Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Graphics card arrived today :) - Clad only in a jiffy bag :( !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2006, 12:47 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Graphics card arrived today :) - Clad only in a jiffy bag :( !!!!

Couldn't believe it!

Sat next to the front door 'CLONK' parcel comes through front door letter box onto tiled floor... Picked it up & it's my 'new' Gainward FX5900XT Ultra graphics card!

Opened the jiffy bag & a couple of tiny dark plasticky bits fell out

I was a little concerned to say the least - especially since he charged me £8.95 postage on wednesday last week for 1st class...

Strewth! I didn't expect it to work after that! - but it seems fine - just run 3dMark01 - 12850 so not too bad, 3dMark03 at 4831... - nice to see the trolls move instead of jumping from positin to position ...

I'm sorely tempted to give a negative feedback on that

Well perhaps a neutral...

Mick
Old 26 September 2006, 02:23 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Postage on ebay is a bloody joke, people are charging crazy money for plain simple first class. I know the postagea sizes, weights have increased but they take the ****.

Darren
Old 26 September 2006, 09:21 PM
TomBoyNI
Scooby Regular

Agreed postage is ridiculous on ebay!

2Gb memory card 4.99 postage 29.99, have a chat idiot!

Anyway, at least the card works, I'd go neutral and mouth a bit about the postage rates
Old 27 September 2006, 07:00 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Ebay are supposed to be clamping down on it, I think there's a page somewhere to report stuff like that. The cancel peoples accounts based on "fee aviodance".

How much for the card itself...?
Old 27 September 2006, 07:47 AM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Has anyone ever tried to report an item to eBay?

A friend of mine bid on a camera that was clearly a fake, you know the auctions, please don't bid, e-mail me for a price and the item picture is straight off the manufactures website along with all the text.

It took me about 10 minutes to get through all the forms and rubbish before I even found the section I was looking for. Not really straight forward.

Anyway, they cleared his bid and deleted the auction.

Darren
Old 12 October 2006, 02:25 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Update...

I left him neutral feedback "Graphics card good - but packaging leaves a lot to be desired!!!" - after having emailed him about my concerns...
Hi YJ

I was stunned yesterday when the postman delivered an object that crashed from my letterbox to the tiled floor below to find it was the graphics card you had sent!

Nothing to say 'handle with care', 'do not bend' or even 'breakable' or 'delicate' I opened the bubble envelope to find no box or extra packaging and no 'other accesories' as mentioned in your advertisement.
"As an added bonus, you will also receive a free, official sticker of "power by Gainward" for your PC, with many other accessories."
When i picked up the card it rattled - and a small piece of dark plastic fell out of the fan area - i found a couple more pieces in the bag!!!

You charged me £8.95 for P&P - the cost of postage for jiffy bag & card, it would appear to have cost you £1.70 & it was not even posted straight away. I thought for this price postage it must at least be boxed and properly wrapped and an effort made to get to the post office quickly!

You will not be surprised to find that I am not pleased about this transaction.

But you will be pleased to find that by some miracle the card does indeed appear to function correctly!
He gave me neutral feedback in return - "Not bad. Money received relatively quickly with minor complains." - relatively quickly I paid by PayPal within an hour of winning the auction

Agghhh - GIT!

Mick
Old 12 October 2006, 09:33 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

What a to$$er. Leaving you neutral feedback. £8.95 is a complete rip off. People charging these prices for postage should get no custom.

Proby.
Old 12 October 2006, 09:42 PM
dbmica
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TomBoyNI
Agreed postage is ridiculous on ebay!

2Gb memory card 4.99 postage 29.99, have a chat idiot!

Anyway, at least the card works, I'd go neutral and mouth a bit about the postage rates
be careful with the memory cards m8. i got a 1gb that turned out to be a fake. you would never know by looking at it i only found out because after 60 or so pics the pics got corrupted. i sent it to sony and they told me it was a fake.
Old 12 October 2006, 10:37 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by dbmica
be careful with the memory cards m8. i got a 1gb that turned out to be a fake. you would never know by looking at it i only found out because after 60 or so pics the pics got corrupted. i sent it to sony and they told me it was a fake.
Absolutely. There are some idiots on here that won't believe it though ! They think that because it works now, that its real and its a bargain (not anyone on this thread may I add)
Old 12 October 2006, 10:55 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk
Absolutely. There are some idiots on here that won't believe it though ! They think that because it works now, that its real and its a bargain (not anyone on this thread may I add)

me???

mines fake! 2GB Duo for £30 something so cant really complain! still working fine after a good 8 months or so..
Old 13 October 2006, 08:32 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you think you are getting something for nothing, it's probably the other way around in reality!

I'll stick to buying things from proper shops with real brands and real reputations. An Ebay feedback record is no substitute. You can't give him neg for being a PoS, so that says enough about the added value for the buyer of previous "good feedback"
Old 13 October 2006, 10:03 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
If you think you are getting something for nothing, it's probably the other way around in reality!

I'll stick to buying things from proper shops with real brands and real reputations. An Ebay feedback record is no substitute. You can't give him neg for being a PoS, so that says enough about the added value for the buyer of previous "good feedback"
I've bought plenty of brand new stuff from eBay with no problems, providing you stick to the decent sellers and keep your eyes open everything is fine.

Plus you get some good deals on ebay too.