Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone use Plusnet for ADSL?

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2010, 04:03 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Plusnet for ADSL?

Hi All,

I've been a happy Namesco customer for years but they're not offering a particularly good deal for annual renewal this year so I'm looking at alternatives. Plusnet jumped out having a great price and decent reviews at first glance, but after a bit more digging it seems they get a mix of great and terrible reviews, including talk of throttling the speed after they've had you as a customer for a while, etc. Anyone have experience with them?
Old 10 November 2010, 04:30 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Been with them for years both at home and for the office. The only issues I've had with them have been really down to BT (line faults).

Can't say I've seen anything to suggest the throttling after being a customer for a while... line length is the biggest restriction on speed on the home connection.
Old 10 November 2010, 05:02 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I have been with Plusnet for getting on 10yrs. Never had any issues with Plusnet service and I find their support system very good in reality.

I am on a price plan that is not available now and I do not have any throttle issues.... in fact I can't seem to get a comparable package for the price off anyone else. My older package is (for me) better than their current packages for what I need..... I do keep checking every 6 months or so with competitors. Unfortunately I can't swap to ADSL2 as I lose my benefits of the current package (as I would need to swap to a new price plan), but the speed increase is small in reality so not an issue.
Old 10 November 2010, 05:18 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Just don't download any Ministry Of Sound albums over BitTorrent
Old 10 November 2010, 10:57 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Many years ago I was looking at dial up and dsl options. Alas I could not get dsl so had to have dial up, bt's offering was crap on both fronts and so I went with plusnet and I have been very happy with them. When I relocated in 2003 my parents took over he connection and finally went to dsl early last year. They have had no real problems that I am aware of, and I would be getting calls from them if they were