Indian Restaurants near Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2004, 01:09 PM
Scooby300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indian Restaurants near Heathrow

Help me

I need to find a GOOD Indian that can seat 50 people near Heathrow, anyone know of one?

Thanks

Scooby300
Old 17 November 2004, 01:14 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Is Surbiton in Surrey too far away?

If not, I highly recommend The Red Rose on the Brighton Road in Surbiton.

They could take 50, but it will mean pre-booking and probably a week night so it doesn't impact on their weekend trade.
Old 17 November 2004, 01:21 PM
Scooby300
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Andy Tang]Is Surbiton in Surrey too far away?

If not, I highly recommend The Red Rose on the Brighton Road in Surbiton.

They could take 50, but it will mean pre-booking and probably a week night so it doesn't impact on their weekend trade.[/QUOTE

Thats going the wrong way, we are leaving Twickenham and heading back up the M25 / M1 to the Midlands but wanted to eat early (6ish) on the way back, it would be mid week.
Old 17 November 2004, 01:42 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ISTR Southall has the highest concentration of Asians in the UK, or at least in London. (Not fun driving there at 6pm on a weekday though!)

Hounslow not far behind.

Must be something there, I just don't know the area.

There you are, something vaguely constructive - I was initially going to post the web address of Indian Airlines
Old 17 November 2004, 02:02 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

I used to live in Hounslow. I'd recommend "Chillies" in Bath Road almost directly across from Hounslow West underground station. Mmmmmmm, Fish Pakora.....
Old 17 November 2004, 05:39 PM
SteveV-WRX
Scooby Regular

The is an absolutly cracking curry house on Boston Manor parade, which would well be on the way for you, but i'll be damned if i can remember the name of it.

Just found it, it's called PARAS

address is 23 Boston Manor Parade, Boston Manor Road, Hanwell, W7 2DG.

Tel is 0208 566 5068.

Absolutly cracking food, i'm a big curry fan and this is the second best i've ever had. Really nice and friendly staff.

I used to live a couple of doors down and was a very regular patron. : )

HTH

Steve
Old 17 November 2004, 08:53 PM
papascooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by douglasb
I used to live in Hounslow. I'd recommend "Chillies" in Bath Road almost directly across from Hounslow West underground station. Mmmmmmm, Fish Pakora.....
Shocking I was born and raised in Hounslow. No question the best place when I was living there (10 years ago now) was the Hounslow Tandoori (think that's waht it was called. On the bath road half a mile from the juntion with the Wellingotn Road (Wellington pub on the corner)

It won the best curry house in the uk at one point and i think had a michelin star aswell.

Anyway you're pretty safe anywhere round Hounslow/Southall - 99% of the curry houses are fantastic.

Where abouts did you live/drink/go to school doug?
Old 17 November 2004, 09:12 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

papascooby - If the place you're thinking of was about half a mile west along the Bath Road from the Wellington Road junction, we are probably thinking of the same restaurant. (I thought it was the Windsor Castle on the junction with Bath Road and that the Wellington was at Staines Road).

I moved to Hounslow in '88 and seem to remember the restaurant being called Hounslow Tandoori at that time. It changed its name to "Indian Rendezvous" around '91 and changed to "Chillies" about 3 years ago. (I've been away from Hounslow since 2000, but still keep in touch with old neighbours and meet up for a curry if I'm back in the area).

The exterior is sort of pink(ish) granite facing with smoked windows?

The owners (about 10 years ago) had another restaurant around Osterley and you are correct in saying that they won awards. "Indian Curry Chef of the Year" was (I think) the big one that they won.

It is definitely the best Indian restaurant in the area - and that is the best of a really good bunch. Scooby300 can't go wrong there. In the past, I've organised evenings out there where I've gone along in advance, chosen the menu, told them what we would pay and that there would be 15 of us; no problem whatsoever.

Went to school in Scotland but during my time in Hounslow lived just off Staines Road across the road from Hounslow Heath opposite the Garden Centre. Tended not to go out drinking much in the area, but sometimes went to the Duke of York in Martindale Road. Used the Moon Under Water after shopping in Safeway. Avoided the Hussar.
Old 17 November 2004, 09:49 PM
papascooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah that's the place and yeah it is the windsor castle - doh!

The moon was my local from 91-94 and I mean 8 pints a night local 'cept weekends when I'd drink a fair bit more. I remember waking up with one of the barmaids after a 72 hour bender Rowena - she was scots too

Don't drink now

Didn't the Hussar get closed down for the strippers firing ice cubes into pints over the bar?

I used to live in Bulstrode Avenue half a mile fromthe Bulstrode pub/Hounslow Central
Old 23 November 2004, 10:59 AM
Scooby300
Scooby Regular

thanks for your replies let you know how we get on
Old 23 November 2004, 04:24 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Sorry if I'm a bit behind on this one but - the Panahar Tandoori in Wraysbury

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c....x=10&out.y=15

Is FABULOUS! Would need to call first for 50 but great food and lovely people too!!

Old 23 November 2004, 09:57 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Default Too late?

Dont know if this is too late or not.

I would strongly recommend 'Madhu's' on South Road, Southall - not to be confused with 'Madhu's Brilliant' in Old Southall (there is a story there but not interesting enough to be told) The food is excellent, service is excellent, it really is a million miles away from the cheap and cheerful tandoori take away. I think quite sophisticated, without the snobbiness (or the prices) of central London places.

After that I would recommend 'Memories of India' in Osterley. This is quite a traditional but nice restaurant, but the menu is a bit more innovative, service is ok.

Born and brought up in Hounslow so know of all the places mentioned in this thread, also drunk in most of them too.

Some favourite (very traditional working class) watering holes in Hounslow included, The Bulstrode, Travellers Rest (RIP), The Chariot (RIP), The Bell, Ruby Tuesday, The Cross Lances, The Lord Palmerston, Duke Of Wellington, Coach and Horses, The Beaver, The North Star, the list goes on and on.

The new pubs are rubbish IMO.

Have fun.

Asif