Notices

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2006, 01:38 PM
pipehose
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie

hi guys considering buying a wrx300 but have been told scoobys need engine rebuilds quite often can some one verify this for me
thanks pipehose
Old 14 May 2006, 10:18 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pipehose
hi guys considering buying a wrx300 but have been told scoobys need engine rebuilds quite often can some one verify this for me
thanks pipehose
Pipehose,

simple answer really - buy the car new, keep it standard and service it as per the manufacturers requirements and drive it sensibly, it will be as reliable as any other performance saloon car.

Start tinkering with bespoke modifications and the risk of causing something to go wrong increases proportionatly according to the engine's state of tune. Failing to keep on top of maintenance schedules and driving it flat out all the time or trying to save a few quid by using poor quality fuel will off course reduce the lifespan of the engine but that is true of any car. From the comments of others and my own experience of ownership, the impreza's engine is as strong as any other and more robust and relaible than many.

Hope this helps,
TT
Old 14 May 2006, 11:21 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

go and buy it!.....who ever has been talking to you has'nt owned one,or if they have they have been driving the **** out of it while running crazy boost.
im on my third,all i have needed to do apart from the normal servicing is the odd brake light bulb!treat the car with respect and use good fuel and i dont think you can buy a better car.
my girl was just asking me today what you grining for while out for a spin,very hard to explain to a chick that does'nt drive the grin factor these cars can give b
Old 15 May 2006, 08:05 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

good advice from above. urban myth about scooby engines blowing up. unmodified engines should give no more trouble than any other. you should be aware that if you start to modify your car then get someone who knows what they are doing. too many cowboys out there that do **** jobs and then shrug their shoulders when you car goes bang.
Old 15 May 2006, 05:14 PM
pipehose
Scooby Newbie

i can buy this car with a tunning kit dont know much about it but its all done by the dealer after car is registered will this be ok to do
Old 15 May 2006, 06:20 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Are you buying from a Subaru Dealer? If so it is probably the Prodrive performance pack you are referring to. You will be grand with that although some people on here my tell you to spend the extra on modding the car in other ways.

If you are buying from somewhere other than a subaru dealership I would be a bit cautious of what they are offering as a tuning kit. Find out the details and post back - there are lots of knowledgeable enthuasiasts on here who will be happy to give you a steer.
Old 16 May 2006, 10:38 PM
pipehose
Scooby Newbie

its a wrx 300 registered nov 05 2000miles on it it has the ppp on it fitted by them they are looking £19995

or i can buy a brand new o6 model with all the free 5 year stuff sat nav bluetooth etc for £21000 plus metallic paint i think it £300

is this to dear for both of these cars
Old 17 May 2006, 07:11 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

I got a bit excited about these because I thought the 300 referred to horses as opposed to the number made!!! You are getting the PPP which is part of the limited edition package, this gives about 265 BHP, you also get a aluminium gear ****, WRX Mats, a logo on your front seats, fog lamp covers,17" Alloys and RAC Trackstar with 12 monts subscription. Buying a WRX 300 new worked out about £500 cheaper than buying a WRX and sticking on the PPP.

Personally I think i would opt for the MY06 and take advantage of the free servicing. Use the pounds saved on servicing costs to pay for some modifications.
Old 18 May 2006, 10:05 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my 300 last August with the PPP and LOVE the car, I can only say that if you go for the 300 I really do NOT think you will be disappointed. Nuff said.
Old 23 June 2006, 02:21 AM
bag
BANNED

Smile bag

Hi,
Maybe it is blodfaced thing for you. i am seller about the jewelry of Tiffany as the
necklace,bracelet,Earbob,Ring,Sets,Studs,Key Ring, Money Clips, DVD pieces, Sun Glasses(), Lighter of Dupont, handbag of
Louis Vuitton, Chloe, Belts, Hermes, Chanel, FendiBalenciaga, Marc Jacobs, Gucci Purse, Juicy, Gucci; pen of Louis Vuitton
and Mont Blanc, Watches of Rolex.
http://www.tiffany918.com
Email address : tiffany-918@hotmail.com
MSN: tiffany-918@hotmail.com
Skype Account: tiffany-918
we can give you the cheapest cost, because we are the biggest wholesaler.
thanks