Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Morning noise

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2004, 10:36 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Morning noise

We live in a quiet cul-de-sac, every morning the following happens, at between 4am and 6am the milkman drives his diesel flat bed Merc down the road, stopping between each house and turning the engine off so theres four crankings of a big noisy diesel engine, at least he got his fan belt fixed after a month of it sqealing its t1ts off last year.

Next, a Peugeot 206 Diesel is drives up the road at about 5.30/6.00 am, the driver a middle aged man is generally in a hurry and may be a bit deaf judging by the volume he plays radio 2 at. He delivers one newspaper to a neighbour.

About the same time, a bloke drives a shagged G reg Fiesta down the road with its tappets clattering like ****, also in a hurry he delivers a couple of newspapers the REVERSES all the way down the road tappets even louder but not as load as the ******* knackered old gearbox protesting as he hammers it backward for a hundred yards or so. Isnt this illegal ?

Every B4stard morning one of these ar5eholes wakes me up, tried moaning at the dairy, just got the milkmans wife come and have a go at my wife for ruining their liveliehood after a month of screeching fan belt, how could anybody be that stupid, to drive a van down a resedential street at 3am some mornings sqealing like an angry pig ?

Why dont we have electric milk floats and paper boys on bikes any more, just surly middle aged blokes who have obviously missed the big time and ended up delivering the papers, how can there be any money in it if you use a car ?

Why do my neighbours insist on having milk delivered, they all have cars and Sainsburys/Tescos are down every day or two, the corner shop is a short walk away, he isnt ******** any of them I dont think.

No I havent any sympathy, not until the ignorant buggers let me sleep.
Old 29 April 2004, 10:41 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should try living in my street. Every morning at 6:30 some **** starts his practically unsilenced Subaru...oh wait, thats me
Old 29 April 2004, 10:46 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
We live in a quiet cul-de-sac,
29th today so not long to go for daftest quote of the month and this is way out in the lead!!!
Old 29 April 2004, 10:54 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Spoon, point taken, should have said its a normally quiet Cul-de-sac, i.e it isnt a main road and the noise isnt typical.
Old 29 April 2004, 10:59 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Old 29 April 2004, 11:54 PM
ChrisB

I'll offer that some gimp in a taxi has just driven my street and beeped his horn.

I'll be right back to finish this post once I've diced him into chunks and secured the remains under my patio...
Old 30 April 2004, 12:09 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Live in the countryside so no mechanical noise b4 06:00 (the farmer feeding the stock)

BUT

Anytime after midnight & before 04:00 its the **** pheasant crowing its head off - better than a burglar alarm. After that its pigeons and crikey knows what else squaking, calling, squeeking etc

& I don't give a...

Old 30 April 2004, 12:13 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Get double glazing?
Or leave the country like half of the population

Still, I have to endure the early morning car alarm chorus these days I fixed the one on the toyo - just all the neighbours and a few house alarms now
Old 30 April 2004, 12:31 AM
yoza
BANNED

I live in a quiet cul-de-sac too.

Most mornings 0500hrs a guy on the end goes to work in his company delivery van.(pharmasutical type thing)

When he puts it in reverse it squarks.....WARNING THIS VEHICLE IS REVERSING WOO, WO, WOO, WO. WARNING THIS VEHICLE..........

Its proper loud, but fortunately for me he is quite a few houses away, I feel sorry for his immediate neighbours.

I would like to confront him, but Im **** at getting my point across by just using words, and I like it where I live.

But it would be so easy for him to reverse the van up his path of an afternoon/evening if he knows that he is up on an early job.

Also its one of those hightop vans that "the rules" state you cant have up you path. So you would think he would be trying to keep the neighbours sweet, rather than wind them up.

He is one of them ' Im up, so your all up ' type people.
Old 30 April 2004, 07:08 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

We have double glazing, as the weather gets warmer we kind of like not to suffocate so open a window. My in laws live in the country, thats not very quiet even allowing the noise made by the in laws the postman causes a commotion every morning and they have papers delivered by car so its no better, I know somebody round there who thought it was a good idea to get chickens, including a Cockerel, it lasted two mornings before being throttled.
Old 30 April 2004, 08:05 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

as i get up at 05:45, none of this stuff really bothers me.

also, our bedroom is at the back of the house so it's a lot quieter than the rooms at the front.

another solution: get an aquarium in your bedroom. the noise of the pumps and air bubbles will annoy you for the first couple of days, but then you will get used to it. you will become accustomed to the background noise which will mask much of the other noises that used to disturb you. honestly - it works.