Notices

Diamond Brite - anything known?

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2005, 08:48 PM
jbl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond Brite - anything known?

Does anyone know of a paint lacquer called Diamond Brite and is it any good ? Suppose to protect the shine.
Thanks
JBL
Old 27 May 2005, 09:33 PM
pistonbroke
Scooby Regular

http://www.jewelultra.com/diamondbrite.htm
Old 27 May 2005, 10:14 PM
jbl
Scooby Regular

OK, thanks for that Pistonbroke, I now have the commercial sell but is it any good ?

Anyone used it ?

JBL
Old 28 May 2005, 08:56 AM
pistonbroke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jbl
OK, thanks for that Pistonbroke, I now have the commercial sell but is it any good ?

Anyone used it ?

JBL
got it on my MY05 STi when purchased new in March, so far so good
Old 28 May 2005, 09:03 AM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

If it's the stuff your dealer is trying to sell you, you'll see that there is a big difference between the dealer price and the product price - depends whether you want to do the hard work yourself or not!
Old 28 May 2005, 02:56 PM
jbl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jiggerypokery
If it's the stuff your dealer is trying to sell you, you'll see that there is a big difference between the dealer price and the product price - depends whether you want to do the hard work yourself or not!
Thanks for the info, not had a quote yet from the dealer but having the retail price for a DIY is really useful.

Cheers
JBL
Old 28 May 2005, 04:41 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

I will say its not all its cracked up to be, i had my SAAB done in it from new,whilst it shined afterwards i wasnt to impressed days later.I'm glad i bought the kit online myself for £15 instead of the £200 the dealer wanted because i would not have been happy if i'd have paid £200.

My advice is to by the new Tech wax by meguiars, its unbeatable for price and finnish.

Zippy
Old 28 May 2005, 05:43 PM
yoza
BANNED

So you can polish a Saab..........
Old 29 May 2005, 09:02 AM
jbl
Scooby Regular

I have looked again, more carefully, at the jewelbrite web page and it appears from what they say that the actual Diamondbrite lacquer can only be supplied via a bodyshop or accredited valeting company. The application is not available for ordinary retail purchase- what they sell is an aftercare preserver solution. Zippy, is this what you had or did you find an outlet willing to sell the original Diamondbrite lacquer ?

Cheers

JBL
Old 29 May 2005, 10:32 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Diamond Brite is similar to Supaguard. Basically it a durable hard wax coating.

Thing is it only will last a few years, and as soon as you start using polish it will wear off. So its not really worth the hundreds that they charge.

We had a Red celica with Diamond brite....it didn't stop the paint oxidising and going pink in the sun!

Our NSX also recently had supaguard applied by the previous owner. Problem is the numpty who did it didn't decontaminate, mop or polish the bodywork properly before hand. The result is a very nice shiny finish covered in polish/washing scratches. The car looks superb until you look very closely along the panel surfaces and realise its been waxed over unprepared paintwork.

Problem is now I have to remove the supaguard to be able to rub and polish down the scratches to get it "perfect" - which is what the person who did the supagaurd treatment should have done in the first place
Old 01 June 2005, 06:29 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jbl
I have looked again, more carefully, at the jewelbrite web page and it appears from what they say that the actual Diamondbrite lacquer can only be supplied via a bodyshop or accredited valeting company. The application is not available for ordinary retail purchase- what they sell is an aftercare preserver solution. Zippy, is this what you had or did you find an outlet willing to sell the original Diamondbrite lacquer ?

Cheers

JBL
They will say that wont they, officially its only available from a dealer but do a search on E-bay and away you go, the kit i bought is identical to the one the dealer wanted £200 for, he even indicated it would be much cheaper for them to buy off E-bay than JewelBrite and re-sell it cheaper then £200 as they have very little take up from customers at that price.

You get 2 small bottles, one goes on 1st which you leave for a while and then the polish goes on afterwards which you just polish off in straight lines to avoid swirl marks.
I paid £15 for the 2 bottles and a can of fabric protector which did my carpets and the seats in her car.

Zippy
Old 01 June 2005, 07:15 PM
jbl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
They will say that wont they, officially its only available from a dealer but do a search on E-bay and away you go, the kit i bought is identical to the one the dealer wanted £200 for, he even indicated it would be much cheaper for them to buy off E-bay than JewelBrite and re-sell it cheaper then £200 as they have very little take up from customers at that price.

You get 2 small bottles, one goes on 1st which you leave for a while and then the polish goes on afterwards which you just polish off in straight lines to avoid swirl marks.
I paid £15 for the 2 bottles and a can of fabric protector which did my carpets and the seats in her car.

Zippy
Cheers Zippy, I belatedly had that idea as well.
Bit cheaper than £200!!!!

JBL
Old 01 June 2005, 09:25 PM
roguck
Scooby Regular

I do the same and just buy it from ebay when I feel like doing the car again.
Really good if you wash your car with the new flash car wash kit as no streaks at all and looks like it has just been polished each time you wash.
Old 01 June 2005, 10:15 PM
rb5ban91r
Scooby Regular

i had this done on a bmw i was impressed but no way on this earth is it worth 200 quid gt it of ebay mate. i paid 50 quid and the "valeting guy" came and done it.