Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation Royal Mail Getting A Caning

OK, a bit "over-dramatised" I'm sure but gob-smacking nonetheless

CH4 now
Old 29 April 2004, 10:11 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a hard working honest postman, and I have never seen such a load of crap in all my life, I admit it goes on but what I have seen tonight makes my blood boil, and the first person to call me lazy gets a smack in the mouth..........Channel 4 get your facts straight
Old 29 April 2004, 10:40 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Ah the joys of the press getting hold of some of the details of some of the job that some people do and tarring all with one brush....seems to be the way of it.
Didnt see the prog but I know how you will be feeling '99
Old 29 April 2004, 10:52 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
I am a hard working honest postman, and I have never seen such a load of crap in all my life, I admit it goes on but what I have seen tonight makes my blood boil, and the first person to call me lazy gets a smack in the mouth..........Channel 4 get your facts straight
What it showed graphically, is that all these economic migrants whose labour we're told (by Tony's government) we need to keep the country running, are really here to take advantage. Take that Nigerian guy for example. One minute he was complaining he couldn't open a bank account because he was 'Nigerian' and their reputation, next he's saying how he works there to steal passports and credit cards etc...

UB
Old 29 April 2004, 10:52 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Thanks PG, I know things have not been right within Royal Mail for a while, but, if any of you have problems whatever it maybe please don't be afraid to get in touch with your local sorting office, and speak tio the office manager, not the bod on the floor, if I can help please ask.
Cheers
Colin
Old 29 April 2004, 10:56 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

UB it happens mate beleive me, we had a guy start so he could suss out all the local post offices, and pass it on to his thug mates who later went on to rob them and in one attack a women lost her life.........I kid you not.
Cheers
Colin
Old 29 April 2004, 10:59 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

OK - So the aim of the programme wasnt to make out that postal workers are evil thieves - it just showed clearly that it happens and that certain people working in those sorting offices are criminals or just plain lazy - I mean fancy having to work till the end of your shift without getting overtime - how awful????!!

What makes my blood boil is the cowardis shown by the senior management - every single person from floor management down that appeared in the show should be dismissed on the spot and each one that was filmed breaking the law should be prosecuted. Instead they skirt around the issues in fear of another load of strikes...

The number of agency staff is frightening and I sympathise with the genuine hard working staff who have to share floor space with scum - but from the top down that is one company in need of a massive shake up. My consultancy rates are reasonable, but my scythe weilds itself in the direction of anyone stealing from the company - be it credit cards, short shifters, or cretins selling stolen goods in the lockers....

P
Old 29 April 2004, 11:06 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

P the sad fact is they filmed it in one of the 4 most busiset's office's in the country, sadly they didn't show the hard working honest people who are trying to keep their jobs at the moment, 30,000 people will lose their jobs this year because of cuts.
Cheers
Colin
Old 29 April 2004, 11:11 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Crazy that because I imagine they will be the permanent full timers as opposed to the temps who dont class as proper FTE - doesnt seem fair at all and I sympathise with those who stand to lose so much.

I work in the mobile telecoms industry and fraud is rife on the floor there too - I guess we could be infiltrated and the same could be shown...

Society stinks - always the minority that cast the shadow

P
Old 30 April 2004, 12:09 AM
J S W
Scooby Regular

absolutely terrible viewing, its about time somebody took this country by the scruff of the neck and kick some a$$.
Old 30 April 2004, 07:51 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i assume the show got better then?

i watch it for half hour and all they came up with was bokes kicking a ball around, a postman who had a spliff, one that sold iffy trainers and an old ltter on the floor.

i have never encountered a problem with the mail in my life and based on what i saw i dont expect to.

T
Old 30 April 2004, 08:17 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

All those on their, including the managers should be sacked, anybody caught dealing with anything dodgy should never be allowed to work for Royal Mail and the drugs, don't get me started on them.
Cheers
Colin
Old 30 April 2004, 08:18 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Its better than walking the streets