What mods did the 340R STI have?

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2020, 08:30 AM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Smile What mods did the 340R STI have?

Hi,

Hard to find much info on this but anyone know what mods the 2013 WRX STI 340R package had from the factory? I know the exhaust is louder than stock...quite noticeably...Was told updated panel filter also..

But odd on stage 1 at tuning companies they put down decat downpipe and fuel pump upgrade for 330BHP on standard model.

Any ideas of the full list?
Old 22 May 2020, 09:09 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

No mods from factory, but upgraded on arrival in UK by Subaru UK (PRO-R upgrades) similar to the Prodrive Performance Package of old.

The "340" is 340Ps so 335BHP with 490Nm torque
ECU remapped, second cat replacement pipe fitted and exhaust backboxes replaced (Manufactured by Scorpion Exhaust) plus a fuel flap sticker and a 340R sticker at base of B pillar (can't remember which side)
Plus a Sat nav upgrade?

No fuel pump upgrade required.

Had the 340R map only applied by Subaru to my "standard" MY11 car, but at the time running an H&S cat back exhaust.........so retaining both cats.

It's been throough many changes in its life so far......
https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...ti-saloon.html

Last edited by Don Clark; 22 May 2020 at 09:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 22 May 2020, 09:20 AM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

Very nice car first of all..

Cheers buddy i have all those on mine including the drivers side sticker and fuel cap sticker.

So it already has a decat downpipe?

Im just wondering what my mapping options are..I presume its a "pro-r" in house map so wont have ecutek license or anything..

I didnt get the Nav but upgraded that on the day i picked it uo..
Old 22 May 2020, 10:04 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sukhrajchhokar
So it already has a decat downpipe?
Im just wondering what my mapping options are..I presume its a "pro-r" in house map so wont have ecutek license or anything..
It has had the 2nd cat removed, it still has the main one in the first part of the down pipe.

As for who actually did the map I'm not sure.

Before you think about doing anything else I would read the thread on the 2.5L engine failures - very prevelant with these engines.

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-failures.html

The following users liked this post:
Old 23 May 2020, 10:58 PM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

Out of interest I presume being remapped its a better map than the standard one in terms of preventing ringlane failures etc...biggest fear of the STI for me..
Old 24 May 2020, 09:04 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Out of interest I presume being remapped its a better map than the standard one in terms of preventing ringland failures etc...biggest fear of the STI for me..
Not necessarily, it's a bit of a lottery with the standard internals, OEM map or revised map.

I recently found this US article which sums up the problems, which apply, to European cars as well due to the ever tightening of Euro emission levels. The main reason, (emissions) the EJ20 family of engines finally came to an end at the end of 2019.

https://www.comeanddriveit.com/engin...ngland-failure

Old 24 May 2020, 09:33 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Clark
Not necessarily, it's a bit of a lottery with the standard internals, OEM map or revised map.

I recently found this US article which sums up the problems, which apply, to European cars as well due to the ever tightening of Euro emission levels. The main reason, (emissions) the EJ20 family of engines finally came to an end at the end of 2019.

https://www.comeanddriveit.com/engin...ngland-failure
Great article....a must read for new impreza owners.....and old ones.
Old 24 May 2020, 10:21 AM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

Now I am worried...i get a oil burn smell when its driven hard. Is that due to cat removal for the 340r kit..or something else? The car is from a subaru dealership...
Old 24 May 2020, 12:42 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Now I am worried...i get a oil burn smell when its driven hard. Is that due to cat removal for the 340r kit..or something else? The car is from a subaru dealership...
Doubtful - have you checked for signs of external oil leakage, especially around the valve covers (particularly drivers side) which can make its way onto the exhaust.
Depends what you mean by "Driven hard" could also be a sign of burning oil in the engine, one way or another, keep an eye on oil consumption.
Old 24 May 2020, 12:44 PM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

Once warmed up staying on the higher end of revs to stay in the turbos range. Not noticed any leaks under car and I do check that like a hawk. I dont bash the rev limiter either lol just keep it in fun zone around twistys
Old 29 May 2020, 09:06 AM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

No oil loss so presume it might be just oil dropped when they serviced. One other question for fellow 340r members do we know what the boost levels are meant to be? I have a feeling something might be wrong. Sometimes when switched to Sport# it pins you down in your seat! Other times it does not feel as good as powerful? Is it a glitch in the ECU that it does not realise you have switched when doing it during driving or something more sinister?
Old 26 January 2021, 06:54 AM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I've decieded to start modding her abit now i've had her a while. So I have had scooby clinic order a decat downpipe but also a non resonated centre pipe from H&S. I'm now worried (car is left at my girlfriends up north at the minute) that the centre already had a non resonated pipe from the 340R package. Does anyone know if this is the case.

The two exhaust bits ordered...Keeping Pro-R boxes & getting a map done for it to be fine with the decat etc
Old 26 January 2021, 08:24 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Depends what you mean by centre pipe.
340R package did not include a non resonated rear "Y" pipe (UK resonated version highlighted in yellow), only the second cat removal pipe (part of the Subaru named centre exhaust pipe which includes the downpipe) made by Scoprpion (ringed in red).

Hayward and Scott's centre pipe is Subaru's rear pipe (Naming convention has always been a bone of contention between OEM and Aftermarket items).

A decat downpipe will almost certainly include the 2nd removal cat pipe as one piece.

Last edited by Don Clark; 26 January 2021 at 08:40 AM.
Old 26 January 2021, 08:54 AM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

Thank you for replying and yep the two parts shown are the ones ordered. I was concerned it already had a non resonated centre Y pipe as the picture shows. Glad i've not wasted my money! The modification bug has started......