Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Kleeneze........ Good or Bad?????

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2006, 06:26 PM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kleeneze........ Good or Bad?????

My g/f is thinking of taking it up, but i think its just anothe "multi level marketing" thing..........

anyone had experience of it?
Old 03 February 2006, 06:32 PM
lawson101
Scooby Regular

Round my door all the time, bought a couple of things like extractor filters etc just because I dont know where to buy them in the shops.
Old 03 February 2006, 06:36 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought it was the sort of job single mums and old retired men did for a bit of pocket money. the girl that knocks on my door smells of wee
Old 03 February 2006, 06:40 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by julian N/W wrx my93
My g/f is thinking of taking it up, but i think its just anothe "multi level marketing" thing..........

Don't know if it's marketing, goods are actually being sold. Personally I don't think it would be that profitable for the amount of hours. And then theres the walking the streets in the freezing cold and pissing rain to deliver catalogues and household gadgetory...

Not that appealing to me!
Old 03 February 2006, 06:45 PM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eClaire
Don't know if it's marketing, goods are actually being sold. Personally I don't think it would be that profitable for the amount of hours. And then theres the walking the streets in the freezing cold and pissing rain to deliver catalogues and household gadgetory...

Not that appealing to me!

thats what i thought.......

trying to explaine the multi layer earns thing to her.............

thaty if she "sponsers" people she will get part of what they turnover etc....... and so will the person about her.......
Old 03 February 2006, 06:47 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not much different to selling avon just less money
Old 03 February 2006, 06:51 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

It is a multi level thing.

My mum's partner decided to do it when he had to quit work follwing an operation, as something to do. starting off at the bottom doing the catalogue distribution and taking order etc.

The bad response from the general public in terms of abuse, hostility and rudeness had to be seen to be belived. OAPs, mothers...even the high class rich areas - where people were making it quite clear they didn't want these catalogue on their doorstep (what happened to manners and common courtesy in this country? : ). You really need a cast iron will to do it and block out all the abuse you get otherwise you won't last a week.

Also there is already alot of low-level distributors. And you'll quite easily tread on other peoples "patches" - and the lucrative areas are usually already being covered by others.

In terms of profit - the money is made is recruiting and on the high levls of the "pyramid" (like any business - it's like a pyramid - workers at the bottom, managers at the top ). YOu need to buy your catalogues and you need to satisfy the minimum order amount to get free delivery - otherwise there's a surcharge.

Bottom line is: you "could" make it work. But it needs ALOT of time and effort - too much to be worthwhile imo.

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 February 2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03 February 2006, 07:20 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Youve got a g/f

Originally Posted by julian N/W wrx my93

Old 03 February 2006, 07:29 PM
***scoobybabe***
Scooby Regular

Julian, my dog tried to eat my kleeneze man

Tell her not to do it!!!!
Old 03 February 2006, 07:32 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Thats weird. Kleeneze man just came and dropped something off for my mum! I **** you not!
Old 04 February 2006, 08:49 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny E
Youve got a g/f

She's actually nice as well
Old 04 February 2006, 11:12 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

My old man did it for a while and I remember going round his place one evening and you couldn't move in the front room for orders.

Seemed like alot of work for not much back IMO.

Just the same as my GF did Ann Summers. Made a little money but alot of hassle and constantly having no batteries in the TV remote!
Old 04 February 2006, 12:02 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
The bad response from the general public in terms of abuse, hostility and rudeness had to be seen to be belived. OAPs, mothers...even the high class rich areas - where people were making it quite clear they didn't want these catalogue on their doorstep (what happened to manners and common courtesy in this country? : ). You really need a cast iron will to do it and block out all the abuse you get otherwise you won't last a week.
Yes but then perhaps people are fed up with having catalogues that they didnt ask for shoved through their letterbox and then be expected to leave them out again. I dont like it for sure, if I wanted the ****e that kleeneze sell I woud make a point of looking for it, simple as that.

In terms of profit - the money is made is recruiting and on the high levls of the "pyramid" (like any business - it's like a pyramid - workers at the bottom, managers at the top ).
Yes but the biggest problem with MLM is what you mentioned in terms of 'stepping on others toes' its nothing like a traditional business in that sense because you never really know when you hit a saturation point with MLM, its alot of work for little reward and like all MLMs the big money is in the early joiners of a scheme. The stats are something like 95% of people who get involved with MLM fail.

Gary
Old 04 February 2006, 12:41 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

I have got a sign on my door that goes something like:

Neighbours, Friends and delivery drivers welcome,
All other people will be subject to abuse.
Kleeneze catalogues will be thrown in the bin.

Why should I spend time and money keeping my garden and drive clean for someone to come and chuck a catalogue on the floor and expect me to leave it there for week????
Old 04 February 2006, 01:44 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryK
Yes but then perhaps people are fed up with having catalogues that they didnt ask for shoved through their letterbox and then be expected to leave them out again. I dont like it for sure, if I wanted the ****e that kleeneze sell I woud make a point of looking for it, simple as that.

Gary
That is a very petty and poor excuse to back up anyone who is rude an abusive over nothing more than a free catalogue....do these people give the postman the same rude and violent behaviour when he shoves a load of junk mail thorugh the letterbox?

All it is needed is to politely tell the person or leave a visible note that they do not wish to have the calalogue - how hard is that?

Probably too hard for them to comprehend, and parents wonder why their kids show violent and abusive behaviour (monkey see, monkey do)
The distributor paid for the catalogue, so he/she would prefer to deliver it to houses who are more likely to oder from it.

Last edited by ALi-B; 04 February 2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05 February 2006, 12:21 PM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

thanks for the replys guys..........

i'll try and get her to get a proper job instead!
Old 05 February 2006, 12:44 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Disability seems to be the way to go

Fill in form, pass go, collect £200
Old 05 February 2006, 01:13 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

That is a very petty and poor excuse to back up anyone who is rude an abusive over nothing more than a free catalogue....do these people give the postman the same rude and violent behaviour when he shoves a load of junk mail thorugh the letterbox?
No, but then again, the postman isn't directly, personally responsible for the junk mail. I'd happily leave the peddlers of unwanted loans, credit cards, power and phone services in no doubt whatsoever what I think of them too, if their marketing execs were inclined to deliver their junk themselves.

All it is needed is to politely tell the person or leave a visible note that they do not wish to have the calalogue - how hard is that?
The first time, dead easy, no problem - so that's what I did. However, for reasons which are obvious, it's not long before someone else comes along and leaves their catalogue, and then another... get the idea?

Probably too hard for them to comprehend
Do you really think that? Really?

parents wonder why their kids show violent and abusive behaviour (monkey see, monkey do)
Maybe it's not such a good idea to be taking those kids door-to-door, then? Maybe there's a hint that could be taken here?

Sorry to come across as harsh, but I (along with plenty of other people, it would seem) really don't appreciate any kind of direct marketing. If I want to buy a product - any product - I go out to a shop and buy it, or do my research and order over the phone or on-line. I don't want or need companies contacting me directly; imagine if every company did the same?

On most occasions I do try to be polite, but sometimes (especially when it's the same company on more than one occasion), being interrupted or asked to do something for a company I couldn't give a toss about is an irritation I can well do without.

By the way, can I interest anyone in a range of fabulous new carpet pile rejuvenating products?
Old 05 February 2006, 03:03 PM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
i thought it was the sort of job single mums and old retired men did for a bit of pocket money. the girl that knocks on my door smells of wee
Old 05 February 2006, 06:25 PM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Just for a little bit of balance...

My wife does Kleeneze (and I help a bit) and has done it for over two years now. Very simple business to run and it becomes profitable after first 6 months. Many people quit because they expect to be making big money from day one. If you stick at it and build a good customer base then you get good repeat orders. You soon learn to avoid the people we record as **** (stands for Not Opened Book) Most people who don't want the books will tell you politely but their is always the tiny minority who have to be rude to you but you must get that in all businesses. The great thing is, it is easy to avoid these people by never going back near them.

Only spend 10-20 hours per week and easily make £200 per week. With more effort we could make more but we are too lazy so this has to do! Its basically the same as any other own small business in that you get out what you put in. It is flexible and allows you to do very little and earn very little or do a lot and earn a lot. Unfortunately, too many people expect the high earnings without the corresponding work effort.

Its certainly not for everyone and I agree that you do need to be thick skinned. However, you are out in the open air and you get to meet many interesting people.

Each to their own.
Old 06 February 2006, 01:13 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Crapaud62
you are out in the open air and you get to meet many...people.
Now you've put me off
Old 06 February 2006, 01:19 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

They always (along with betterware etc) get grumpy when they knock on the door for their catalogue and I tell them I used it to light the fire.
Old 06 February 2006, 01:48 PM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
They always (along with betterware etc) get grumpy when they knock on the door for their catalogue and I tell them I used it to light the fire.

Olly, if you can light a fire with a Kleeneze catalogue then you are a very clever man! The damn things are almost impossible to burn! I try to burn most of my rubbish but the catalogues are almost totally fireproof. I think I should make furniture out of them as they are so fireproof. Even soaking them in petrol and oil only burns the cover and the rest goes out.

I think they must deliberately make them fireproof to stop people burning them. Plus they give off special poisonous fumes to teach you not to do it!

I always use out of date books when I drop in a blind area. That way if someone keeps my catalogue then they've saved me the trouble of dumping it myself.

I find the free ad newspapers are much better firelighters.