Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tonight with Trev Mac

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2005, 10:38 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonight with Trev Mac

I know it got mentioned on here recently but did anyone watch Trevor MacDonald tonight on the Happy Slapping craze?

Jesus there's some sick fvckers out there
Old 12 May 2005, 10:49 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Kids these days do not realise the consequences of them "just have a laugh" has on other people.

Mind you, I think I could turn a blind eye if they Happy Slapped PS Lewis. Maybe then he would not moan so much
Old 12 May 2005, 10:52 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts

The 16 year old punk saying whilst laughing you gotta find these clips funny deserves a slap for sure
Old 12 May 2005, 10:55 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I thought I was an evil git by giving out false directions when I was a kid. I nearly killed myself laughing when I sent this old couple into a massive housing estate, with no exits other than than the one they used to enter it.

I know that was immature, but its just not on the same scale as what these people are doing. Shame they cannot use their brains to come up with a decent prank.
Old 12 May 2005, 10:56 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

Makes me want to turn vigilante.
Old 12 May 2005, 10:59 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I think we all did pranks when young but some of us knew where the line was. My line was always 'If I got caught hen what would happen?'. This stopped me from doing the really bad stuff and I always stopped short of harming anybody.

I can see how todays kids get out of hand though, you only have to see the bad parenting programme earlier to see where it all goes wrong

F
Old 12 May 2005, 11:02 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

If it happens to my lad at school I'd want to catch them, make them drop thier pants and film them being humiliated. I'd threaten to blue tooth the footage if they didn't behave... I'd make sure they didn't have any proof if they 'squealed' of course (not in a MJ/deliverance type of way either - just want to clear that up! )

F
Old 12 May 2005, 11:04 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

I think that we will be living in some sort of Vigilante state within the next 10 years, because the Government does not want to sort this problem out. In the end, it will have to go full circle.
Old 12 May 2005, 11:19 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

Originally Posted by dexter
I think that we will be living in some sort of Vigilante state within the next 10 years, because the Government does not want to sort this problem out. In the end, it will have to go full circle.
Something has to happen. Imagine what these kids kids are gonna be like....
Old 12 May 2005, 11:22 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

If one of those jumped up little ***** tried that on me i would honest to God beat all the little ******* up to the point where they stopped breathing.

It makes my blood boil.
Old 13 May 2005, 07:26 AM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

I watched that programme last night and having just finished reading Tony Robinson's excellent book on gang culture in the UK, it's a short step for these kids into organized crime albeit on the bottom rung. Pity that poor bloke they set fire to.
Old 13 May 2005, 07:48 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

I think there will always be stuff like this happening in the sub cultures of society, its just that we don't usually get to see it, thank god!

I heard on the radio that a large number of black children are going missing each year between the ages of 4 and 7 in the UK. They are brought in to the UK as part of a benefit fraud and then put into slavery, the sex trade and sometimes ritual sacrifice That's just pure evil and no amount of jail time will be a deterent here IMO

F
Old 13 May 2005, 07:56 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

My prophecy some time ago was that we would all need 10 foot fences around our properties and we would have to order all we needed to live on the internet to arrive in armoured trucks!

Les
Old 13 May 2005, 09:37 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least that pair that set fire to the poor bloke got 6 years inside! It's little compensation though for being scarred and in pain for the rest of your life.

Where does the law stand on this though? What can you legally do to defend yourself if you are attacked without ending up on an assault/public affray charge yourself?

It made my blood boil watching the programme and I thought - "Yeah, lets see you try that on me and you will be sorry" but in reflecting, most of the people were so stunned they were unable to respond, let alone defend themselves. I guess the best plan would be to stay alert and try to get away from the trouble.

I hope nobody on here ever becomes a victim of this
Old 13 May 2005, 09:50 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Stay alert and try to avoid these situations. The law can't react fast enough to help and it would be difficult to respond with appropriate and legal force. One idea could be to follow the culprit covertly, corner them and dish out retribution that can't be 'followed up' by the law or the culprit and then deny everything, but I wouldn't condone this action.

F
Old 13 May 2005, 09:57 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Thank goodness I live in a village.
Yes we do have yobs wandering trhough from time to time, but most of this slapping stuff does seem to centre on cities and towns.
Goes back to the old police presence argument. If they were patrolling as in the days of yore.......blah blah blah...... betcha, we wouldn't have half the yob culture problems we have now, that and firmer discipline from parents.
Old 13 May 2005, 10:58 AM
matt85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Floyd
. One idea could be to follow the culprit covertly, corner them and dish out retribution that can't be 'followed up' by the law or the culprit and then deny everything, but I wouldn't condone this action.

F
My thoughts exactly. I dont think the police would be overly bothered anyway as long as you didnt hit him so hard he got a speech impediment or something. A good slap wouldnt do them any harm at all.
Old 13 May 2005, 11:06 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Since this 'craze' revolves around recording the incidents on their phones. I'd imagine that destroying their mobile phone would put them off doing it again. I think if i got slapped, the perpetrator would get several harder slaps (the closed fist type ) back then have their phone smashed to pieces.

Wanakers.
Old 13 May 2005, 11:20 AM
white van man
Scooby Regular

Angry

Wasn't there a smaller scale version of this a few years ago, when the craze was to copy the first "you've been Tangoed" adverts. If I remember rightly they had to pull the adverts because some school kids ended up with perforated ear drums after being slapped with both hands on the side of the head.
Old 13 May 2005, 11:27 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Corporal punishment would be a solution!
Old 13 May 2005, 12:20 PM
03-CTR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt85
If one of those jumped up little ***** tried that on me i would honest to God beat all the little ******* up to the point where they stopped breathing.

It makes my blood boil.
i honestly think this is going to be the next thing on the news.

some little ***** is going to slap the wrong person and is going to end up getting the beating of his life sad thing is the law would probably favour the *****
Old 13 May 2005, 01:08 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I'll say it again then. Bring back the birch!

Les
Old 13 May 2005, 01:57 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by 03-CTR
i honestly think this is going to be the next thing on the news.

some little ***** is going to slap the wrong person and is going to end up getting the beating of his life sad thing is the law would probably favour the *****
I'll bet that's already happened mate! A friend witnessed an incident a while back where some teen chavs on a bus made a few unpleasant and unprovoked remarks towards a couple of 20-something men. From what I heard, the men didn't tolerate it and kicked 7 shades out of the group of Chavs, who were unprepared for any retaliation.

Tough poo as far as I'm concerend if you're going to be nasty to people for no reason, then sooner or later you're going to fall foul of your actions.

NS04
Old 13 May 2005, 02:01 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Discussed this one over lunch, we came up with this hypothetical situation:

Group of kids pick on person.
Person turns out to be a peado.
Person follows kids and abducts one.

Is this a case of "live by the sword, die by the sword"?
Old 13 May 2005, 02:25 PM
03-CTR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
I'll bet that's already happened mate! A friend witnessed an incident a while back where some teen chavs on a bus made a few unpleasant and unprovoked remarks towards a couple of 20-something men. From what I heard, the men didn't tolerate it and kicked 7 shades out of the group of Chavs, who were unprepared for any retaliation.

Tough poo as far as I'm concerend if you're going to be nasty to people for no reason, then sooner or later you're going to fall foul of your actions.

NS04
fantastic. all we need is a few more of these incidents and the thick barstewards might get the message.

i'm no tough guy but if one of those ******* slapped me round the face i'd go bloody ballistic.