 8098714)
yeh

Ye(a)h what? More obscure reasons? Like what?

At least no kids got killed this time? At least you have proof they are pickin' on you? At least you had some company while being issued the fine as all your friends stopped talking to you for being an arse an parking in front of schools and crossings just becasue you can?

jjones 30 August 2008 10:09 AM

how did they catch you?

Leslie 30 August 2008 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by mwinter7 (Post 8097775)
Anybody know of any loopholes to get me out of paying £50 to the con merchants that are ealing council. Its for being temporarily stopped on zig zag lines to allow my mate to jump out quite some distance before the lights/crossing, where i was putting no ones life at risk. I was thinking going along the lines of that the markings do not meet the government regulations therefore voiding the charge. Ive read about this somewhere online that if the lines are not measured precisely it will void the charge. Even if im wrong it will have been worth a go as i have got out of a parking ticket using similar grounds.
cheers

Of course its really annoying, but the point is, you put yourself deliberately in the position of breaking the law, it is as simple as that. It is necessary to have laws to run a civilised society and if you break them you can expect the penalty. The zig zags are there for a perfectly reasonable purpose and not to deliberately make money out of the motorist like so many of the speedcams.

Of course you can try to wriggle out of it but I don't give much for your chances. You had better hope that you don't get points on your licence for dangerous parking!

Les

jods 30 August 2008 10:58 AM

Anybody know of any loopholes to get me out of paying £50 to the con merchants that are ealing council. Its for being temporarily stopped on zig zag lines to allow my mate to jump out quite some distance before the lights/crossing, where i was putting no ones life at risk. I was thinking going along the lines of that the markings do not meet the government regulations therefore voiding the charge. Ive read about this somewhere online that if the lines are not measured precisely it will void the charge. Even if im wrong it will have been worth a go as i have got out of a parking ticket using similar grounds.
cheers

Didn't your car "Stall" for the time you were on the zig zags? :norty:

SteveScooby 30 August 2008 01:49 PM

Just count yourself lucky you're not getting 3 points for it and pay up.

GC8WRX 30 August 2008 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by magepaster (Post 8097890)

Yes, like parking slightly out of kilt doesnt warrent taking 25 quid off someone.

Fining people for the most trivial of things has to stop, even more so when you find out the person who actioned these petty fines and so eagerly enforces them earns 224k a year! (he does in our council anyway!).

These tw@s lining their own pockets has to stop!:mad:

yoza 30 August 2008 08:43 PM

The zig zags are a visual warning for drivers to let them know they are approaching a pedestrian crossing.
Your not supossed to stop on them, or the original idea gets slightly flawed...but you already know this.
Your plea for help is so you can evade the fine.
So its simple....it a visual warning so tell the magistrates when you were driving you where temporarily struck down by blindness, so obviously you slammed on. Tell them that your friend who jumped out of the car was infact Jesus Christ, who healed you as vehicle came to rest.
Tell them your mate Jesus ran off as he couldnt be doing with the publicity.
That should cover it really.

magepaster 30 August 2008 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8099822)
Yes, like parking slightly out of kilt doesnt warrent taking 25 quid off someone.

Fining people for the most trivial of things has to stop, even more so when you find out the person who actioned these petty fines and so eagerly enforces them earns 224k a year! (he does in our council anyway!).

These tw@s lining their own pockets has to stop!:mad:

They didn't park "slightly out of kilt" they parked on "ZIG ZAG" lines. Even in the world of the "they're out to get us brigade" that is illegal.
Zig Zag lines aren't just painted willy nilly, they are there as a visible warning that stopping there will put lives in danger by preventing full visibility for driver and pedestrian of the the surrounding dangers. There is NO reason good enough for parking on them.

Steve vRS 30 August 2008 09:19 PM

Pay the fine.

This is one of those offences that I would like to see cracked down on as they genuinely put people at danger.

Live and learn!

Steve

Kieran_Burns 31 August 2008 10:57 AM

While I have sympathy for the guy who's been stung for poor parking (but as said there, justifiably) I have little sympathy for someone who parks on the zig-zag lines of a pedestrian crossing.

As Steve says above, it's putting people in danger and is an incredibly selfish thing to do.

Coming on here and asking for a way to avoid the consequences of your (his / whoever) actions just shows you've lost that link between being responsible and BEING responsible.

vindaloo 31 August 2008 08:08 PM

cheers

238-252: Waiting and parking : Directgov - Travel and transport

Seems pretty black and white. You can't stop or park. Be aware that for some road markings, though they don't meet the regulations, the local authorities can apply to the Dept Transport for an exemption certificate.

There are other ways of fighting it potentially but really, you did it, you should pay for it. If a copper had spotted you it could have been worse.

J.

farmer1 01 September 2008 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by magepaster (Post 8100034)
They didn't park "slightly out of kilt" they parked on "ZIG ZAG" lines. Even in the world of the "they're out to get us brigade" that is illegal.
Zig Zag lines aren't just painted willy nilly, they are there as a visible warning that stopping there will put lives in danger by preventing full visibility for driver and pedestrian of the the surrounding dangers. There is NO reason good enough for parking on them.

Please tell me that you are just trying to wind him up and this isn't your true personality.

Leslie 01 September 2008 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by magepaster (Post 8100034)

Can't say fairer than that.

Les

TelBoy 01 September 2008 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by farmer1 (Post 8102117)
Please tell me that you are just trying to wind him up and this isn't your true personality.

Explain??

Snazy 01 September 2008 11:04 AM

lol I think its all been said, but you "stopped" there, live with it. If you get off with it great, but would be interested to see the outcome if an appeal went to court..... 3 points possible I wonder ?