Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Feckin estste agents!

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2003, 09:58 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I have arranged to view 4 houses in Yorkshire today between 12:30hrs and 13:00hrs, just had a call form the agent who looks after the two middle properties, he does not think he can make it, his car is in for a service and the garage does not recon it will be ready untill 15:00hrs. The appointments where arranged last Friday!

What a burk, why o why could he not have checked this out before hand and got the garage to do his car first thing or put a priority on it, it is only a minor service on a Golf FFS!
No loan cars, no-one else can cover his appointments - what a **** poor show!

Typical reactive approach of so many companies/people these days, they do not deserve the business.

My own estate agents are hard work! lack of communication and response to my contacts and i am sure if i am getting this treatment then their other clients/prospective buyers are as well, read them the riot act and now dealing with the senior partner, hopefully things will improve.

I had forgotten what hard work these people can be!

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 5/29/2003 10:02:22 AM]
Old 29 May 2003, 10:00 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

chill paul, its really not woth getting flustered.

play them at their own game,

all things happen for a reason, so maybe it was not meant to be.

all the best

dazza

Old 29 May 2003, 10:05 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

We were due to view a house a couple of weeks ago. I took the aftenoon of work especially. Hoalf way there I get a call from the agent who was going to show us around to say "oh, sorry but the another person from the office has gone home with the keys, can we make it another time?" Not happy with them, but not much I could do
Old 29 May 2003, 10:17 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I can't understand the attitude of half of the busineses that i deal with. so many just don't seem to give a sh*t. the only way you seem to be able to get any sort of response is by flying off the handle, citing breach of contract etc. even then you rarely get an apology. trivial but typical expample: took the scoob in for a service today, get to the garage at about 8:30 am, go in to hand over the keys. bloke opens the diary, asks for my name and then tells me that I cancelled the booking.
me: no i didn't.
bloke: but you phoned up and told us to cancel it!
me: no i didn't.
bloke: you cancelled the parts you ordered as well.
me: i didn't order any parts.
bloke: well someone must have phoned up and cancelled your appointment.

In the end they agreed to service my car, but didn't apologise for *their* screw-up, and left me with the heartening words "we'll do the best we can. If you don't hear from us come back at five".

How much does it cost to say "I'm sorry, there seems to have been a misunderstanding, we will sort it out for you?"

i just hope that there aren't a load of people out there thinking the same thing about our company.

Charlie.

(edited to insert thumb in appropriate direction)

[Edited by ProperCharlie - 5/29/2003 10:19:44 AM]
Old 29 May 2003, 01:38 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

S'funny you should mention O'Riordan Bond agents. I went round a few agents in N'hampton last saturday with my son who is thinking of moving within the town. They were the least helpful and most unprofessional. Merry Brown (have I got that right?) were the most helpful. Fell over themselves backwards to offer allsorts of assistance.
Funniest bit was when all the agents thought my son and I were buying together... as we left one agency, he said "let me get the door for you darling " Ha ha ha.... oh how people assume !

[Edited by Apparition - 5/29/2003 1:39:31 PM]

[Edited by Apparition - 5/29/2003 1:40:49 PM]
Old 29 May 2003, 08:25 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

i'm trying to sell my flat at the moment and think I've picked the wrong agents.

I stressed I wanted a quick sale. 5 days after I sign the bit of paper they call to arrange photo's.

A total of 10 days passed before I get the draft details! Which had no interior photo's, I looked at the date on the stamp and sure enough they were posted the day before the guy came round to take the photo's. So I complained, told it was being sort a week later nothing. Complained again. Got a message saying please call them they have some information regarding my property search. Explained I was SELLING not buying.

3 weeks passed and i get my first viewing - first thing the woman says I'm sorry I'm a bit confused I was led to believe you didn't actually live here!

So far it's taken weeks to sort stuff, they have no idea who is doing what, or the situation as a whole. I was hoping for a quick sale...

Old 30 May 2003, 01:14 AM
Ringpeas
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sounds like our estate agents, have already lost us a sale through bad practice. Complete muppets the lot of them. You can ring 3 times in a day, speak to the same person and they still have no idea who you are.
Looks like we will lose the house we are buying so I will cut my losses and try with someone else next year. Grrr