Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

legal help required please :)

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2000, 11:37 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Question

My G-Friend has just bought a house in the last few months.
when the sale was going through, her surveyors report said that they advised that she had an under sub-floor inspection done.
so she contacted the estate agent (telephone call) and hey said they will sort it out 4 her!
when she moved in and had new heating system fitted the plumber said that he noticed a number of rotten floor boards!!!
Myself and her father lifted a no. of carpets to look at the boards and lifted a few boards to check the joists, we found that there were a lot of rotten floor boards and joists! - even in an area of floor that had been replaced only 5 years ealier due to it being damp and poor ventilation.
When my girlfriend contacted the company who had (so called) done the sub-floor inspection, they said that thay were not asked to do a sub-floor inspection and that it would have cost her, (this would not have been a problem) and only a brief look was done as the lady who lived there B4 had alll her furniture in and they could not look under the floors!

When she rang the estate agent again they denied that a SUB-FLOOR INSPECTION had even been asked for and that they had done what there were told!!!!!!!!!!

My g/friend had never bought a house before and it was only because she had a surveyors report that told her that it would be a good idiea to have one done, that she knew what to ask for when she rang the estate agent up!

If these problems has been found out before the sign over of the house to her, a reduction in the house cost would have taken place to allow for the extra that has had to be carried out before she moves in properly!
also if the sub-floor inspection had been done properly and these rotten floors had been pick up when they should have been, this could have affected her getting a Mortgage on the property and a retention on it could have happened!

Could my girlfriend take it furter, with legal help, saying that the estate agent had not carried out the wishes of her and have misled her on the house purchace, as this could have altered the asking price if they all knew that new floors had it be laied? (the floors will cost £2-3K or sort out)

many thanks, sorry about grammer+spellin' (it's late)

Old 26 September 2000, 09:48 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Check email