Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

new website

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2006, 07:35 PM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new website

have a look does it look ok?

sold the 22B to set this business up.

to simon and shaun this is not an add

SMH Transport

just need some hits to try and get up on google a bit
Old 11 October 2006, 07:40 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good mate, when I have time I will have a proper look at it, but first impressions are good.

shame you couldnt offer the 22B as one of the courier cars, might have shaved a few seconds of the guaranteed delivery times
(sod all space though )

good on yer for starting your own business, I did quite a few years ago and although there are loads of downsides, nothing beats being your own boss

Last edited by SwissTony; 11 October 2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12 October 2006, 01:03 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

That site shouldn't really be using frames though! They probably wont help the engines...
Have you seen what happens when you increase the font size...
Old 12 October 2006, 07:14 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

Good on ya Si good luck to you both
Old 12 October 2006, 07:18 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very impressive indeed, good luck with the new venture
Old 12 October 2006, 10:09 PM
twistybits
Scooby Regular

A few things I would think about (I am not in transport industry but have been working for B2B and B2C companies in with a web presence for 10 years)

Add a note about coverage, All of UK etc.
Consider a Request a quote section (Start point, end point etc)

You say "We will maintain a modern, fully equipped fleet ", could you add a section on "our fleet?". My thinking is that I would want to know the vehicles were fit for purpose. Pictures of new, clean vehicles should help.

Your first page should be "Home" not "about us", about us pages normally have a more in depth profile of the business/people than the Home Page. I was on the service page and instantly looked for the home page to return from where i was.

The home page should be contain a strap line than sums up what you do, e.g A Flexible, Nationwide Delivery Service run buy experienced professionals

Move your names to the "About us" page, add more indepth profiles (you state "our experience In the transport Industry Includes over ten years of International, European and UK driving" thats the page to prove it with the Bio.

I hope you don't object to my comments, they are meant constructively.

Cheers

TB
Old 13 October 2006, 03:23 AM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

Originally Posted by twistybits
A few things I would think about (I am not in transport industry but have been working for B2B and B2C companies in with a web presence for 10 years)

Add a note about coverage, All of UK etc.
Consider a Request a quote section (Start point, end point etc)

You say "We will maintain a modern, fully equipped fleet ", could you add a section on "our fleet?". My thinking is that I would want to know the vehicles were fit for purpose. Pictures of new, clean vehicles should help.

Your first page should be "Home" not "about us", about us pages normally have a more in depth profile of the business/people than the Home Page. I was on the service page and instantly looked for the home page to return from where i was.

The home page should be contain a strap line than sums up what you do, e.g A Flexible, Nationwide Delivery Service run buy experienced professionals

Move your names to the "About us" page, add more indepth profiles (you state "our experience In the transport Industry Includes over ten years of International, European and UK driving" thats the page to prove it with the Bio.

I hope you don't object to my comments, they are meant constructively.

TB

putting pictures of the vans on as soon as they arrive and they have been sign written in nov, 56 plate brand new transit 140bhp GLX with every extra lol,thanks for the replies

after for 4 +yrs on here mate i never take comments the wrong way lol
Old 13 October 2006, 03:24 AM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

just need to get some hits on the website
Old 13 October 2006, 08:15 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

A contact number on the front page would be nice, I would think your potential customers would like to speak to you not read about how good you are.