Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fecking Estate Agents (a slight rant)

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2001, 02:19 PM
Lime
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I hope all estate agents become impotent and go bald in the time it takes for them to get home today! I am seriously P155£D off with these low life bunch of parasitic bottom feeders. &*(%$%*&$%^*%^*(^)*(&)*&%^&%^$%%£^%*&%^*)&^()*&_(& *_&*_)*(_(*&^&&^%%^$!"£"££$"&^$*%(*&^)(*&
Can we have a vote to bring back the stocks as these cretins are the most deserving out of all of life's slimeballs!!!

If you are an estate agent how do you sleep at night with the **** you feckin guys pull????????
Old 26 October 2001, 04:28 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Couldn't agree more. Not naming names but there is a certain estate agency in Wokingham (edited by Moderator) which have only one interest - making money. (They have apparently admitted to the people in our chain that they are only interested in the money and couldn't give a stuff about the livelihoods of the people they are dealing with - probably the first time they have been honest)

It's got to the point that we are very close to pulling out of the purchase of a house. Feel sorry for the people we are buying off as they and their estate agents have been really good - it's the money grabbing low life further up the chain that has caused the problems.

Sorry to hear you're having probs - hope they get resolved soon.

Here's an idea - book an appointment to view all their really expensive properties, and make them sound like you are really interested. After they have done some real bottom kissing to get you to put an offer in, tell them you can't afford them really and only looked for a laugh!

[Edited by Diablo - 10/26/2001 4:41:11 PM]
Old 26 October 2001, 04:43 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Guys, have a rant, but lets not be naming names, even by initials, without stating factual grounds.

Cheers

D
Old 26 October 2001, 04:45 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

I'll second what Lime said! LOL

I actually used the fiannce of my step sister and he was worse than all the others!

How some of these people can justy their fees is beyond me [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 26 October 2001, 04:48 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

My apologies Diablo - certainly didn't mean to break any rules or cause offence - guess I just just got a bit over enthusiastic ranting - goes to show how fed up we are with the whole process.

Shame there are estate agents like this who give others a bad name - I have dealt with other estate agents who have been really helpful
Old 27 October 2001, 10:23 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'm in the same position - we were ready to move next Friday. Had a phone call from my solicitors saying that the Friday is off due due a 'hitch' further down the chain - one of the solicitors hasn't lifted a finger for 3 f*^kin' months!!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

In all fairness to my solicitor and estate agents, they've been bang on - a first, I might add. Even the people we're buying off - brilliant.

As you say, it's further down the chain that the incompetance is astounding!!!!

As it stands, we're relocating (60 miles away) so my wife's got a new job, and I live down there with my parents at present. We're starting to get a bit stressed!!!

Time for my rant - solicitors. Why pick up the phone for an immediate answer, followed by a fax for written confirmation, when a full-blown letter will do and add a week on to the precedings!!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
They're qualified up to the gills, yet have NO common sense at all.
Example - solicitor calls ME to tell me to call the estate agent to find out what's going on!!!! HELLO!!!?!?!?!?! Cal them yourselves - I don't want to know about the problems. I want it done. That's why I'm paying you an extortionate amount of money!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

My dad summed it up in 2 phrases - F.As (Funking Academics!!!!!) and the "Tail wagging the dog!"

Before anybody gets their ar$e in their hand, I'm an F.A too, but if you've worked in industry, you tend to have common sense drilled into you. I'm 28.

Anyways, rant over - I'm to try an rub off the word "****" off my forehead.....

Still, nice to see there are others in the same position.

Dan
Old 27 October 2001, 11:09 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

SWRTWannabe, i wonder who you mentioned- im about to buy/sell in wokingham so it would be handy to know, via email of course

Tiggs
Old 27 October 2001, 02:08 PM
jamesa
Scooby Regular

Lime

I totally agree..........they are a breed apart. We have been put off several times when looking to buy - their inefficient; inconsiderate and pathetic business conduct is a disgrace.

Thankfully we have never had to use them to sell as we found a decent solicitor years ago and we just advertise ourselves and keep involved.

Cheers