Sponsored by:

2003 wrx sti mods

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2012, 12:11 PM
craig5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 wrx sti mods

am looking at getting a 2003 wrx sti the one im looking at is totally standard what are best upgrades at decent prices thanks dont want to go ott on mods
Old 28 October 2012, 12:17 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Full exhaust with sports cat/full decat (preferably the latter )
Panel filter
Upgraded fuel pump (if not got ppp but still wouldn't hurt to change for piece of mind)
Re map

Should see you 320(ish)+ as a ball park figure, mine rolled off 345 with the mods listed above

Should you want quicker spool lower down with better response then would recommend a Harvey smith up pipe, and if funds permit then maybe a ported set of headers, won't help your headline figure power wise by much but will make the car better to drive IMO they made a good difference for us
Old 28 October 2012, 12:50 PM
craig5
Scooby Regular

which is the better fuel pump as heard mixed reviews on walbro
Old 28 October 2012, 01:05 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Each to their own I suppose bud, depends on what you want it for, there is no point IMO spending a fortune on a pump with capabilities that exceed what your planning on doing, mine runs a walbro 255 and I ain't had a prob with it, yet others have so opinions will vary on that one tbh. There are other varieties about obviously that are near enough the same as the walbro but have no first hand experience with any so wouldn't like to comment, but I'm sure somebody will soon enough
Old 28 October 2012, 01:14 PM
craig5
Scooby Regular

dont want de-cat either cant be bothered with the changing every year would be interested in sport cat if could find 2nd hand 1, what exhausts everyone going for i used to hav a afterburner
Old 28 October 2012, 01:37 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Again there are mixed opinions on exhausts, I run a miltek and to be honest I'm not a lover, yet others swear by them, there are so many makes about, but I would imagine the majority will say

Miltek
Cobra
Blitz nur spec's
Hayward and Scott

And that's just a couple, do you want it loud or quiet, deep burble or raspy etc try going to a local meet where people have different options on their cars, will probably help make your mind up one way or another

And get friendly with a garage as some of them out there are more than helpful! come mot time can save you time and hassle although a good sports cat should not drastically alter performance tbh just finding a good second hand one as you could be paying for something that's fecked