Hey zhastaph

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2004, 08:50 PM
Kane
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey zhastaph

Hey m8...

Seen ya popping up now and then - how you m8? and How's she running? What you done to her since she left me? Seen some nice pics. Looks like a scoobysport system on now??? You going to rally day at castle coombe?
Old 27 July 2004, 08:52 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I miss this person too.He/she used to be a good laugh on Mupppets
Old 27 July 2004, 08:55 PM
Kane
Scooby Regular

Default yeh

Nice bloke from the IOW...keeping a nice hot scooby RA going nice and good.
Old 27 July 2004, 09:29 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ha

Hello, got your PM before I saw this.

To answer your question the car is fab mate, best purchase I ever did make in the whole of this year.

As for mods, she's largely the same as when I took her off your sweaty palms , the exhaust from the other scoob got transplanted on not long after getting her, she's then had an uprated fuel pump plus pressure reg and a Bob Rawle remap (1.4 bar boost). This has totally transformed the car, big style smoothed out the power delivery and the pickup coming out of corners is beyond belief

A few weeks ago I fitted the Godspeed 335mm brake conversion + braided hoses all round, i think they're still bedding in as each day I take her out they seem to get better and better, but to say the braking is eye popping is no exageration

I think next on the list is to take a trip up to PowerStation and get them to sort out the geometry, plus bump steer and anti lift.

Then, I don't know ........

..... I'm torn between going further on the power, turbo, intercooler, headers, gear box etc or stop there and look at changing her for a 1999 Lotus Espirit (the missus drives now so a 2 seater's an option).

I've just got me Swissol kit for her, so providing the weather holds up this week I'm gonna Swissol her then get some up to date photos for ya

I see you went for the Evo in the end to replace her, I'd love to see a pic, either on here or mail me one

Thanx for your patience whilst I organised the loan, I've loved the car to death since the day I had her, you can be sure she went to a VERY good home

I lost big style on the other Scoob, paid £12,500 for her initially, then ended up selling her for less than £10,00, somebody got a major bargain there with a 32,000 mile year 2000 scoob will all the extras, but ha that's life

BTW TurboHot, I keep toying with the idea of making a 'reappearence' in Muppets, the trouble is I know once I've wandered back in through that doorway I cant see me coming out again (I see Fig couldn't stay away either )
Old 27 July 2004, 09:59 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Looks like we'll have to kidnap zhast and drag him into muppets kicking and screaming...eh?

Old 27 July 2004, 10:13 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Bung us a couple of quid and we'll talk about it

Besides, I woz just giving you a chance to get a higher post count than me, seems I left it a little too long ......
Old 27 July 2004, 10:18 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Just a little too long!
Old 27 July 2004, 10:19 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

>BTW TurboHot, I keep toying with the idea of making a 'reappearence' in Muppets, the trouble is I know once I've wandered back in through that doorway I cant see me coming out again (I see Fig couldn't stay away either )

you are misssed in Muppets tho Zhastaph M8.
Nice to see you here.
Old 27 July 2004, 10:24 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Talking

And there woz me thinking the thumping sounds eminating from the side of the hutch was a party being held in honour of me having said

Originally Posted by Mighty Z
Ok that's it, I'm spending way too much time in here, I'm ooooff

BTW Hi
Old 27 July 2004, 10:42 PM
Kane
Scooby Regular

hi m8, great news then - well happy for you, glad she went to a loving home. Yeh got some pics of me car below:- Done most things on her bar internals at present. Will be looking at 370/380 Once GEMS sorted out shortly.

As for next things - take a trip with open eyes to power station and get Rich or Dirk to sort out the drop links, anti lift kit and bump steer mod and then set geometry - will make a huge difference. Even the AST setup they have will change the car completely. I got the type25 AST's on my EVO and to say the car is on rails is an understatement and thats without the uprated anti-roll bars.

Turbo/FMIC/headers(loss of throb) etc will finish her off nice - only worry is pushing the scooby power up without the internals being done. Best thing is speak to Power Station as they strip the scooby engine's down every day and will know whats best mods for the £, but as you already know you have a sorted scooby for 95% of the current road users. Hope to see you at Rally day as loads of scooby/evo stuff going on also there are 3 places left on the scoobyzone trackday on 16th August..give me a bell if your interested - if not just come down and meet the guys if your not sure of running your own car for that day - i know how you feel but you'd LOVE IT!!!

Speak to ya soon lad and tell me how the mods go on ok...ps these pics are a bit old - need to get them updated as got new suspension and body work done since these were taken. Got the decals done same day as purchasing the car. Must get new pics done..LOL

me and my bro's cars

Basic car without mods on first trackday

By the way here is the AST suspension they did me on the evo - £840 retail all in. Same as the T25.

Much lighter kit than heavy originals.

adjustable front and rears.

Last edited by Kane; 27 July 2004 at 10:50 PM.
Old 27 July 2004, 10:50 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Talking

Feckin nice m8!!!!

I see you missed off the third pic where you're getting whooped by the 2 Scoobs

I've still got your number, so if I'm up for it I'll give ya a bell.
Old 27 July 2004, 10:54 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Talking

Just seen the pics of the ASTs appear, nice. I like the potential weight saving as much as anything else, I can claw back what I added with the discs (9kg each ).

I'm in 2 minds as to what to do, a trip to PowerStation is defo on the cards as every bugger totally raves about their work, but it's whether to get them to put right what I've got (as above), or go the full hog like you have, decisions, decsions .........
Old 27 July 2004, 10:59 PM
Kane
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zhastaph
Feckin nice m8!!!!

I see you missed off the third pic where you're getting whooped by the 2 Scoobs

I've still got your number, so if I'm up for it I'll give ya a bell.

Lmao - i'll give ya a passenger ride when you pop up ok(thats a promise)...you will get a feel for the AST's then...ask litchfield what he thinks of the AST's...LOL

BTW - I can't show you a pic of the other scobbies though as none got in front for me to chase - was a bit one sided really...:-) Need a good RA to pass me and chase...Must admit there was a nice modded P1 that stayed for a while. Tell you this though - your car once modded on handling side(powerstation) would give most track day cars a good run for their money thats for sure....
Old 27 July 2004, 11:06 PM
Kane
Scooby Regular

Default AST's

If i had the scooby m8 - without a doubt 100% i would go AST's they make that much difference...my road going setup on the 12 way adjustables is only on 8F-6R and they are always trying to better the setup until you are 100% happy. I am getting some new springs fitted in a week or so free of charge to see if its better for me. trackday i'd be running 12F11R but its the road holding thats come out best not just trackday use.

I was jaw juddering trying to talk in my EVO on bad roads, now it just flyes over the rutts because of the helper spring - it takes out the bad ruts before the main spring has to move , thus less juddering - just more control.

Why not take out one of the scoobies there and try them out...but for Handling you aint gonna get much better for £840...FMIC maybe for that or a PE ECU + a bit more for a remap, think the IOW has a lot of roads that would eaten up by the AST's..:-)
Old 27 July 2004, 11:19 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

The IOW has some fantastic twisty roads with very little police activity

You've defo got me thinking now, I often tend to go with the attitude if I'm gonna get it done might as well get it done proper ........ and handling is next on my little shopping list .......

My one reservation about the current handling on the scoob is it's harshness over the bumpy stuff, particulalry at lower speed where you can find yourself 'hanging on to it'. Am I right in reading that you've ended up getting this dialed out with the AST's?

Just a quick question bout the EVO, I've never had or even been in an Evo, but I always thought they had active suspension? The dampers you've taken off don't look terribly active to me?
Old 27 July 2004, 11:31 PM
Kane
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zhastaph
The IOW has some fantastic twisty roads with very little police activity

You've defo got me thinking now, I often tend to go with the attitude if I'm gonna get it done might as well get it done proper ........ and handling is next on my little shopping list .......

My one reservation about the current handling on the scoob is it's harshness over the bumpy stuff, particulalry at lower speed where you can find yourself 'hanging on to it'. Am I right in reading that you've ended up getting this dialed out with the AST's?
The AST's have definately dialed out the rutts and harness you are talking about, but its tight when you need it - and it does feel more planted. I would think you would feel 100% more confident with the cars handling at higher speed as i did straight away, its just so stable under power. Its like driving a BMW in the respect - that its easy!!!

Just a quick question bout the EVO, I've never had or even been in an Evo, but I always thought they had active suspension? The dampers you've taken off don't look terribly active to me?
HERE IS THE EXPLANTION - ITS NOT SUSPENSION M8 - its a combination of thingss - ecu, sensors, wheel position etc, etc. Some like it - some dont and prefer the EVO RS non AYC cars - but for me I like it..:-)

Active Yaw Control (AYC) System (GSR model)

Mitsubishi Motors’ AYC system actively controls the difference in driving force between the left and right wheels, thereby adjusting the vehicle’s yaw moment such that the tires perform to their maximum potential. As a result, the vehicle’s cornering performance and safety are enhanced under a wide range of operating conditions. The images below show where each major part of the AYC is situated in the vehicle.

Benefits of Control

(1) Suppression of understeer during simultaneous acceleration and cornering and when steering angle is increased.

(2) Enhanced acceleration from standing start with left and right wheels on surfaces with different friction values.

System Configuration

The AYC system’s main components are the torque transfer differential (this is a rear differential that incorporates a torque transfer mechanism), the hydraulic unit, and the AYC-ECU that controls them. The hydraulic unit incorporates an electric pump, a direction control valve, and a proportioning valve. It supplies hydraulic pressure to the torque transfer differential. The AYC-ECU monitors driver inputs and road conditions in accordance with data from various sensors and determines the optimum magnitude and direction of torque transfers accordingly.

Torque Transfer Differential

The torque transfer differential consists of a differential mechanism, speed increasing/decreasing gearing, and two wet multi-disc clutches. The differential mechanism is lubricated by hypoid gear oil, and the speed increasing/decreasing gearing and clutches (these constitute the torque transfer section) are lubricated by AYC fluid.

[Differential Mechanism] During cornering maneuvers, the differential mechanism allows the vehicle’s inside and outside wheels to turn at different speeds.

[Speed Increasing/Decreasing Gearing] The speed increasing/decreasing gearing increases or decreases the speeds of the left- and right-hand wet multi-disc clutches relative to the speed of the right wheel.

[Wet Multi-Disc Clutches] The wet multi-disc clutches transfer torque from the faster wheel to the slower wheel. When the left-hand clutch operates, the speed-reducing gear causes a torque transfer from the right wheel to the left wheel. When the right-hand clutch operates, the speed-increasing gear causes a torque transfer from the left wheel to the right wheel.

Old 28 July 2004, 12:29 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet