So... Nick Griffin

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2004, 10:55 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So... Nick Griffin

Just saw the Newsnight interview.

I say fair play to him for coming off the fence. I might not agree with everything he says, but at least I know what he stands for!!

UB
Old 15 July 2004, 11:00 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I wonder what Suhail thinks.....

Old 15 July 2004, 11:04 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why having opinions on a religion is 'racist'!

As in this case there are muslims of all colours...

Mick
Old 15 July 2004, 11:39 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I think that having an opinion on a religion is OK and to be encouraged, as long as it is an educated opinion, not just from reading the Daily Mail. What makes it racist is when it is implied that the religion you are talking about is particular to a race. He was referring to Islam as being an Asian religion and I doubt he knows anything about the religion, just that it is an Asian religion.

Steve
Old 15 July 2004, 11:55 PM
King RA
BANNED

Well it's hardly an Anglo Saxon religion now is it?
Old 16 July 2004, 12:04 AM
Franko
Scooby Regular

Did you watch the BBC program of the reporter who joined the BNP undercover?
In the program it shows members of the BNP making racist remarks... mostly against pakistanis.
The leader of the BNP was talking complete rubish about the teachings of the quran, he even reckons islam is spread through raping women.
Old 16 July 2004, 12:15 AM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

Well Islaam is not an Asian religion...most of the so called Islaam you see from Asians is culture not Islaam and that is originated from Hindu culture.
Old 16 July 2004, 12:16 AM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

Do you know the ruling for rapist in Islaam...execution. Islaam spread by rape I think NOT.
Old 16 July 2004, 12:17 AM
Franko
Scooby Regular

Agree with you on that Aaquil,

edited to say "and your first post" (you posted the 2nd one too quick for me )

Last edited by Franko; 16 July 2004 at 12:21 AM.
Old 16 July 2004, 12:18 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Aaquil
Well Islaam is not an Asian religion...most of the so called Islaam you see from Asians is culture not Islaam and that is originated from Hindu culture.
That was my point. Islam shares a lot with Judism and Christianity. It's all about which messiah they believe in.

Steve
Old 16 July 2004, 12:23 AM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

You have two of the worst people attributed to Islaam...People who oppress anyone and everyone and use the word 'Islaam' when it is actually their own stupid backward culture and then you have devils like Bin Laadin who's belief is to rebel and kill Muslims who don't believe what he believes and to overthrown and rebel against Muslim rulers in their lands because they believe that they are not ruling by PURE Islaam and oppressing people. We believe in Islaam that the ruler is a reflection of the people (he rules over) are generally good the ruler will be just and good and vice versa.
Old 16 July 2004, 12:24 AM
dba
Scooby Regular

Nick Griffin admits he is a racist,that isn't in doubt.He believes that we should not have mixed communities,he believes this will destroy British culture.So I don't care whether you pedantically want to sit on a fence and discuss whether his 'religious' views aren't racist or not,its just irrelevant,what is relevant is whether you agree with him.You either do or you don't,hiding behind semantics is to devalue such an important issue.
So instead of smoke and mirrors,and friendly smilies,why don't you all say whether you agree with him or not?

I don't.
Old 16 July 2004, 12:27 AM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

The teaching of the Quraan (even though most Muslims do not establish it) gave women so many rights and honour. In Islaam we are told to honour our mother the most just for what she went through in pregnancy, childbirth and upbringing. She has 3 times the rights of the father. We honour, protect and respect Muslim and non Muslim women. Only the foolish, ignorant, donkey does not. If it was not for the Lord of the Heavens and the Earth then our women where would we be?!!!
Old 16 July 2004, 12:28 AM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

Ignorance and evil breeds hatred and harm where ever it comes from.
Old 16 July 2004, 12:31 AM
dba
Scooby Regular

Ignorance and evil breeds hatred and harm where ever it comes from.
yep,which is why it seems pointless discussing whether his views on religion aren't racist,his comments still breed hatred,regardless of whatever its called
Old 16 July 2004, 12:33 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

You have two of the worst people attributed to Islaam...People who oppress anyone and everyone and use the word 'Islaam' when it is actually their own stupid backward culture and then you have devils like Bin Laadin who's belief is to rebel and kill Muslims who don't believe what he believes and to overthrown and rebel against Muslim rulers in their lands because they believe that they are not ruling by PURE Islaam and oppressing people. We believe in Islaam that the ruler is a reflection of the people (he rules over) are generally good the ruler will be just and good and vice versa.
My advice? Stop bitching..... Get a life!!

UB = old hippy
Old 16 July 2004, 12:41 AM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

I have a very good life thank you very much...probably better than your existence where you start a thread that could have been a perfectly good discussion and let people set the record straight then go and add an inmature comment like that. You don't even know me from Adam. I don't bitch I just like to explain some Islamic issues to people who may be ignorant of them like yourself. Just in case you are wondering I will not be looking at this thread again because your response will probably be equally childish.

IF ANYONE WANTS A REASONABLE DISCUSSION AND EXPLANATION OF THE ACCUSATION MADE BY THE BNP ABOUT ISLAAM PLEASE START ANOTHER THREAD.
Old 16 July 2004, 01:13 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

I have a very good life thank you very much...probably better than your existence where you start a thread that could have been a perfectly good discussion and let people set the record straight then go and add an inmature comment like that. You don't even know me from Adam. I don't bitch I just like to explain some Islamic issues to people who may be ignorant of them like yourself. Just in case you are wondering I will not be looking at this thread again because your response will probably be equally childish.

IF ANYONE WANTS A REASONABLE DISCUSSION AND EXPLANATION OF THE ACCUSATION MADE BY THE BNP ABOUT ISLAAM PLEASE START ANOTHER THREAD.
LOL - chill out mate ... let me guess your age...

Old 16 July 2004, 01:25 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Aaquil - over to you.....

Old 16 July 2004, 06:42 AM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dba
Nick Griffin admits he is a racist,that isn't in doubt.He believes that we should not have mixed communities,he believes this will destroy British culture.So I don't care whether you pedantically want to sit on a fence and discuss whether his 'religious' views aren't racist or not,its just irrelevant,what is relevant is whether you agree with him.You either do or you don't,hiding behind semantics is to devalue such an important issue.
So instead of smoke and mirrors,and friendly smilies,why don't you all say whether you agree with him or not?

I don't.
Well said.

He's scum, and those who vote for him are either racist or (if they maintain, as some do, that the BNP is not a racist party) very stupid.
Old 16 July 2004, 08:08 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The Islamic religion is no worse than any of the other mainline religions. Like the other religions, it basically encourages its followers to live a good life. The problem lies with the evil people who use it for their own purposes conning believers that they have to carry out atrocities to protect the religion. The same sort of thing that was done in the name of Christian religions and Judaism in past history and even in modern times.

The BNP is a far right party and is full of the same sort of followers who are prepared to act in the same way as the monsters mentioned above and the KKK and similar organisations. Whatever political animals like Griffin say to con the general public, we should not forget the basic tenets of his organisation and the actions they are prepared to take to further their ambitions. They are even worse that the far left loonies who are pressing their PC rubbish on us and are thus dragging this country down.

I have already said that this country cannot stand further large scale immigration because we are grossly overcrowded as it is. This is nothing to do with racism because I believe that what is important is a man's character and not where he comes from. The BNP does not look at the matter in this way, they adopt the same stance as previous megalomaniacs in history, ie that those who are not of white stock are "untermensch".

I agree with dba and the moose.

Les
Old 16 July 2004, 08:21 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Nick Griffin managed in one interview, to expose all the lies and half truths that his party have been spouting about not being a right wing racist party, and show them up as the ignorant yobs they truly are.

However, IMO there is no difference in content between the anti-Muslim rubbish that he is spouting, and the anti-Jewish filth spouted Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi. Therefore, as a democracy whose laws are founded on the basis of freedom of speech, It does tend to reek of double standards when one is feted by the powers that be, whilst the other is vilified.
Old 16 July 2004, 08:25 AM
JDM
BANNED

I usually stay out of this kind of post but I see that the BNP supporters on here are unusually quiet at the moment. I hope it's because they are having second thoughts about their choice of political party.
The comments made by Nick Griffin were as expected from a racist so hardly shocking stuff, to me at least. It did at least expose the sickening double standards employed by the BNP and their foul tactics in propaganda.
Old 16 July 2004, 08:57 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Double standards? Hmmmmmmm, a bit like those employed by Humberside police then, who practise POSITIVE disccrimination .

Two examples: the recently posted evidence that they have entered into an agreement with the Hull daily Mail NOT to print anything about the illegal, and anti-social activities of a group of 500 Kosovan male asylum seekers living in Hull.

And the actions of the police in Scunny, when they had to send armed officers to an armed stand off between Bengladeshis and Kurds in the town centre over whether the kurds had any right to chat up Bengladeshi girls. The police dealt with that one by inviting community leaders to tea and biscuits.........no arrests for weapons, breech of the peace, etc.

I wonder what would happen if one of my white teenage lads took up arms against Kurds or any other race, in order to stop them talking to white girls? Would I be invited to tea and biscuits?

I think NOT, and it's this sort of discrimination I can't get my head round!

Alcazar
Old 16 July 2004, 09:02 AM
JDM
BANNED

Thumbs down

Double standards exist across the board, I fail to see what relevance that tale you recount here has to the BNP. Sounds very tit for tat to me, that kind of schoolyard logic has no place here.
Old 16 July 2004, 09:14 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by JDM
Double standards exist across the board, I fail to see what relevance that tale you recount here has to the BNP. Sounds very tit for tat to me, that kind of schoolyard logic has no place here.
Nonsense. What it shows is that the BNP ARE going to get support for their crazy policies, so long as one race is treated differently to others.

If they can point to the sorts of things I've recounted, they can attract those who are on the edge by saying that whites are being put down.:

There has to be EQUALITY, or don't you understand the term?

Alcazar
Old 16 July 2004, 09:25 AM
suprabeast
Scooby Regular

my opinion is that to have a balanced society, you need the parties like the BNP to be the complete oposite as the far lefties.

That way (in theory) the democracy always comprimises somewhere in the middle giving a balanced society.... otherwise if all we had was a party in the middle and a party on the left, then the whole country swings towards the left. Cos there is no alternative...

...kind of hard to explain but i know what i mean!!
Old 16 July 2004, 09:46 AM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

My view is that religion should always be a personal choice and not be backed by laws set down by governments. In this I think the French, cheese eating surrender monkeys that they are , are correct to keep religion out of courts, government and schools.

If you believe that you should never cut your hair, not work on Sundays, or keep yourself covered up in public then thats fine, just don't ask other people to do the same. All religions have their own various rules to which people will follow to the letter or barely consider depending on their own views.

Beliefs are a personal choice not something to be forced upon anyone.

I could never bring myself to vote for the BNP as I think they are, and will always be, a front for extreme racists.

Mark
Old 16 July 2004, 09:49 AM
JDM
BANNED

I don't believe that the races are treated differently. All you've done is recount a very local story which in no way goes to prove that the races are treated unequally. Even if it did you are only talking about a very, very local case.

You do have a point though in saying that if people believe something like that then that will stregthen the BNP's case. People should perhaps try not to trust the media as much (equally applied to the BBC last night).

Quick Reply: So... Nick Griffin